Fly Korean Dancing

The Breathing Mirror

    Minni dragged her feet to the dance studio in which she'd danced inside for years. She laughed at herself, and the fact that she'd packed dance clothes on the hunch that she'd need to move after having the shocking conversation with her father. She changed quickly and entered the empty studio room.
    As the song she choose begun to play, she moved automatically, driven by her emotions; confusion and pain. Her strength wasn't there though when she tried to leap or jump. Minni tried three or four times before she just laid down on the wood floor to think for a moment.
    "I thought you graduated. Your back?" A taunting voice interrupted her thinking. She shot up and saw two people standing in the door way, Tobi and her teacher, Ms. Kim, "Well...?" Minni chuckled at the question, scratching the back of her head nervous.
    "She can practice here whenever she wants. You probably could use it too." Ms. Kim smacked the boy's stomach which he wasn't expecting, "Use her talent while she's here."
    "Yes Ms. Kim." Tobi bent over a little at the teacher's hard hit.
    "Ms. Kim, you say that like you know I'm going somewhere. What if I stay here and help teach?" Minni offered.
    "Who said we wanted to see you?" Tobi teased, this caused him to receive another hit in the stomach.
    "Because I know you. And I know that you want to break from your father's 'agenda....That and he texted me earlier on what happened this morning." She gave a sympathetic look to Minni, who just nodded.
    "Um.." Tobi sat there awkwardly.
    "Come on, Toad practice with me." Minni smiled and stood up on her feet.
    "Don't call me that!" Tobi whined and followed her so they could pick a song. Ms. Kim just smiled and left the two to practice.
    Minni was able to bring herself together to dance with Tobi. They worked on a hip hop piece they had been doing and a contemporary.
    "So are you going to Korea?" Tobi asked as they took a small break.
    "How did you know it was Korea?" She glared at him.
    "Um well..." the younger boy stuttered.
    "You read Ms. Kim's text!" She looked stunned at him.
    "I'm sorry!" He yelped as Minni went to poke him.
    "Its ok, and I don't know. I really want to." She fiddled with the ends of her hair.
    "Well just remember your Oppa is here for you if you do go!" Tobi said with a goofy grin as the two stood up.
    "You're my dongsaeng not oppa, stupid. But nice try." Minni smiled, "Plus aren't you  Japanese? You should learn that first."
    "I'm tall enough to be your elder!" Tobi said as he flipped through her iPod.
    "Let's practice you goof." She laughed light halfheartedly.
    An hour later the two left and Minni felt better than when she got there. She'd made a decision. Now it was to to organize an appropriate plan. She smiled as she walked back inside Sarah's house, but suddenly her face became terrified as she watched her friend sprinting from the kitchen.
    "What happened!?" Sarah's eyes were large and curious, a twizzler hanging from .
    "Eat that first." Minni flicked the red candy in her friends mouth. Quickly Sarah shoved the candy in and then asked again.
    "What happened?!"
    "Let's go upstairs." Minni said as she bounded up the stairs before Sarah could say differently. The two settled in and quickly Minni explained every detail she could. However, she waited to tell her what plan she was considering.
    "Wow... your family's so interesting!" Sarah squealed and Minni laughed and rolled her eyes.
    "Yeah if you think lying is interesting." Minni gave a huff and layed down.
    "Hey take a shower! We are going to go get massages, mani pedis, and our hair done." Sarah said as she began poking her younger friend.
    "Wayeo!?" Minni groaned at the thought of moving her tired muscles.
    "Because Unnie said so!" Sarah giggled.
    "What are you planning!" Minni hollered after her, recieving no reply.
    Like usual, Minni lost any rebellion towards Sarah's plan. As hours passed Minni was grateful for the personal care. Minni's suspicion grew when the hair stylist made her and Sarah's hair a little fancier than dinner between the two of them would have called for, which was what Sarah had tried to convince her was required.
    "Let's go back home!" Sarah sang as the two got back in Sarah's car.
    "Will you tell me what's going on!?" Minni begged.   
    "You'll see!" Sarah's smile was huge.


    Finally back home, Sarah made Minni put on a dress and a pair of heels that she apparently had bought that morning while Minni was gone.
    "Where are we going?" Minni said walking out of the bathroom dressed in a close fitting black lace dress and bright red pumps.
    "To your birthday party!" Sarah was jumping up and down all dressed up herself.
    "My birthday isn't until more than a month away." Minni huffed.
    "Well with recent events I was assuming we may not here in the United States on your birthday and your dancing buddies should get to celebrate." Sarah explained quickly.
    "Awh best friend!" Minni latched onto Sarah.
    "Aren't you proud I can read your mind?" She laughed.
    The two set off, finding a large group of Minni's friends standing outside a small club that Sarah had reserved just for them,dj and food prepared.
    "I'm not going to be able to showcase my skills in heels." Minni teased Sarah.
    "Oh I know you can work it without trying." Sarah rolled her eyes at her friend.
    Minni was really grateful for Sarah setting up the party because she knew she probably wouldn't see these people for awhile once she headed for South Korea. Before the night ended she decided to let all her friends know why she was leaving, and the looks on their faces almost made her laugh.
    "So basically I'm going to try to fix that part of my life. I love you all and hope you keep in contact with me! Thank you for being my friends!" Minni ended and stepped off the stage.
    "Yah! You can't leave me!" Tobi whined and hugged onto Minni.
    "Awh donsaeng-ahh its ok." Minni chuckled.
    "There will be no one to compete with." He said finally letting go of her.
    "Psh then you'd better become better than me when I get back." She smiled brightly and the party continued for a few hours before they all went home.
    "So when do we leave?" Sarah asked as the two walked into Sarah's house.
    "I love how you invited yourself on my trip." Minni chuckled.
    "Psh you thought you could leave me behind?" Sarah scoffed.
    "I know I know." She laughed then became somber again, "Saturday. We'll leave Saturday."

    The two girls began to prepare for their life changing trip. Thankfully they already had their passports from a spring break trip in the past. Now, all they needed to do was prepare their plan carefully; notify their parents, and pack.
    Packing seemed like more of a battle than getting Minni's Dad in on the plan. He easily agreed that she should go but wasn't thrilled with the idea of he leaving at the end of that week. Minni felt like she needed to, so that she wouldn't get cold feet.
    "Just keep in contact with me
very often and ill have an easier time with all this." Her dad said as he handed her another laundry basket.
    "Of course." She smiled, Minni had definitely calmed down since their last conversation.
    A violent knock came to the door, interuppting their conversation, and not quit to listen to an 'I'm coming' or 'Hold on!'
    "Sarah's here." Minni's dad chuckled, going to get the door.
    "Oh yeah! Hair!" Minni quickly began putting her shoes on as Minni's dad opened the door.
    "Come on! come on!" Sarah said jumping up and down, impatiently.
    "What are you doing with your hair?" Minni's dad asked as the two were about to leave.
    "It'll be a shocker dad." Minni gave a small smile and ran out the door before he could disagree.
    "Ok, so this is his most recent hair color. He's changed it a lot recently but I think in the end this will be the best." Sarah handed Minni a picture of her twin as they drove away from Minni's house.     "That's really red....." Minni's eyes bulged as she from looking at the red hair back to her own blackish - brown hair.
    "It'll be fine. My salon has the best colorist in the state. She'll get this right and you'll look fabulous!" Sarah was giddy with pride in the research she'd put into this endeavor.
    "I'm putting my trust in you. Did you figure out the equipment we're going to need to record the videos?" Minni asked as she was shuffling through her purse.
    "Yes and you better not be looking for money. I already convinced my parents to cover it.” Sarah slapped her friends hand.
    "But!" Minni protested, "You've done so muc,h Sarah. I feel like I'm taking a lot."
    "We'll this part my parents see as a furthering of my photography skills, so relax. Besides, you're my best friend not a moocher." Sarah smiled as she switched the car speakers to play her iPod which immediately began playing SHINee.
    Minni just smiled, losing herself in thought as they headed to the hair salon. The two were thrilled at the mere thought of meeting the five boys whose voices filled the car with the excitement they were feeling.
    "Who do you think is the cutest?" Sarah suddenly asked.
    "Besides Taemin? Um...Onew?" Minni shrugged. "They all look cute to me."
    "Ah Onew Tofu!" Sarah giggled.
    "Tofu?" Minni looked confused.
    "His nickname." Sarah beamed with pride, showing of her recent knowledge due to research on the band.

    Minni just smiled and took a deep breathe as they parked in front of the salon. "Here we go." She bit her lip nervous.
    A few hours later the two walked out giddy as ever.
    "It looks so nice!" Sarah played with it endlessly.
    "Really?" Minni asked for the millionth time, truly worried.
    "Of course! Your dads gonna flip, but of course!"
    "Ah dad." Minni hit her forehead remembering, "Oh well,we leave in the morning."
    "Wait. Minni, did you hear what you just said?" Sarah had a ear to ear smile on her face.
    "WE GO TO KOREA TOMORROW!" The two screamed in the car.

    As exciting as it was that night, the following afternoon was nerve racking as the two girls were hugging their parents good bye.
    "Appa." Minni held tight to her father not making it any easier on him, "You know you can always come with, right?"
    "I don't know about that." He laughed light heartedly avoiding bringing up his painful past.
    "I love you Dad, you know I need to do this right?" She asked still holding on to him instead of looking at him eye to eye.
    "Of course, remember stay in contact and Ms.Sarah?" Minni let go as her father looked to Sarah who had just let g,o of her mother and father, "Take care of my Minni."
    "Of course!" Sarah chirped.
    "And....tell Taemin and Taesun I miss them and love them." He said in a hushed tone to Minni, who nodded and hugged him one more time.
    "Bye!" They waved from the other side of security.
    The two girls quickly ran to their gate and didn't have to wait long for their flight to board.
    "Ok...you're going to kill me, but...here." Sarah said handing Minni her ticket. Minni examined the ticket for the first time/ Sarah had been handling most of the process.
    "First class???!" Minni's eyes were huge.
    "My parents, I swear!" Sarah held up her hands.
    "Fine." Minni sighed and boarded with her friend. The two lounged easily and set off on the long flight.

The two settled themselves into their seats. Once comfortable, Minni found herself in a state of restlessness. Sarah on the other hand easily went off into dreamland.
    "Should I do some filming now?" Minni thought, and immediately agreed with since she had easily become bored.
Staring into the camera she really didn't know where to start. She started filming with the small camera Sarah sleeping.
    "Kekeke so cute." Minni whispered then sat back down and faced the camera to herself. "Annghaseyo I'm Minni and the adventure has begun!" She gave a thumbs up then immediately thought 'That was too cheesy'. Several hours passed with her doing the introduction, talking to herself in Korean and English, and filming the people who gave her weird stares.
    Sarah woke up to see the younger girl staring at the camera confused as to why it wasn't on. "You killed the battery, pabo." She groaned.
    "Really? I'm sorry!" She quickly handed it to Sarah.
    "Its ok. We have an extra battery plus the other camera. " Sarah stretched in her seat, muscles tight after the long flight.
    "So we have a officetell in Seoul?" Minnie asked since just like almost every other aspect of the trip that was expensive, Sarah's parents had helped them find a place.
    "Yeah and hopefully it'll be the same dorm building as SHINee and our searching will be easy." Sarah smiled and closed her eyes.
    Minni bit her lip, she was getting nervous with each passing hour.
    "Ladies and gentleman we will be landing in Seoul in a few moments." Was all the two needed to hear to buckle up and position their seats up.
    "Ok, so if this doesn't work we'll just film it again later." Sarah informed Minni as the two pushed their luggage carts to an open area.
    The two planned to begin their adventure by filming Minni dancing to SHINee's Replay. This would be the first post for the kpop stars and fans, in an attempt to get Taemin's attention.
    "We gotta do this quick." Sarah got the camera ready and the speakers that would play the song off Minni's iPod.
    "Hope I don't screw this up! Lets go!" Minni quickly jumped around to get loose and then started dancing as the song began.
    Curious stares and small glares were shot the girls way  from passerby's in the airport. The two didn't have time to confront anyone. Security didn't look at all thrilled, and as the dance finished, the two bolted out of the airport. The two were breathless in the taxi, giggling like mad women.
    "This is going to be fun." Minni sighed, smiling.

 

~~~~~

Thank you for all the views! Comments would make me even more excited :D:D:D:D

Come on you know you wanna comment! Do it.. Just do it!

What if I bribed you? *plots*

Please keep reading more to come!