~Special Addition~

A Lifetime's Worth

Now a sophomore, Sehun thought he was feeling a little more grownup than when he’d first started university. The school was huge, but he had quite a few friends scattered from each department.

He was going to be an interior designer. He wanted to craft designs that would be worth a lifetime’s memory. Sehun wanted to do awesome things.

Out of the group only he and Junghyeok had enrolled in SNU. Eunbin, Hyemi, and Sehee had each gone to their own schools.

The year before university started, Junghyeok lost a lot of weight. He was almost unrecognizable when Sehun saw him wandering the hallways. From a chubby adolescent, he was now a lean man.

So such changes were possible after all, Sehun had thought amused.

When the second year started Sehun rarely saw Junghyeok around. Sehun heard from a few close friends that Junghyeok was often spending time with some girl. Assuming that he was probably dating someone he wanted to keep secret, Sehun never minded him.

One day, though, while walking around the campus library Sehun caught sight of someone familiar while searching through the books on the shelves. Curious he walked away from the aisle into the hall and looked around. The person that had been there before was now gone.

Frowning he searched around a little more before turning to walk away.

“Heard you’ve been seeing someone,” Sehun started during lunch one day.

“Wh…what?” Junghyeok asked. “Who told you that?”

“Well I hear from here and there,” Sehun shrugged. “Who is she?”

Junghyeok broadly smiled, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Leaning over Sehun playfully punched him in the chest, “Oh come on. Why so secretive? She’s your girl, isn’t she?”

“No…not really, who told you that?” he wondered.

“I told you. Here and there,” Sehun repeated.

“It’s nothing,” Junghyeok told before getting up, “I have to go. There’s a physics exam in the morning.”

“Fine, good luck,” Sehun called after him before leaning back into his chair to continue slurping on his slushy.

It was a bright sunny day that spring and little hotter than needed be. Sehun pulled at his shirt feeling sweaty before he saw that head he’d seen in the library the other day.

Who was she?

Sehun watched her walk by and start toward the library with her back to him before he slowly followed. He kept his eyes trained on her as if trying to figure her out by her profile before someone shouted and he barely dodged in time before both he and the biker collided.

“Be more careful next time!” the biker shouted in warning.

Sehun raised his hand up in apology, but when he turned around the girl was gone.

He spent the next week commuting from home to school before he finally caught Junghyeok and the girl in the hallway. They’d just come out from some biology lab when Sehun spotted Junghyeok’s familiar back. So with a mischievous smirk he tailed his friend wondering why Junghyeok wasn’t telling him of this girl he was seeing. It wasn’t like he was interested in taking this girl away from his friend.

Sehun wasn’t that kind of person.

Quickly heading in the opposite direction so that when he headed down he would enter the hallway opposite from the one Junghyeok was headed toward. Then he’d be able to see who that girl with Junghyeok was.

Sehun was excited about it all; catching his friend red handed and making fun of him later on. Things quickly died down when he ran down the hallway. It was as if an invisible wave was crashing down upon him. None of it had been what he’d foreseen just a few minutes ago.

From even the largest crowd to an amusement park he swore he’d be able to pick her out from anywhere. The person who’d told him not to forget her was right there in front of his very eyes. She didn’t look much different from when he last saw her 3 years ago.

His breath caught itself in his throat when he saw her. Junghyeok’s arm was linked around her shoulders as if they’d always been the best of pals before they turned right in front of his eyes. Sehun had been completely ignored.

Sehun’s head turned, his face stuck with overwhelming shock before he jogged down the hallway after them. How could Junghyeok…how could he have kept her from him?

Running out of the building he turned in every which direction, but saw none of Namjoo or Junghyeok. There was a long path down his right which led to the music department and another that led back down to the library and the cafeteria. Following his instincts he dashed down his left deliriously searching.

If he’d seen Namjoo, that meant she was here in Seoul. Why was she here? Was she a student of the national university? Could it be…they were at the same school again?

Sehun felt his heart pump loudly, but wherever he looked he couldn’t find her. Finally exhausted he made it back home to his room and dropped onto his bed panting. At least he knew she was here and he’d find her.

The next day at school when his morning class ended he headed toward the commons to grab lunch. He was just biting into his sandwich when he heard someone pull out a seat behind him while talking loudly into the phone. Sehun continuously chewed on the sandwich before his jaw slowly came to a stop.

As his eyes stilled and all concentration went to his ears while eavesdropping he thought he could slowly recognize the way she was talking.

All of it was coming back to him. All of it…

Twisting around in his chair he turned around to look at the short haired girl and tried to get a picture of Namjoo with that particular hairstyle in his head.

“Namjoo?” he called out.

She seemed to stop talking before quickly turning around to look at him. Sehun felt their eyes meet and his heart race.

It was Namjoo. It was really her.

“Hey I’ll…I’ll call you back,” Namjoo spoke into her phone her eyes slowly inching wider. “Se…hun?”


***HOHOHOHO!!! 

***If you haven't heard, this is going to be another oneshot set trilogy! 

***The next oneshot is coming soon!