First drink

Night Club number what?

Ah. What am I doing here again? I admit, the music is relativley good. The white-cushioned chairs fit well with the alcoholstained tablecloths. Half happy graduates move to a heavy beat all around the tables and especially: on the dancefloor.

I for my part sit around, waiting for this to end. People are laughing. People are drinking. But I don't care. Since I don't know anybody. All these faces, smiles and half smiles, down faces, quarreling couples... And me in the thick of it.

I only came here for a friend. Said friend emerged to be part of the faces in the crowd half an hour ago. I'm not lonely at this table with strangers though, and strangely, I don't mind. Except... What do these two girls want with me? Don't really care. Not even with their polished party-nails digging into my arms left and right.

Well, still two hours and a half to go. What to do? I guess, first I should get myself occupied. Like a glass to turn in my hands. Therefore, I make a beeline for the bar, hoping to get something WITHOUT cheap alcohol. Ignoring the whines following me, both girls kind of immediatly searching for new targets, I try and get myself a coke. What I get though surely isn't without any persentage!!

A whiskey-coke in hand I make to sit down, faces passing by, women in arms, men drunk... At least, my seat isn't taken and the drink isn't too sweet.

So here I am sitting with strangers again. I can't find my friend in the huge crowd and against my expectations, I don't enjoy watching people rub their bodies together offbeat as much as I anticipated first.

Ah, seriously... The third person bumping into my chair in the last minute and this person seems exceptionally drunk! Can't walk straight, laughs obnoxiously loud and (of course) comes to tumble right into my lap and half over the table, hand falling from my thigh to his side.

These people aren't even a year over 18 and still get this wasted? He doesn't even try to get up, just laughing like the world's best joke was just told. Anyway, the kind and otherwise unoccupied me first saves my drink of course and second gets a firm grip on his arm to help him up. He looks up lazily, grinning from ear to ear. Let me just say this, his grin extraordinarily reaches his eyes. So much, I can't tell his eyecolor by how squinted they are.

But I have to say, would he not babble on about how he desperatly wants to dance, he would get by as outstandingly handsome. Just as my mind forms that thought, he stumbles and grips my arm in a much-more-loose hold than myself and babbles on about god knows what.

Ah seriously... Can't you just leave me alone? But of course... As I want to let go and politely resume staring into my drink, he (really loosely) pulls at my arm.

Huge eyes unbelievingly staring at the drunkard senior (he looks a bit older than the rest even though definitly not more mature) I try to pry him off and politely stare him down.

"Heeeeey, come on froooog!!"

He just doesn't stop pulling. And like that, his friends join the fun, pushing me laughing and joking about the kohai-eating Lee Jinki towards the dance floor. The OVERLY CROWDED dancefloor.

Well, there you have me, pressing against some (admittedly cute) drunk. He can't stand, he can't walk but dance... In some sense, he can. He's still wasted and staggers with every second move but looking at himstumbling aftually TO THE BEAT... It's funny. He seems to be the only one who even knows what a beat is. And I find myself enjoying this A BIT! I can't find a way to move with him though.

So now what to do? Somehow I move separatly but not for long. Women staring just as much as men, we get a little space but the guy I'm 'dancing with' suddenly stops his strange popping and flopping and grabs my wrists.

"Dance mister stiff, DA~NCE!!"

And he pulls me with him into his world of 'dancing'. The drunk version. I don't know how I look but seeing how his excessive but natural laughter rings through the heavy bass, I forget all the stares. For once in the first year of university, I am having fun. With another guy.

Ok, I'm bi, but still.

Two and a half songs later, he's still dancing. And I'm not tired of it yet. That's an accomplishment!

But now, ok GROSS! That's too much. He just collapsed into my arms, saliva drooling oall over my new shirt. Ah seriously~ wait, did he fall asleep?! Chincha???

I am seriously carrying a flower boy through a crowd of drunk newly-graduates to take care of him in the bathroom. Why did I come here again?

Well no helping it. Sitting in the men's bathroom with a passed out cutie isn't too bad, right? Wrong. I can't just leave him here. At least he didn't puke...

Incoherent mumbling from somewhere on the ground draws my attention to the boy. How can he drink so much??? Anyways, he tries to get up, so I help him. A low thanks from him and he heaves himself up by the sink.

"Thanks~" he lulles.

"Can you walk?" He doesn't answer, occupied with staring his reflection down.

"Hey... Have you maaaaaybe sheen my flower?"

...What?

"What flower?"

"You know. You saw him too. Handsome man all alone? My flower... I have to go back. Make him... Dance, you know... Happy"

....... Okay? So I got he had his eyes on someone? "Seriously, I don't know your flower. Go look for that guy?"

Honestly, I just want to get rid of him now somehow, he should just go home. Plus, my friend should be done by now...

"NO!!" Suddenly, arms grab what's reachable of my shirt and the guy looks up at me... begging? "Don't leave me alone with this!!" And he points at the bathroom mirror. Haaaach!! Only trouble with drunk people.

"Hey, I'll bring you to your flower and then you go home, ok?"

"You know him? He looks handsome. Tall. Just like you. A loooot like you."

What is up with this guy?? If he's that clingy when he's drunk, somebody will take advantage of him.

"Yes I know him." I can't help but sigh though. "Let's go." I help him up and whoop, just like thlat he flings his arms around my shoulder for support. As if he wasn't totally defenseless... Geez.

Not that I care. Or worry even.

Therefore half carrying him through the club, I get him outside kinda safely. Now what.

I don't know his friends, nor any guard here or anythig. And my friend? He'll get out alone. Looking at the babbling mess in my arms I think it would be best to bring him home. He won't have to sleep in the alleys. Yeah, that's a good enough reason.

 

To wrap it all up, I brought him home that night, took care of his dressing problem and somewhere through his drunk not-so-suptle advances and years of trying to get things going, we are here now.

"That's how I met my husband."

"Romantic, kind husband, mind you!" Lee Jinki has to add.

Yeah... Still the cute party-lion.

 


a/n ok, so this is somethig entirely different. I couldn't really play with italics or layout and I just wrote this out of a whim. No gifs or anything since I'm uploading this from my cell phone.

I was bored to death at this party and I just wanted to do something. Of course I don't have a handsome Onew to pick me up but still, this story helped me a lot even though it's crap. Don't know, maybe there'll be a second chap sometime when I'm lonely or bored... We'll see.

Still love you guys~

I wish for you that you will never have to drink alone.

Night~~