Immortal Song

Immortal Song

Ji Eun was playing guitar as she was gazing out the amazing view, She had a million thoughts running through her mind, but all he could think of, was him…

She heard the sound of girls screaming as soon as she saw SHINee’s van pull over at front of the school, she stood up from her seat and silently walked over to stare out. She smiled as soon as the love of her life came out, Jonghyun. Ji Eun grasped onto her guitar and her heart began to beat repetitively,

“He came…” She whispered. Ji Eun looked back at her bag, in the bag was a bottle of paper stars she made, total, was 1314 stars. She worked on it for three myears before it was the last day, which was today, the day she will move to America.

Ji Eun walked to her seat and grabbed the bag, “Today’s the day Ji Eun…. It’s time to confess….” She whispered.

-----------------------------------------

She peeped her head through the door, Ji Eun was looking at SHINee, the major kingkas at the whole school. Ji Eun’s eyes wouldn’t stop gazing onto Jonghyun’s though, no matter how many times she thought about it, she just saw herself as the rest of the fangirls. Nothing more, nothing less…

She swallowed her saliva and hugged the bag tightly onto her chest. “I can…. Do this….” She took deep breaths. Ji Eun entered the classroom. Of course no one looked, she was just like every other millions of a fan. Ji Eun stared at Jonghyun, but of course, he didn’t look at her. He was too busy drooling over her best friend, Shin Sekyung, his real love….

Ji Eun sat to her assigned seat which was of course next to her best friend. Sekyung immediately turned to her,

“Ji Eun…..” Sekyung frowned. Ji Eun smiled back to her friend, “Neh?”She asked,

“Don’t pretend like everthing’s okay, you’re moving…..” Sekyung pouted.

“I feel like it’s better so I will avoid crying….”Ji Eun whispered and looked down.

“Ji Eun… It’s okay, I’m here for you buddy….” Sekyung hugged her.

Ji Eun sighed and hugged back, “I know, I’ll really miss you…” Ji Eun whispered.

Sekyung sat back down and class was getting ready to start.

----------------------------------------------

*Ring Ring*

The bell rung and of course Taemin and Onew were the ones to first dash out of the class before the chicken and ice cream was sold out. “Ji Eun, I have to go to student council meeting.” Sekyung said walking up to Ji Eun,

“Aniyo….. Just go, I’m okay.” Ji Eun smiled.

“Araso… Don’t miss me too much.” Sekyung winked and gave a quick hug.

Ji Eun grabbed her guitar and was prepared to walk out, till someone blocked her with a leg.
She looked up with her huge puppy dog eyes, and found Jonghyun…. Her love of her life.

“Ji Eun.” He said her name, Her heart was racing fast, but she didn’t show it, since she never blushed before. “So, you close with Sekyung?” Jonghyun asked. Ji Eun looked up, and simply nodded.
Jonghyun looked irritated, the fact she was averting her eyes away.

“Yah!” He barked and pulled her arm. Ji Eun looked up and met eyes with him, “come with me.” He said in a frank tone and lead her out to the classroom with fan girls staring at them. She knew she was being glared down, but anything would be okay, just as long as she had him like this with her.

Jonghyun lead her to the back of the school and pinned her to the wall, “Are you gonna beat me up?” Ji Eun asked fixing her glasses.  “Who knows, If you’ll help me with one thing, I won’t” Jonghyun smiled, Ji Eun didn’t care what it was, anything for Jonghyun, absolutely anything, “Araso…. What?”

“Hook me up with Sekyung.”

Her heart dropped but refused to show any tears or pain. But stupidly, she nodded and agreed. She was too in love with him to say no, especially when the guy never talked to her. “Smart girl, so….. I hear Sekyung likes musicians….” Jonghyun grinned, Ji Eun nodded,

“So… Will you mind teaching me these chords?” Jonghyun asked. Ji Eun took the piece of paper and analyzed it silently. Jonghyun stared at her as if she were a robot. “Sure….” She said softly. “Uh, now?” She asked.

“If it’s okay….”

“Aniyo, it’s fine….” Ji Eun said. She shook her guitar, “I was going to practice anyway….”

“Perfect, let’s practice over there.” Jonghyun pointed at the bench under the tree. They both walked over there and Ji Eun quietly took out her guitar. “ So…. How long you’ve been playing?” Jonghyun asked, Ji Eun looked up, “For four years…..”

“I see…. You play often?”

“All the time.” She said tuning her guitar.

“Why do you play?”

‘So one day I would play for you, but I’m such a coward I never did…’ She thought,
“Just cause…. I love it…..” Ji Eun said moto toned.

Jonghyun just nodded ,  not interested in the answer. She passed the guitar to jonghyun and took out the chord sheet he wrote. “So this the song?” She asked, “Yup.” ‘ This is my favorite song, if only he’d sing for me….’ She thought.

“So first finger goes onto this string…” She pointed.

“Uhh…. Which one?” He asked.

She shyly touched his hand, making him flinch and stare at her. But she pretended not to notice and placed his finger on the string, “This one.” She said.

“Oh…. Y-Yeah…..” He said stuttering, feeling the finger she touched.

“So... this finger goes here, and the third goes on the that string on the third fret. Ji Eun pointed at each chord. Jonghyun pressed and strummed,

“Wah! You learned fast! Good job!” She applauded and smiled. Jonghyun gazed at her silently, looking at her smile and crystal eyes. “Uh…. Jonghyun shi?” She asked.

“Oh, sorry… It’s just, I never seen you smile before….. It really suits you.”

Ji Eun blushed and swallowed her saliva. “Uh…. Thanks…. I usually never smile in front of anyone except Sekyung….” Ji Eun grinned.

“That’s good, just show that smile to no guy but me” Jonghyun blurted out,

“Bwoh?” She questioned.

“I MEAN!Uh! It’s just that! Uh…..” He rubbed his neck and started scratching his goose bumps.

Ji Eun smiled an started laughing, “Pft…hehehe…..” Ji Eun chuckled, which made Jonghyun blush furiously. “Kamsamida….. “ She bowed.

Jonghyun and Ji Eun silently stared at each other, but Ji Eun broke the silence, “Uhh… Now for the rest of the song….” Ji Eun interrupted.

“R-right….”Jonghyun nodded like a geek and placed his fingers onto the guitar.

------------------------------

The bell suddenly rung, Ji Eun stood up quickly, However, Jonghyun quickly pulled her back.
“Uh….Jonghyun, the bell….” Ji Eun whispered. “ Let’s just stay like this, I mean it’s the last day of school and it’s summer, so let’s enjoy today.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Oh…. I guess it’d be okay….” Ji Eun grinned,

“Whoah.”

“What?”

“I thought you’d lecture me or something.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well in class you’re so quiet and seem so up tight, I get scared to talk to you.”

“I’m not that scary….” Ji Eun pouted,

Jonghyun laughed and rubbed her hair, “You know, it’s actually nice to talk to someone who isn’t a major fangirl.”

“What about Sekyung you have her.” Ji Eun pointed out,

“Yeah but…. She treats me like that because I annoy her. Not once have I had, someone who will treat me regularly and respectfully, you’re the first.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Really?” Ji Eun’s face beamed.

Jonghyun nodded,

She clenched onto her guitar and faced Jonghyun with full eye contact, “Jonghyun shi….. Do you mind…. If I play a song for you?”

“Serenade?”

“Don’t think of it as that…. Just to build your self confidence and how you should look when you serenade to Sekyung.”

Jonghyun crossed his legs and smirked, “Araso, go for it.”

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v29ky1S6MNU&feature=related
CLICK!

What happened today? It seems like you were crying
Did she hurt your heart? You are the most precious person to me in the world
The vending machine coffee I hold out to you is filled with the feelings I've been hiding
"Thanks... Dongsaeng is such a good person" at those words I only smile

Do you remember? Me, who was hanging out in front of my friend's school
When we pretended like we were a couple, you laughed and I stayed up all night

When you laugh I feel good too, even when you say it's just pretend
You bring happiness to the days when I wait for you, the nights when I miss you
Even when I'm alone it's okay if I can just see you
I'm always behind you, I'm always looking out for you, but it seems like I have to share

My friends are tiresomely telling me, me who's always singing songs like this
But I know these are just my feelings, I can tell you're in a different place...

Ji Eun strummed the last chord and Jonghyun stared at her in awe. He did not know she was that good and talented, her voice was amazing….. His heart felt funny, it was a feeling he never felt with anyone before, not even Sekyung…

“You’re…… Really good.”

“Thank you…..” Ji Eun bowed.

“Ji Eun…….” Jonghyun whispered. Ji Eun looked up and Jonghyun’s heart began to race, he slowly took off her glasses to see her true beauty. Underneath the glasses was an angel. He could not believe how beautiful she was.

“Jonghyun shi?” Ji Eun asked.

Jonghyun suddenly began to lean in, closer and closer to her face. Sooner or later they were inches away and Jonghyun began to close his eyes, Ji Eun did the same. But sooner or later,
the bell rung, calling Jonghyun’s name to the student council office since he was the president.

“Uh…..” Ji Eun pulled away and put on her glasses,

“Oh, right…. I should….”

“Yeah…..” Ji Eun said putting away her guitar.

“Wait Ji Eun…..” Jonghyun held her hand. “Yes?” She asked and turned to him.
Jonghyun took a deep breath and grasped onto her, “Well….. You it’s just….. If you weren’t busy…… After school----“

“JONGHYUN! GET YO LAZY OVER HERE!” Key’s voice was yelling in the speaker,

“You should go!” Ji Eun said nervously and fled,

“Uh wait! Ji Eun----“

But she was long gone before he could finish.

------------------------------

Ji Eun was at her desk with her head down, staring at the bottle of paper stars she made. She really wanted to give it to Jonghyun, but she was too scared. She was afraid, afraid he still loved Sekyung….

She then thought of what he did, I mean, he did try to kiss her, sooo….He could like her back!
Ji Eun smiled softly.

“Look at her….” A girl whispered,
“I saw her about to kiss Jonghyun at the bak of school..”

“Really?! I thought he likes Sekyung.”

“I don’t know why either, I mean Sekyung is so much more talented and prettier,
also she’s best friends with Ji Eun, kind of back stabbing she’d go for Jonghyun.”

“How pathetic, and she’s moving too!”

“I know! Why should she date him!? Especially when she’s moving, she’ll cause more heart break for Jonghyun and Sekyung!”

“She should just leave and leave Sekyung and Jonghyun alone to be happy.”

Ji Eun hugged her bottle of stars and began to cry. They were right….. He belonged to Sekyung and only Sekyung…. She was out of his league and she was moving, what was the chances of him waiting for her?

Ji Eun knew there was only one thing to do now…

--------------------------

“Jonghyun Shi” Ji Eun approached his desk.

“J-Jie Eun! He stood up,

“Hey…. So, you know how you like Sekyung?”

“Oh, Yeah……”

“Well she made this for you.” Ji Eun smiled holding out the bottle of paper stars.
“Sh-She made this!? No way!” Jonghyun smiled, Ji Eun painfully smiled and nodded.
“Yes….. She said she waited for you too and wanted to give you this.”

“No way! How awesome!” Jonghyun yelled in excitement.

“Yes….. You should go to her and confess…”

“O-Okay!” Jonghyun smiled and stood up,

“Ji Eun……” Jonghyun whispered,
“Neh?” Ji Eun asked,

“Thanks….. I……. really appreciate what you’ve done….” Jonghyun grinned.

“Stop thanking me! Go!”Ji Eun forcely smiled and held in the tears,

“Okay! See you!” Jonghyun smiled and ran.

Ji Eun saw him out and she was alone in the classroom. It was over, her last chance to confess, and she bailed on it…

Her last day of school and she didn’t say a word….

But she was happy she sung the song…..

All of it was meant towards him…. All she wanted now…..

 Was Jonghyun to be happy….

If only Jonghyun knew how much he meant to her,

If only, he got time to know her more than just one day,

If only, fate wasn’t so cruel towards her,

If only, she had that kiss…

She would have no regrets…

Ji Eun grabbed her bag and walked out of class, with tears leaking down her cheeks.
Her whole body felt numb, she couldn’t believe it was her last day….

Ji Eun slowly walked and crept through the halls and heard two familiar voices in a corner.

“Sekyung shi…”

“Oh, hello Jonghyun.” Sekyung smiled,

Jonghyun was stuttering, it broke Ji Eun’s heart seeing that.

“So… I was wondering….”
This couldn’t be happening…. Ji Eun was supposed to be the one asked out, he’ supposed to stutter for her… Be weak for Ji Eun…. But it was too late… He was going to confess his love to someone else, all because she didn’t have the guts to…

“Would you be my girlfriend?” Jonghyun asked and held Sekyung’s hand.

Sekyung’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped, it’s not that she ddn’t have feelings for Jonghyun, it’s just that she knew her best friend loved him more than anyone in this world, and that wa Ji Eun.

“Uh…. Jonghyun….I….”

“Please don’t tell me it’s a no….” That  made Ji Eun cry even more, for Jonghyun to beg her to love her back..

“No… It’s just…I….”

Jonghyun then pulled her into a huge hug and Ji Eun slowy let go on her bag, not enough to make a loud noise though.

“Please Sekyung! I promise I will love you and only you! I will treasure you forever and ever till the day I die! I’ve always felt like this to you and only you for three years, ever since freshmen year! Everything about you I’ll love, and will continue till then on.”

Sekyung had a face of guilt and placed her chin on Jonghyun’s shoulder, as she slowly looked up, she saw Ji Eun seeing all of this. Sekyung wanted to say soething but Ji Eun shook her head to stop.

Ji Eun’s tears fell from one to one and she rubbed her red puffy cheeks. She let out a weak and painful smile and mouthed the words she’ll regret for the rest of her life.

‘Love him… Take care of him….’

Sekyung wanted to just cry, knowing that Jonghyun meant the world to Ji Eun, but Ji Eun didn’t wanna break his heart, knowing she was gonna move. But Sekyung pulled away from Jonghyun’s hug and painfully smiled at him,

“Sure…..” She replied, aking Jonghyun grin widely and pull her into a bear hug,
“You won’t regret it Sekyung! I will now love you more, than anyone else!” Jonghyun announced making Ji Eun’s legs feel weaker.

It could’ve been her with Jonghyun…. I could’ve…. It should’ve….

But it was all too late….. Everything was…. He loves her best friend, not her.
Everything was meant to be this way she thought to herself.

Ji Eun grabbed her bag and slowly turned around leaving utter regreat and sorrow,
the next day, she’ll be going to America, never to see her love again, or her best friend…

Ji Eun just ket walking, saying her last goodbye, her real, goodbye.

“Jonghyun, I’ve loved you ever since the day I first laid eyes on you, You were blonde back then, you always wore red Dr Drake headphones, you’d wear your uniform the wrong way, and you had new high tops each day as I remembered. You were in the library looking for a book, while I was searching for a book too. You went on one side of the book shelf, and I went on the other. You and I needed the same book, The scarlett letter for Miss. Tom’s AP english. The book was laid out in front of our eyes and we were prepared to take it. But as soon as we clutched onto the book at the same time, You and I both wouldn’t let go. You told me to let go, I told you to…. Sooner or later, you pulled it away from me. I pouted and looked up, meeting eyes with you, across the bookshelf. Your cute and soft golden brown eyes, your mysterious smirk that always made me think of what it’d feel like to kiss you, and your proportioned face that fit perfectly. You were your own self…. You winked and stuck out your tongue at me, saluting and saying, “Sorry, gotta go babe!” You saluted and made your way out of the library. I remembered, everything so clear. What did you think? Did you think I was just any other girl that drooled over you? Or did you possibly think and felt the same way about me? Did you know I wrote that song? The one I played for you? I wanted to play it for you for a long time… I’m happy I did…Did you know the bottle of paper stars was from me? Not from her, Total of star I made was 1314 pieces, that total means Eternity love from me…it took me three yars to make.... sorry it took so long.....Well….. It doesn’t matter now….. Because all you should know, is that…. I…. Lee Ji Eun, will always and only love you, my purpose was to love you, God made me to make me to love and cherish you, So that I could be that one angel in your life that will always watch over you as you grow up more and more... Even though we’ll be miles away… I’ll only love you and can only, no one can ever take that away from me and I thank God for allowing me to, and that is to love you Kim Jonghyun….. Please…. Take care of Sekyung, she’s my best friend and now your girlfriend… She’s a lot prettier, a better cook, and everyone loves her. She’s nothing compared to me…..  And that’s why I want you to be with her….. That’s why I don’t want you to be with me….. But no matter who you’re with, what you go through, what you do, what happens, I can and will…… Always love you Kim Jonghyun, forever and ever, as each day goes by and even if I were to be dead……. Good bye Kim Jonghyun….. Maybe if there was another lifetime and I were to see you there….. You would love me too…..”

Ji Eun whispered her last speech as she finally left the school.