Welcome to the Dark Side

Welcome to the Dark Side

Hi everyone this one shot was written for NLI contest. Hope you guys enjoy the story^^.

Welcome To the Dark Side

Have you ever been to the dark side of town before? You know the side of town where it sleeps in the daytime but when night falls it lives? The part of town your parents warn you about. The dark side is what they call it. People say that once you get in, you can’t get out. Even if you did get out you will be crawling back in soon after. But me I won’t let that happen. When I get out of here I won’t ever come back again. Never ever.

What do I actually do around here in the dark side? Well you might call me one of the lucky ones because I only run errands for my master. I don’t interact with these dirty people out here. But that doesn’t mean that I will be able to keep running errands forever. If I stay here longer soon enough I will be joining these girls out here, wearing those overly expose dress in the cold trying to get a couple bucks from those drunk guys.

How did I actually end up here? Well it started as a dare and ended up a disaster. My friends dare me to enter the dark side and walk back out for fun. It was just all for fun. Before I even got the chance to step out of the dark side I was caught and pulled back in by the devil, Hoya.

“Well well well, who do we have here? A girl from the other side of town? You wanna play little girl? What would you like to play?”
“Excuse me?” I back away from him in fear and mumble out “..I don’t want anything from you.”
He grabs a hold of my wrist and pulls me closer to him.
“If you didn’t want anything you shouldn’t have enter my side of town. You only enter if you want something.”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”
“You should have known better. Right now you owe me money for trespassing.”
“Trespassing? Money? I don’t have any money. I’m just a college student.”
“Well then you will have to work off your debt then.”
“I..I..I don’t have a job.”
He laughs at me. “You pay off your debt by working for me.”
“What?”
“You work for me now. Call me Master Hoya.”

He drags me along with him to a dark apartment and slams a piece of paper onto the desk. He stares at me from head to toe.

“What’s your name?”
“Ena”
“What can you do Ena? Dance? Sing? Flirt?”
“None of those.”

He leans over the table and pulls off my glasses. His hand went behind my head and pulls my hair bun out. My hair unravels and fell to my sides.

“That’s better. Now, dance.”
“Dance? I don’t know how.”
“JUST DANCE!”

Frighten by his tone I quickly got up and started dancing. After a couple minutes he stood up from his seat, grabs his chair and swings it at me. It missed me by an inch. 

“Are you kidding me? What kind of dance is that?”
“F-f-fish on dry land.”
Master Hoya came over to me and grabs my collar.
“Why are you so useless?”
“I-I-I’m sorry.”
Frighten by him tears started coming out. He lets go of me.
“From now on you’re my slave.”
He quickly dips my thumb into ink and forcefully presses my thumb on to the paper. The paper was my contract. Until I paid off my debt I can’t leave.
“Welcome to the dark side.” He smirks.

And that was how I got here. I’m his slave. I run errands for him collect money from other girls, clean, cook and once in a while I will accompany him to clubs. But since I’m a errand/slave/maid girl I don’t have to do dirty stuff for him, you know like sleep with guys for money.

Even thought I wasn’t one of those dirty girls I was still forced to wear miniskirts, cosplay costume and heavy makeup. Even if I was just cleaning I had to wear them.

As time pass I must have turned crazy. Living with him twenty-four hours a day seven days a week and seeing how he embrace his hoes I started to want him to embrace me like he did them too but minus the ual stuff. He didn’t talk much to me. He usually leaves me notes. When he looks at me he’s always frowning and mad. And when one of his hoes gets him mad he comes home and trash the place for me to clean. He was a jerk. 

But lately I haven’t seen any of his girls and he suddenly stops going out. He started making little conversations with me and he keeps staring at me like he’s the lion and I’m his prey. Was he scared I was going to run away? How can I run away if every time he buys me something like clothes and shampoo he adds it to my debt. It seems as if there was no escape from him. 

After locking himself in his apartment for weeks his friend Master SungGyu came over with his mistress Candy to check up on him. Master SungGyu was a scary one. He kept looking at me too like he was waiting for the perfect time to kill me. He kept his eyes on me until Hoya went into the restroom and he sent Candy out to the car. He walks up over to me and whispers.

“How much?”
“How much what?”
He moves in closer to me. “For a night.”

With these clothes and makeup no surprise he thought I was a hoe. Hoya came back out. He looked over at us and his face started to change. Was he mad?

He pushes me inside my room and locks me in there. From the inside I heard him.
“Back off my property. She’s not for sale or rent. She’s just an errand girl.”

After a while my door opens. It was Candy she came in with a gift. 
“So you’re the new errand girl huh. You don’t look like one.”
“What do you mean?”
“Master Hoya’s past errand girls didn’t look like you. They were…how do I say this…normal? They didn’t dress up and put on heavy makeup like you. They were just normal, unattractive. But you’re different. How much do you actually owe him?”
“Around five thousand.”
She started laughing.
“You’re kidding right? The past girls owe him more than that. Maybe Master Hoya likes you? He was so protective of you out there.”
“I don’t care. I don’t want to get involve. I just want to hurry up and get this over with. I want to go home.”
She looks at me seriously.
“Really? Well there is a faster way for you to get out of debt.”
“There is? How?”
“Dance.”
“Dance? I can’t dance.”
“Well it’s either dance or selling yourself out there. Those are the only two options.”
“Why?”
“Those two options brings in the most and fastest money. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to sell yourself so dancing is the only option you have.”
“Why are you telling me this?”
“Didn’t you see they was Master SungGyu was looking at you out there? I don’t want to lose my job to you. Plus he made me go get this for you.” 
She opens up the box. It was a dress.
“This means Master SungGyu is interested in you.”
“Okay. Teach me then. Teach me how to dance.”
She smiles at me and pats me head. 

------

Within a month I learned her dance. I ran out to her apartment after Hoya slept and learned from her every morning. I didn’t think that my chance of going home was coming this fast.

While caking on my makeup Hoya came into my room without knocking as usual and sat on my bed.
“Get ready. You’re going with me tonight.”
“Tonight?”
He stared at me like he knew something was going on. Did I answer to happily just now?

At the club we met Master SungGyu and Candy. Candy excused us right away. 

“Excuse us. Ena let’s go to the bathroom.”

I followed her. As soon as we got far enough for them not to see us she stops me.

“Okay it’s time.”
“Time? Now?”
“Yes. Look around we have a full house tonight. If you go out there and do exactly what I taught you, you would be free by the time the song ends.”

With those words FREE BY THE TIME THE SONG ENDS I gain confidence and agreed. The club owner was a friend of Candy’s so she let me dance as a special tonight. Usually only girls who worked here can dance on the stage. 

I went behind the current and sat in the position I was taught. Left knee up, elbow on knee and arch my back. The current pulls open and the ual music started playing. Just as I was taught I moved my body to the beat and pulled everyone’s eyes towards me with my exotic dance. In the corner of my eye I was Hoya.

Like everyone else his eyes were only on me. By the time the song ended money flowed in from the crowd like water flowing out of a faucet. 

The club owner counted the money and subtracted the compassion fee. The rest of the money was mine. It was more than enough to set me free. I ran back to the apartment without telling Hoya. I wasn’t his slave anymore I was free. I changed into the clothes I wore when I enter the dark side. I was finally free.

Hoya came into my room and looks at me with burning eyes. How could I his slave do things behind his back? But I wasn’t scared. For the first time I felt stronger. I took the cash that I earned and slap him in the face with it.

“There your money. That should be more than enough right? I can leave now.”
I took a deep breath and push him out of my way. I walk out of the room and he suddenly stops me with his words.
“Can’t you stay?”
He sounded sad. I turn to him.
“What?”
“Stay…”
He sounded sincere. He walks up to me and ran his hand through my hair.
“Stay with me.”
He pulls me in and kisses my forehead.
“As my women not my slave. Be my women.”

He lifted my chin up and pressed his warm lips on to mine. And just like that I was trap on the Dark side forever. I guess what they said is true. Once you get in you can’t get out.