Rain on the parade...

Jelly! ☂

 

"I called you a few times already and since you didn't pick up for a while now... I just tell you like this. By voicemail. Don't make fun of me, but I like you. Ever since we got partnered up last year. I liked you since then. I'm sorry. Bye."

 

DaeHyun listened to the message and he let it go on loop on and on. He didn't know how to respond. He was stuck and because of the message and his self doubt, he began avoiding me.

 

Few days later...

 

My phone beeped and I looked over at it and the light showed brightly. I went over and looked at the alert.

 

[Facebook: ZELO posted on your wall.]

 

I smiled since I haven't spoken to him for a while now.

 

[How's your summer so far?]

 

I began typing and posted a comment on his wall post.

 

[It's been fun so far! How about you?]

 

A little later he posted a comment and I opened up and read the short post.

 

[Lame. So Bored. DX]

 

I laughed and commented back. I went back to get packing for tomorrow's camping trip.

 

[Why don't you come to camp with me?]

 

[When? Wjere? How Much?! :D] He posted right after I finished packing.

 

[Tomorrow and for 3 days. I don't know, but I heard it's a good camp. $16.] I jumped onto my bed and laid there and played games on my phone. A notification showed and another post came up.

 

[Okay. I'll meet you at your house then. Who are we going with?]

 

[We don't have to get there until 9AM. It's a church camp. You'll have fun. It's late. Go to bed.] I put my phone on my nightstand and let it charge.

 

In the morning...

 

[It's not late now.]

 

I chuckled at the super obvious guy who posted on my wall again.

 

[It's 6 in the morning. You're excited right?] I was about to go back to sleep when it buzzed again.

 

[Can I come over around 7? My parents say I need to leave early, so they kicked me out. ):]

 

[Yeah sure.] I dropped my phone and it hung from the wire. I ran to my door and took a long shower. I finished around 6:45 and put on a hoodie and harem sweatpants. I let my hair air dry and my mom looked at me as if I was crazy.

 

"Morning princess! Why are you up so early?" My mom stirred the porridge and I just sat on the island counter top.

 

"My friend woke me up and he'll be here soon." I answered.

 

"Oh? Table for 5? Wait It's a boy?!" My mom screamed making my sister and dad run out with bed hair and pajamas.

 

"What happened?" They both asked frantically.

 

"Our baby has a boyfriend!" My mom jumped around after turning off the stove.

 

Ding Dong!~ The bell rung and my sister ran after my dog to open the door.

 

"Hi! I'm Zelo." Zelo bowed. He saw me whining inside the house.

 

"Your boyfriend's here!" My sister yelled making Zelo burst into laughter.

 

"He's not my boyfriend! Gah!" I whined.

 

"Sure." They all looked at us weirdly.

 

"Why are you denying it babe?" Zelo pulled me over and put his arm around me. I smacked his chest and he chuckled. The family gasped and was telling each other 'I told you so.'

 

"I'll drop kick you." I whispered in his ear and he immediately loosened up.

 

"I was just kidding." Zelo laughed and I pulled him to the table.

 

"We have porridge today. You hungry?" I asked and he dug in.

 

"Aw that . I was hoping you were dating someone. He's cute you know." My sister said.

 

"Thank you noona!" Zelo thanked after he scarfed down the food.

 

"So cute!" My mom squealed. They had a long conversation that almost made us late for the trip.

 

"JoonHong, Let's go!" I took my suitcase and sleeping bag and ran down to the nearest bus stop.

 

"Bye imo, noona and samchon! Goodbye Max." He pet the dog and ran after me and boarded the bus. Some middle school girls who were going to school squealed about Zelo. He just walked in and smiled at them making them swoon.

 

"Prepare to have that happening to you throughout the whole weekend." I laughed.

 

"Sorry girls. I have a girlfriend." He held my hand.

 

"Wow. I hate you right now." I kicked him. He winced and chuckled. The girls took pictures of him. I find it so weird that he's not a model. Girls obviously like him. In a few stops, there were more girls and the closer he held me.

 

"Don't worry. I don't like you, but you are very nice to play along." He whispered. I elbowed him and he took a double take.

 

"Here's our stop!" I yelled and took my luggage and rushed out, but he grabbed my wrist.

 

"Wait for me." He followed me and we walked for another block and arrived at the church. There was 3 charter buses and we loaded onto one. I didn't get to ride with DaeHyun because he arrived earlier so he went on the first bus. We came late so we boarded the third bus and Zelo paid for the trip at the camp director's office. He sat beside me during the ride and since he woke up, he allowed me to lean on him. All my cousins and friends looked at us and they were jealous. Some girls that I didn't really get along with glared at me. Zelo just smiled and waved. In the end, I fell asleep through the 5 hour road trip to camp.

 

Hours later...

 

"Wakey wakey." Zelo poked my cheek and I slowly woke up to see his face so close to mine. My eyes widened. He chuckled.

 

"What a loser. Let's go." He said and pushed me up. I walked off and went to get my luggage with Zelo from the bus compartments. By the time we took out our final bags, there was screaming. I turned over to the 7 girls and 2 guys running over to us and the three walking over.

 

"Ahhh! We missed you! Wait who's he?" They hugged me and looked over at Zelo. The girls went over to examine the 6 feet boy who was beginning to laugh at their reactions. The two guys looked at me and was begging for answers. The three guys who were walking consisted of my 2 cousins and DaeHyun. I felt stupid. DaeHyun just looked over at me and started talking to my cousins who were begging me.

 

"This is Zelo. Zelo meet my friends and cousins. Guys meet Zelo. I see the girls gotten close already." I chuckled seeing the girls taking selcas with the clueless cutie.

 

"I'll be right back." DaeHyun said and walked off to the dining hall for a drink of water from the canteen.

 

"Are you guys dating?" They all asked at once.

 

"No! We're just friends." We both answered and the girls who were snickering during the ride ran up to Zelo.

 

"I'm sorry girls, but my heart belongs to the princess here!" Zelo announced. I knew he didn't mean it. The reason he does this is because I'm the only girl who doesn't care if he uses me as his excuse to not date anyone.

 

"What?!" The guys yelled at us.

 

"What?" DaeHyun came back and spit the water in his mouth onto my shirt. My shirt was now transparent which showed my bright yellow bra.

 

"I'm so sorry!" DaeHyun was about to put his sweater on me, but Zelo beat him to it.

 

"Thanks JunHong and oppa." I bowed and ran to any cabin and set my luggage on the last bed. The girls reserved the bed for me. I changed and went back out to see the girls checking out my 2 cousins and 3 close friends. DaeHyun kept staring at Zelo for some reason. My 7 cousins were checking out Zelo, but my boy crazy cousin was checking out my other cousin, YongGuk oppa. He doesn't like her a bit, but she clings onto him.

 

"Leave me alone!" YongGuk stormed off away from ChaeDa. She pouted and went back to the clique. I then saw Zelo walking off with DaeHyun and because I was curious, I ran after them. I hid behind a bush as they became acquainted. I went towards the window of their cabin and eavesdropped as the unpacked.

 

DaeHyun

 

I couldn't help it. I walked over to Zelo and pushed Zelo against the wall. I held the giant up a few inches off the ground.

 

"Hyung. What's wrong?" Zelo asked panicked.

 

"I want you to stay away from her." I said.

 

"From who? Oh wait. Why?" He thought as he tried to get himself down, but I held him up a little tighter. I heard a gasp, but I didn't care. I kept my grip.

 

"I don't want to have some useless competition. I don't need you to be in my way." I scolded.

 

"What the heck are you talking about? I don't like her. What I said earlier was just to keep girls away." Zelo corrected me. I felt like an idiot as I was releasing him, I felt a gust of wind. Someone had just opened the door.

 

"Yah!" I heard a sharp scream. I looked over to see a worried girl. She ran up to me and punched me in the stomach. She went to check up on Zelo, My blood boiled. Why did I do that? Now she's only looking at him.

 

"Are you okay?" She checked his face. Then she glared at me.

 

"I'm fine. I'll leave you two for a talk." Zelo said and was walking out.

 

"I'm sorry. For the misunderstanding and random rampage." I apologized and he just shook his head and smiled at me. This guy is so nice. What the hell is wrong with me?

 

"What was that for? And to think you were a good guy." She was storming around.

 

"I'm sorry. I am a good guy. I did that because of you." I pleaded with her.

 

"I'm an excuse now? I was just ignored by you after I confessed and now I'm the reason for you jumping my friend? Wow! How low can you get? I was feeling happy until now. Way to rain on my parade." She attempted to slap me, but I caught her hand just in time.

 

"I did it because I like you. I love you!" I yelled over her constant murmuring. She stopped when I confessed my feelings. She stared at me wide eyed. Then she went back to an attitude filled stare.

 

"So you held him up because you love me. I'm flattered." She said with sarcasm.

 

"I was jealous okay? I got a picture sent to me with you sleeping on his shoulder. Then I hear he has his heart stolen by you. Then I hear you two went to the last day of school dance together? What was I supposed to think? I had someone to beat to win you over completely?"

 

"How did you know about the dance? It doesn't even matter. When I told you I liked you I meant it. I'm not like a hor. If you didn't know that before, I think I made the wrong choice." She was about to leave. I ran in front of her and held her arms.

 

"I'm sorry. I was wrong. I'm mad at myself. Forgive me. I beg you." I hugged her. She couldn't resist it.

 

"I don't know anymore." She pushed me away, but I managed to embrace her again.

 

"Please." I slowly went in for a kiss. She responded by kissing back,

 

"Ahem!" Zelo came back. "I said a talk not a make out session." He chuckled.

 

"Sorry." I apologized.

 

"Forgive him. He did the same thing that I would've done myself if I was in his situation." He took my side and pushed me closer to her.

 

"FIne. I won't forget about it though." She glared at me jokingly.

 

"Okay babe." I smirked.

 

"What made me your girlfriend?" She looked over at me with a confused look and Zelo laughed as he went back out. To answer her question, I kissed her again. In the kiss, I could feel her lips curve up into a grin.