Truth or Dare (Reflection)

Truth or Dare (Reflection)

“Truth or dare, Soo,” Jessica asked, her eyes sparkling mischievously, a dare formulating in her mind.

 

Even if she’d been subtle about it all night, Sooyoung had been avoiding saying dare all night knowing Jessica was just itching for her to chicken out of the game. There were only so many times one could say truth before it became redundant. “Okay, fine dare,” Sooyoung conceded, unable to give her friend the satisfaction.

 

“Five downright cheesy pick up lines to a guy of my choice,” the blonde revealed already spotting the target of her intended dare. One that would definitely have her alcohol encouraged friend backing out real quick. She loved Sooyoung but, the girl didn’t have an adventurous or daring bone in her body. “Did I mention a grand is in it for you?”

 

“A thousand dollars?” Sooyoung repeated, skeptical.

 

“A thousand dollars, to drop five pick up lines on a guy of my choice,” Jessica confirmed. “Just think about the shoes before you say no.”

 

It was a cheap trick, but damn it she needed those shoes. They’d called her, begged her to buy them from the display window but, they’d cost too much for her to afford. “I hate you, but fine. Which guy do I have to ‘pick up’?” the alcohol in her blood doing wonders for her confidence.

 

“The one at the bar over there,” pointing out the rather gorgeous, brawny man in white vest at the bar. He had enough appeal and danger sounding him to have Sooyoung running for the hills.

 

Turning around, she spotted the guy in question. He wasn’t all that intimidating despite his tall towering stature. “Black t-shirt right?” she could definitely do this.

 

“Try white vest and trousers,” It was almost comical how the woman’s head whipped round to look at him, brown eyes widened. But hey, she was too easy to rile to pass up.

 

“Double points if you kiss him.”

 

! Biting her lip she weighed her options. It was easy money and she could get the shoes tomorrow if she went through with it. “I can do this,” she repeated over and over, taking a drink of her cocktail to give her a little more liquid courage. “Those shoes are so mine,” she smirked at her friend with confidence she just didn’t have, sashaying her way to the bar with focus on one task –getting her the grand so she could buy her shoes.

 

It had to be the liquid courage working for her, because no way in hell would she be able to move in between him and his friend flashing a smile. “Hey,” she greeted lamely, waiting for him to dismiss her, but he just watched her with a raised eyebrow, prompting her to get it over with, “remember me?”

 

“No,” Yunho answered, wondering if she was a race chaser he couldn’t remember sleeping with but she was too… over dressed and preppy to be one. Girls like her didn’t approach guys like him, finding him bad and undesirable so he was confused.

 

So he was biting, thank god! “Oh, that’s right; I’ve only met you in my dreams.” Yeah she went there.

 

Changmin was discreet in choking on his drink, at the boldness of the line. It was usual for girls to come up to Yunho with lines of the ual nature, but never the cheesy ones. Especially form girls like this one, a good girl probably riding the tipsy train.

 

“Really?” Yunho asked a little surprised. He’d heard lines before but damn that was cheesy. He honestly couldn’t believe she was still smiling so confidently after it, which was impressive.

 

Time for number two, she shrugged, “Yeah, you’re so damn hot that when I look at you I get a tan.” Okay maybe that was overstepping it, but it was the only one that crossed her mind at that moment that would flow into her first.

 

Changmin and Donghae didn’t even hide their laughter, because that was even cheesier than the first. , who told her they were good ones. Tan, Really?

 

Yunho chuckled, completely amused by the woman, “A tan?”

 

“Can’t you see it,” she biting her lip thinking of another one, landing on the one someone had used on Yoona a while before. “Did I mention I’m a raindrop and I’m falling for you?”

 

Donghae couldn’t help it, “I want to tell her stop, but I can’t stop watching her.”

 

Number four, it was getting harder to come up with lines. Especially when his friends were laughing there asses off and he was looking rather shocked. Who could blame him? The lines she was dropping were beyond cheesy, even she was cringing internally just saying them too him, “Baby, if you were words on a page, you'd be what they call fine print!”

 

Yunho laughed, girl had guts. “Is that so?” was the only thing he could get out through his laughter.

 

“Absolutely,” she nodded, sighing internally because it was the last one. “I know I have no chance with you, but could you touch me so I can tell my friends I’ve be touched by an angel?” Good Lord, did she just say that? Embarrassed couldn’t even begin to describe what she felt at the moment, but she needed to make it official, turning to the snickering pair behind her she smiled. “Could you guys do me a favor, please?”

 

Changmin nodded, wondering whether she was going with this, and if she’d hit on him too, “Sure.”

 

“See my friend over there with the blonde hair and a bang, could you give her a thumbs up for me,” her bow like lips pulled into a smile, hoping they humored her and did as she asked.

 

“After that, I’ll do anything you ask,” Donghae supplied, giving the blonde two thumbs up.

 

Before she could scram, the muscular stranger gently grabbed her elbow, “are you winning?” He’d figured from her odd request that it was a dare.

 

“Unless I lay one on you, she wins,” she confessed, worrying her bottom lips ready to run back to the table and down the rest of her drink, plus six more because mortification couldn’t touch how she felt at the moment, “But, thanks for playing along.” speed walking back to the table.

 

Changmin watched the girl practically race back to her group of friends and downing a Smirnoff Ice like it was water. “Not your usually type, but she’s cute.”

 

“Adorable,” Donghae conceded. It was hard for a grown woman to look adorable without being childlike or ditzy, but the raven haired woman managed to pull it off. Maybe it was the fact that she had those big brown eyes, button nose and full cheeks or the fact that a soft flush couldn’t help rising on her cheeks after her little dare.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

“I can’t believe you actually pulled it off,” Tiffany smiled, watching her friend trying to drink down her humiliation. “You really want those shoes, don’t you?”

 

Jessica was still laughing, “You’re well on your way to becoming a badass like the rest of us, Soo.”

 

“I’d tell you to go fly a kite, but you owe me money, Sica. Give it to me I want it,” holding out her hand for the bills because it was the only consolation of the night. Goodness, she was still cringing at the lameness.

 

Tiffany was about to say something, but cut herself off watching white vest making his way to their table, now with a black leather jacket over it. “Don’t look now, but your target is on his way over.”

 

“Wha –” Sooyoung asked, counting the bills to make sure it was all there. Now don’t get her wrong, Jessica was never a stiff when it came to money and paying up, but a girl had to be sure. What Fany said only donned on her, when a distinctive baritone sounded behind her.

 

“Good evening ladies,” Yunho greeted with a grin, “I just need her for a minute,” looking at the tense brunette who had yet to look up at him – a shadow of the bold, but cute woman who had tried picking him up on a dare.

 

Aish, why me? Shutting her eyes tightly, completely frozen, mentally berating herself for her luck. When her eyes fluttered opened, she found a hand open to her in offering, following it up to the handsome stranger who was patiently waiting for her. Gulping, she handed Fany the money and took his hand tentatively.

 

It was true that the brunette was indeed adorable as Donghae said, forcing a bright but shaky smile on her red face. Even more so when he pulled her close and she crashed into his chest in surprise, big brown eyes looking at him startled as fell open in askance. But, he swallowed any questions she had when he swooped in and captured in a kiss –slow, deep and breathtaking kiss that seemed to make her eyes flutter closed and knees weak and having him support her completely, only stopping when he was sure he left her breathless.

 

Sooyoung knew she looked stupid, staring up at him all dazed and confusion, with gaping like a dead fish looking flushed and thoroughly –and she meant thoroughly –kissed. But could you blame her when she her brain was still trying to understand what had just occurred as he smirked at her.

 

“I guess this means you win,” he whispered huskily in the woman’s ear, lips brushing the shell of her ear and breath hot on her ear, making her gasp.  He’d probably never see her again and would take the moment for what it was, but he had to admit she’d brightened a rather monotonous evening.

 

When he released her, she plopped back into her seat unceremoniously, fingers on her lips wondering if the tingling would ever fade.

 

“Ladies,” Yunho bid her equally shocked and flushed friends goodbye. Who knew good girls tasted so good?

 

“Oh, hot damn,” Yuri couldn’t help mutter, gulping down her beer hoping to cool herself down, and burn the slight jealousy because… woah. She could feel the kiss all the way to her seat and she wasn’t even the being kissed.

 

When her senses returned, she turned to the direction he disappeared to desperately looking for him. But, he was already gone and she wasn’t bold enough to follow. Biting her bottom lip in shy disbelief, unable to get over how good that kiss was. It wasn’t in her nature to step outside the box, but she was glad she stepped out because it was truly worth it.

 

A/N: I had written this for another fandom, and then thought it was more suited for this one. I’d gone back and forth wondering whether to make it Changsoo or Yunyoung, but settled on Yunyoung. Please comment and tell me what you thought.