Chapter 1

One Horrible Night, One amazing day

 

As weird as it was as you hit the wall hard, head connecting with the brick building behind you with a thud that could be nothing but dangerous to your consciousness all you could think was how utterly typical it was that your already horrible day had to descend into absolute hell. The man who was at the moment trying to detangle your bag from your arm growled angrily when the strap refused to move and you could do nothing but slide down the wall, seeing stars as he lost what little patience he had left and ripped the bag from you, the leather digging into your skin as it tore.

 

You couldn't help the whimper that escaped your throat as the man turned evil eyes back to you, seeming to realise that you were according to your friends an attractive young woman he hauled you back up to your feet, putting his face close to your own. You could smell his rancid breath and doubted he'd bathed in the past few days. Finally finding some sense you did the only thing you could think of and screamed loudly straight into his ear, all this got you though was a wince and your head connecting with the wall once more as he shook you like a rag doll.

 

You were fairly sure that something even worse than loosing your bag was going to happen when all of sudden the guys hands had gone, without him holding you up you slid back to the floor, head spinning as you heard and vaguely saw the outline of another man landing a fairly devastating kick to the back of your attackers head.

 

 

The new man came and crouched down in front of you, hand reaching out to gently turn your face up to his, in the semi gloom of the evening you could just make out dark eyes and the glint of earrings in both of his ears, you were being moved again before you could complain or try and escape this new man who was apparently just as dangerous. His hands were gentle though as he lifted you back to your feet “can you stand?” he asked, in heavily accented korean.

 

You tried to speak but all that came out was jumbled letters as you swayed on the spot. Before you could fall the new man grabbed your arms once more. “head... hurts” you manage to say, finally connecting letters into words.

 

“can you at least see?” you were asked once more in that deep voice.

 

You nodded then regretted it as the action made you head spin and your stomach threatened to empty its contents. You groaned without meaning to, the man apparently took this as a sign as sighing he swung you up into his arms and carried you bridal style back onto the street, looking around he found an all night cafe and went in, the district you had been walking through was rough and the cafe owners find nothing out of the ordinary about a young woman being carried into their establishment.

 

You were placed onto the floor by a table where you could lean against the wall, you heard the man order some tea and ask for some cold water before sitting down beside you once more. In the bright light you could see more easily, your rescuer was an extremely attractive man. Dark hair hanging into his eyes, and a gaze that probably should have made you nervous however it was hard to be scared of the man who had just saved you from a probable .

 

The cold water arrived along with the tea, “drink this” he ordered handing you the cold water.

 

Doing as he asked you drained the glass of cold water, afterwards pressing your cold hands to your cheeks trying to fight through the haze currently enshrouding your brain. The cold helped more than you would have thought as your voice finally returned “thank you” you said softly.

 

He smiled briefly at you pouring tea for the two of you and handing you a cup “no problem” he twisted and from behind him brought out your bag “i presume this is yours as well”

 

You nod and take it from him “thank you” you say before smiling slightly “again”

 

“no problem” he repeated “you hit your head pretty hard, you should get it checked out”

 

Wincing you lift your hand to the back of your head, there's no cut but your sure your going to have a bump the size of an egg in the morning “i think i'll be alright” you say.

 

He looked out of the window of the cafe frowning slightly “what are you doing around here at night?” he asked, eyes returning to you “this isn't a good neighbourhood to walk around alone in”

 

You put the tea cup back on the table suddenly embarrassed “I live close by” you admit making his eyes widen, suddenly defensive you scowl “not all of us can be famous idols, some of us have to live of a waitresses salary”

 

The man jerked, eyes narrowing “you recognise me”

 

You nod once, now your brain has started to function again you have connected the dark eyes and piercing stare to Tao from EXO M, the new rookie group. The accented Korean helped as well. “Yes” you say simply “my flatmate likes EXO. So I know who you are. Tao”

 

“Your flatmate likes us. You don't like EXO?” he asks.

 

You find a smile from somewhere watching as his eyes widen once more at your grin “I think they may be growing on me after tonight”

 

Tao laughs finishing his own tea and placing the cup back down on the table. “So you know my name, fairs fair whats yours?”

 

“Jiyoung” He smiles and glances outside once more, obviously still not happy with where you are. “What are you doing this far downtown?” you ask him “after all, its dangerous to be outside after dark”

 

He suddenly looks embarrassed a blush staining the tops of his ears and cheek bones. “I... umm... I might have gotten lost” he mumbles.

 

His admission startles a laugh out of you as his blush deepens. “Well couldn't you just ring your Hyungs?”

 

Tao sighed loudly before showing you his phone screen, it was dark and obviously drained “the stupid thing ran out of battery 3 hours ago”

 

“I guess its not just me having a bad day then huh?” you tease softly.

 

Tao manages to grin at you once more, his own smile lighted up his face and you found you stomach spinning for a different reason this time. You might have not been entirely truthful when you told him your flatmate liked EXO, she did but that didn't mean that you hadn't enjoyed some of their music as well. You'd always expected Luhan would be more your type though, smiling and light. Tao however who was dark and had a dangerous aura clinging to him was definitely giving your brain idea's of things you were sure you weren't allowed to do to an idol.

 

“So” you continue “maybe I can save you this time?” You rummage through your bag until you find your own phone handing it over to him. “Call one of your managers or members to come get you”

 

Relief fills Tao's face as he gratefully takes your phone and dial's in a number, you only half pay attention to the conversation, after all he's speaking what you presume must be chinese. Instead you take the opportunity to study him some more, his skin is much darker than your own but you like it, the colour matches the black of his eyes and hair and is a sharp contrast to the white of his teeth. His cheekbones are well defined and as he talks moving his arms more animatedly you can follow the play of muscles in his body, honed by what you presume must be a rigorous training regime and a dedication to martial arts. You zone back in when his hand waves suddenly in front of your face, he's still on the phone but smirking enough that you know he's caught you checking him out. Refusing to be embarrassed you listen once more to his question.

 

“Where am I?” he asks in Korean once more.

 

“Your in …... district. But do you want to just have them come get you from my apartment?”

 

He nods “sure. Where's that”

You reel off an address that Tao repeats back into your phone to whoever is on the other end of the line. Soon after that he hangs up the phone and passes it back to you. “So, we should go?” he asks.

 

You nod and attempt to get back up to your feet, your head however even though it seems to be working again doesn't like the attempt at movement and the world spins dangerously. Tao frowns “i really think you should get that looked at” he insists while holding out his hand for you to take, he pulls you up to your feet with little effort before throwing some money down on the table for the tea.

 

“Maybe in the morning” you admit, worried now that actually you have done some damage.

 

Tao accepts your words and leads you back out into the night, you quickly point him in the right direction to your flat and you walk back together in semi quiet. It's only when your nearly at the door to your apartment block that you realise Tao never let go of your hand, even when it was obvious that you didn't need his support anymore to walk. Your heart clenches up a little bit as you notice other things as well like how every few minutes he glances over at you, or the way he's biting his lip nervously like he wants to say something but isn't quite sure how to start.

 

“This is it” you say breaking the silence and pointing to your building. You were desperate for him to say something to you, ask for your phone number or indicate slightly that he might want to see you again but car headlights suddenly light up the street pulling to a stop next to you and Tao, who dropped your hand quickly as the window of the car was rolled down and a head poked out shouting for Tao to hurry the hell up. He smiled down at you awkwardly. “get your head checked out ok” he said once more “and stay out of dark alleys”

 

You smile “thank you, seriously thank you for saving me” without thinking to much about it you reach up on tip toes and gently kiss his cheek. Tao stands there shocked for a moment before nodding, “its ok” he mumbles. He sends you one last grin before pushing you towards your door “go inside before I leave” he says forcing you through the doorway which you manage to open with shaking hands. You manage to say thank you once more before he's gone, the door shutting and soon after you hear a car engine starting up and vanishing down the street. You sigh softly on the stair well rubbing your head and starting the long climb to the top floor.

 

 

Your coming out of the doctors office the next morning, with a prescription written for headache tablets and some cream for the bruising on your shoulder when you feel your phone vibrating. Pulling it out of your pocket you frown at the unknown number, opening the message you find your frown disappearing into a huge grin

 

To: Jiyoung

From: …........

I'm lost again, come save me. Tao

 

From: Jiyoung

To: Tao

How can I save you when I don't know where you are? And how did you get my number?

 

To: Jiyoung

From: Tao

It was on Kris's phone memory! And i'm outside :)

 

Outside? You look up and cover your mouth in shock when you see Tao standing outside the glass doors of the doctors surgery. Smiling at him you slip the phone back into your bag and go outside to meet him.

 

“Hungry?” he asks after a moment of silence.

 

You nod “sure. I could eat”

 

He hesitates a moment before holding out his hand, you look up at him then back down at his hand, before reaching out and lacing your fingers with his own. He smiles before leading you towards a restaurant close by. Maybe yesterday wasn't such a bad day after all you think to yourself.