Succession!

Persistence Is Key

It was a normal day of school for Tae Ri. She went to classes, listened to the lectures, and heard the abundant noise of students talking. Of course, her day couldn't be normal if the bumps in the road weren't included. A boy in her class named Jae Hwan, more specifically her seatmate, would constantly be asking her out on an hourly basis. Yeah, it's that bad.

Tae Ri POV:

I was trying to pay attention to my English teacher, but the persistent pest named Jae Hwan won't stop talking.

"So I was thinking," he started but I cut him off.

"You're brain is actually large enough for that?" I questioned rudely. I may be quiet, soft-spoken, and shy, but seriously. If I get annoyed well enough, that all ill disappear. And guess what; it's gone.

"Fiesty~" he sang with a grin. "Am I bringing out a different side to you?"

"You're doin' sonething like that," I replied.

"But as I was sayin-" Does he ever stop?! "-we should go to the movies, maybe a walk in the park or something. We could get to know each other better~"

"I'm okay with how things are now," I retorted.

"Whatever you say~"


This routine would constantly, and I mean constantly, be repeated until one lucky day for him.

All over the school I found little poster saying things like "Tae Ri~ go with me to the movies" or "You + Me + Café = Fantastic Day ;D". It was crazy! I can't even tell you how many glares I got from girls that had a crush on him. And trust me, there's a lot. I was walking down the hall to my locker, still receiving those glares. Once I reached my locker, I opened it to see a note stringed to the hook in my locker. I grabbed it and looked at it before opening it. On the inside it was giving me instructions to go to the football field. Why would I need to go there? I shrugged and began my way to the specified location. As I walked, even more of the female population in my school glared at me. Was that jealousy I saw in there eyes? Now I'm kinda worried. From a distance, I could see a large mass of color on the football field. Jeez... The heck did this guy do?!

"Surprise!" Jae Hwan exclaimed when I arrived. Behind him was the cheerleading squad hol.ding up boards that said "Will you go out with me?". He pulled out all the stops didn't he? "What do you say?" he asked with a grin and a hopeful glint in his eyes. Can I really say "no"? I mean, really? He got the cheerleaders how the signs asking me out , for Pete's sake!

Looking from Jae Hwan to the bord holding cheerleaders, I sighed in defeat. He really broke me, didn't he? "Fine..." No words could describe the face he made as he bounded his way over to me and hugged me tightly. A little early in the relationship right now, but I'll let him have his moment.

He pulled back, hands still on my shoulders, "Where do you wanna go? Movie, restaurant, park? I'm cool with anything!"

I couldn't help but smile at how excited he was. "I'm okay with just going to a café and walking around the park, Jae Hwan."

"Great!" his practically beamed at me. "Tomorrow?"

"Sure!"


We had decided to meet up at the local café. I decided to wear something simple. I wore a long sweater that says "We love Kate" along with some skinny jeans and brown heeled boots reaching to just beneath my knees. When I arrived to the designated location, I saw Jae Hwan already standing there, in a striped shirt, black tranchcoat, and skinny jeans. As he was scoping out the area for me, he saw me coming and smiled while waving at me. I waved back with a smile. Once I reached him, he and grabbed my hand and with a smile said, "Kaja~"

We were seated in a corner, Jae Hwan ordered an Americano while I had a caramel latte. Jae Hwan took a sip of his beverage. When he sat it donw, he had a mustache of coffee above his lip. I giggled a little which grabbed his attention. "Bwoh?" I pointed to my upper lip to show where he had coffee on his face, but he didn't understand very well. "What are you trying to say?"

I giggled more before reaching forward and wiping it off his face, "You had some coffee on your face~"

He had a bit of a blush on his face as he looked down and muttered, "Gomawo."

I smiled and asked him, "Do you have any siblings?"

He looked up, smiled, and nodded, "Deh, two older brothers. What about you?"

"Older brother and younger sister." I raised my hand and pointed at him warningly, "So you better watch your back aroung my oppa!"

Jae Hwan raised his hands in surrender and nodded with a laugh, "I'll keep that in mind!"

"Good!"

He took another sip of his Americano, "Hobbies?"

"I like to sing and write," I replied.

"Jinjja? I like singing, too~" he replied with a smile. "I also draw and dance."

"Then you should draw me one day," I said with a smile.

"I shall, my queen~" We discussed some more things until Jae Hwan decided we would go out and walk around. He mentioned we would come back for a surprise he had set up for me. As we were walking outside, we saw a flock of birds sitting in the middle of the park. Jae Hwan grinned as he ran towards them, "BIRDS!" he exclaimed as he ran through them with his arms spread out wide. All the birds flew away as he continued his tyrade. I laughed as he continued. Once it was out of his system, he walked back over to me, a little out of breath. "That was fantastic!" he said happily smiling.

"You looked like you were having a blast out there," I commented, smiling at the dork I was on a date with. "You act a lot different outside of school, Jae Hwan."

He cracked a smile, "Doesn't everybody?" The day was drawing into a close as night began to fall. "C'mon, I still have that surprise I have for you!"

Once we were back at the café, he sat me down in a chair in front of the stage they have for live acts, "Stay here, okay?" I nodded to him as he smiled and walked on the stage. He started whispering with the man at the paino. After they were done talking, Jae Hwan walked to the microphone and cleared his throat, catching the attention of the people in the café. "Hey there, everybody," he greeted, getting some form of greeting back. "I'm gonna be singing something for a special someonethat's in the crowd," he said as he smiled at me. I smiled, "He's gonna si

ng sonething just for me?" I thought.

The man at the piano began playing as Jae Hwan prepared to sing.

"Even if I’m not a good talker, please understand me

I will tell you all of the truth that I’ve been keeping,"
he started.

His voice was beautiful...

"Do you remember the day we first met?
Your pretty lips smiled at me

After that day, I was determined
That I never want to lose you from my embrace
That I will go till the end

Saying I love you with words might not be enough,
But still I will confess to you today
I wanna be with you,
Always from a step behind you
Don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you"

His voice held such intensity...

"After I met you, I found something to do
It is to make you smile all day, every single day

There might be times when I’m really busy but
In my head, there are
only thoughts of you

Saying I love you with words might not be enough,
But still I will confess to you today
I wanna be with you,
Always from a step behind you
There’s a person who will protect you

When you tell me to cheer up
When your eyes are looking at me
Those things make me exist right now
I have nothing else to tell you but I love you"

His eyes were full of sincerity. He meant every word he said.

"Thank you so much for waiting for me till the end
For looking at me without shaking
Lean on me, believe in my love
Let’s be together for always, forever

I love you, I need you.
I love you, I need you.
It’s only you for always

Stay by my side, I’ll comfort you
Let’s love as if the world stopped like this

Thank you for being you"

I grinning like a fool when he finished. It was the sweetest thing anyone has done for me. I could feel my heart rate speed up. This boy knew exactly how to get me to fall for his charms. The café was filled with applauds as Jae Hwan cam e down from the stage and smiled at me. "What'd ya think?" In response, I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him. He was shocked for a second before responding. The applauds of the people grew louder at the scene.


As the eventful evening came to a close, he walked me to my home. We stopped at my doorstep, "I had fun, Jae Hwan, really,"  I said with a smile as he grinned happily.

"Great! "I'm glad you did~"

"And I'm glad I accepted your offer," I said.

"Does that mean you would be willing to go on another one?" he asked hopefully with a silly grin. I nodded, giggling to myself.

Apparently his glee couldn't be held, so he hugged me in response. "Bye bye~" he said and kissed my cheek. I watched as he walked away. I'm guessing he didn't think I could see him anymore or he just didn't care, but he junped in the air, clicked his heels together, and let out a hearty "WHOO~" I laughed to myself and  unlocked my door, walking into my house. I think I'm gonna like having a guy like hime in my life~