Kindness?

My Soul Mate (A Little Mermaid Story)-Temporary Hiatus-

 

 CHAERIN P.O.V.

 

I poked at the plate in front of me, engrossed in my thoughts. That Chanyeol guy... What did he really want with me? Why does it feel like I already know him? Why do I see the same recognition I feel, reflected in his very own eyes? I bit my lip and thought back. The only people I have known long enough to remember them were my five older sisters, my father, Junghee, and Hyunshik. I had never known anyone else. They were the only ones in my life and I never let anyone but them into my life. They are all I have ever known.

 

“Who is he?” I muttered out loud, not realizing it. I felt Hyunshik and Junghee looking at me but I ignored them as I continued to think back as far as I could. Nothing came up with the name Park Chanyeol, nor did a face that resembled him. How is that I have this feeling of knowing him? I shook my head and plopped my salad into my mouth, trying to push away all thoughts and trying to focus on my meal in front of me.

 

“What happened to her that she is acting like this, oppa?” Junghee lowered her voice and looked to Hyunshik who just shook his head. I let out a sigh and stood up. They seemed startled at my sudden action and I just gave them a small smile.

 

“I think I am going to go sleep for a bit in the dorm. I’ll see you guys later.” Before they could protest I grabbed my things and left the cafe where we had come for lunch. I didn’t actually go back to the dorm. I walked around the streets as I let my thoughts wonder. There was definitely something about that jerk that I was familiar with. I just could not put my finger on exactly what it was. I groaned as I reached a small park, and trudged on the sidewalk, frustrated that I couldn’t figure this whole situation out. I sat down on the nearest bench and leaned my head back as I heaved out a sigh.

 

“Isn’t that a bit uncomfortable?” I jumped when I heard a voice by my head. As I opened my eyes I was met with the sight of the warm guy from the other night. What was his name? Keys? Crease?

 

“Uh, No?” I didn’t know what to say. He startled me. I was not ready to talk to anyone. I was still trying to sort out the thoughts going through my head. I sat up as he walked around the bench and sat beside me. I panicked slightly when I noticed that he was wearing a really expensive looking white suit. Was he really going to sit on the dirty park bench?

 

He let out a small sigh as he leaned back, a smile on his lips. “It’s nice out today, huh?” I nodded, not trusting my voice and looking ahead of me, trying not to focus on anything but what was in front of me. This guy was really attractive. His face had a God-like quality to it. His hair was swept to the side slightly and his lips were pretty plump and his smile made me look soft and innocent. However because of his thick eyebrows he looked like an angry bird from the game Angry Birds. “I wanted to apologize again for that idiot of a friend Chanyeol. He is just a bit touchy.” He chuckled and looked at me with an apologetic smile. I shook my head and smiled.

 

“It’s no big deal. His clothes looked really expensive.” I bit my lip and looked to my hands in my lap. I heard him chuckle and I felt my cheeks turn red. My family had never been rich. We were one of the middle class families in Seoul. We never really made much. If it weren’t for our uncle in Busan and the fish market we would not be where we are today. It was amazing how I had even gotten into Seoul University. If it hadn’t been for my music scholarship and my science teacher’s recommendation letter, I would never have gotten in. My grades were definitely not the best, but they were good enough to get me as far as I did.

 

“He is just a little brat.” I laughed as he spoke these words. I nodded as I felt tears begin to form in the corners of my eyes thanks to my laughter.

 

“Who is?” A deep voice spoke and my body froze. I knew that voice already too well. My eyes shot up to see Chanyeol with a smug smile on his gorgeous-I mean stupid- face. I shook those strange thoughts away as I gave him an unfriendly glare. He frowned at me and shot a glare to his friend. “Did you tell her I am a brat, Kris?” He gave him a knowing look as Kris just shrugged and stood.

 

He bowed to me and smiled. “I will see you around, right?” I nodded and waved to him as he nodded once and walked away.

 

“Bastard!” I heard Chanyeol mutter under his breath as he watched him walk away. I stood and walked in the opposite direction, trying to get away from the jerk giant. “Yah!” I heard heavy footsteps behind me and I sighed. Now what? I turned around and raised an eyebrow. He stopped in front of me and frowned. He seemed deep in thought as he tilted his head and twisted his lips.

 

"I know this sounds weird but have we ever met before that day? In the chicken place? Are you from Seoul?” He spoke quickly and I almost couldn’t follow what he was saying. I thought for a moment. We must have met before, if he is thinking the same way that I am.

 

“I-I don’t know. I am from Busan. But I moved to Seoul when I was little.” Just then my phone rang and I rummaged through my back to find it. I looked at the screen and sighed. Hyunshik is probably worried… I quickly answered it and turned away from Chanyeol. “Yes, oppa”

 

“Where did you go?” He seemed worried and upset. I held back a sigh and told him that I took a walk around the area and was resting in a park. “What park?”

 

“I don’t even know. But it’s fine. I can find my way back to the dorms. Don’t worry about me, okay oppa?” I heard silence and eventually he hummed and I hung up. I almost completely forgot about the person standing behind until I felt a hand on my wrist, tugging me to turn back around, this time more gentle. My eyes widened and I in my breath as I looked up at him.

 

“I can give you a ride to the dorms, if you want.” He gave me a small smile and tilted his head to one side. I gulped and looked away for a minute. “I won’t hurt you or anything. I’ll just give you a ride to the dorms and then I’ll leave. I don’t live on campus.” Eventually, I shook my head and released myself from his grip. His face fell, and I gave him a nod before turning in the direction that I had come into the park from. I didn’t look back and kept on walking. As I did so, I thought over the past events. Why was he trying to be so kind to me? And Kris… Why is he so kind to me? Out of the two of them, he looks like he would be the mean one of the two. The Chanyeol guy is the one that looks innocent, but that’s probably because of his baby face. But Kris is the kind one…

 

“Why are they so strange?” I shook my head and pushed all thoughts of those guys out of my mind. My life has become strange, appa…

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this update is really prolonged. I won't be able to update a lot for the next few weeks... It might lead into months, but I'll try to update as soon as I can. This next week I have to move from my apartment to a new one and then I have an art event where I am selling my sketches, but I'll try to write while I am there. Also, band starts up on the first of August.... I will e super busy. But I hope you enjoyed this update! I hope you will stick around!~~~

 

Welcome, new subbies and current subbies. Please do comment and leave me feedback~~~~ Upvotes are loved~~~ 

 

Until, next time!~~~