Chapter Four

The Chaser

Hye Ri’s POV

The alarm clock rang and the sunlight penetrated through the curtains and shone on my face. I don’t feel like opening my eyes, I don’t know whether it is because I wasn’t used to the new environment of my room, or is it just me being nervous to enter another school, or maybe because I’m afraid of the guy in front of my room. Well, I just don’t know why I wasn’t able to sleep well last night, I kept on turning around, right and left, right and left, I just slept for around 4 hours last night, the other hours was just spent by me turning around and round.  But then whether I like it or not, I have to wake up, I need to go to school, my new school. Slowly I got up from my bed. I prepared myself for school.

After preparing myself for school, I opened the door slowly and peeked outside, to check whether Ho Won wasn’t there, there was no sign of him, so I went out of my room and quickly rushed out hoping that I wouldn’t meet him. Luckily he seems to be out, so I could relax myself and walked calmly to school.

I entered the building of Woollim National School. It was quite huge, of course not as huge as my previous school. But it still looks luxurious. Maybe you may be wondering, whether I’m insane or sort of, having millions of won as a debt and still spending my money for school. But to tell you something, I study here for free, I mean not that I got any special treatment or something like that, but I got it from my hard work, I was able to attend school because I got a scholarship. So don’t say that I am wasting my money.

I knocked on a room which has a board on top of the door which says “Class 12-1”. I seemed to be a little bit late since the door had been closed. The door was soon opened by a figure who seems to be a teacher. I bet she’s the homeroom teacher of the class.

 “You must be the new student, Park Hye Ri right? Please enter.” I nodded and entered the class and all eyes were now looking at me, well not really ALL.

“Guys! Attention please, as you all know, we have a new student today. Please introduce yourself dear.”

Anyeonghaseyo, I’m Park Hye Ri, nice to meet you all.” I said and bowed.

“I hope you guys can treat her well okay, I don’t want to hear any complains okay?!”

“Park Hye Ri, you can sit on that empty seat on the back beside Kim Myungsoo ssi, are you okay with it? To be seated at the back?”

“I’m okay with it, any seat would do.” I said and smiled.

“I’ll leave you guys now then, Hye Ri if you need any help, tell me okay.”

“Yes miss, thank you.” I said and bowed and she went out from the class.

I was still standing in front of the class. I was now observing the guy whom the teacher called as “Kim Myungsoo”. He was seated in the right corner in the back. He wasn’t paying attention at all, he was looking through the windows. He looks attractive. His hair was a bit brownish and curly, his face structure is perfect. His jaw line was very sharp, he has perfect plum-colored lips, a high bridged nose and his eyes are really captivating. Well it just took me a few seconds to observe him so no one looked at me like a freak standing in front of the class doing nothing.

I walked to the back of the class with eyes observing me, it felt really uncomfortable. Walking just a few meters to the back of the class felt like a kilometer for me with all those eyes focusing at me. And at last I was there, in my seat. I sat down and smiled at everyone who was looking at me. Some of them smiled back and some of them just turned their backs against me, how rude of them!

Then I looked at my right side, the guy named Kim Myungsoo was still looking outside, I tried to be friendly so I greeted him.

“Nice to meet you.” But he didn’t mind, he was still looking at the window.

“I’m Park Hye Ri, you’re Kim Myungsoo right?” I tried again, this time he did responded, but not with any greeting, instead it was a stare, a deathly stare! I was frozen by the moment he gave me that stare, then I looked down and pretended to be busy with my bag. Fortunately he turned back to the window.

I wasn’t expecting a deathly stare on my first day of school.

My mind was flying around, but then suddenly a waving hand popped out right in front of my face, I looked up, in front of me, stand a tall guy smiling, he has a very sweet smile, his gums was showing.

“Hello there!” He greeted.

“Oh hello.” I greeted back with a smile.

“I’m Sungyeol, Lee Sungyeol.”

“Nice to meet you Lee Sungyeol ssi, I’m Park Hye Ri.”

“Yeah I know, you’ve said it just now, hahaha. Anyway call me Sungyeol.” He said showing his gummy smile again.

 “Call me Hye Ri then.” I smiled, I’m glad someone wants to talk to me. Even though I expected a girl to be talking to me instead of a boy, but does it even matter now? As long as I have someone to talk to, I’m fine!

“Anyway you seem to not notice that I’m actually sitting next to you?” Sungyeol said and pointed to the seat on my left side.

“Oh really? I didn’t notice it, hahaha, I’m sorry.” I apologized for not acknowledging his presence just now, well maybe I was too busy with Kim Myungsoo just now? (Am I?)

“Yah, Myungsoo! Why wouldn’t you talk to our new classmate?!” Sungyeol knocked Kim Myungsoo’s head. I was so surprised by Sungyeol’s action. Did he just knock on his head?

But Kim Myungsoo just gave him a death stare.

“Your death stares don’t work for me, cause I know that you love me.” Sungyeol said and hugged Kim Myungsoo.

“What the heck are you doing!!” Kim Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol away.

“Well, this is our Myungsoo.” Sungyeol said. Well he didn’t mean to introduce Kim Myungsoo, but more likely he was trying to say that Kim Myungsoo is that kind of person, a closed and cold person?

“Can I even be close with him even if we’re close in distance?” I said to myself.

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

Hello guys! How are you? Hope you enjoyed the story. Myungsoo and Sungyeol are here now! Kekeke~ I’ll introduce the characters one by one, so just wait for the other characters to pop up suddenly, hahaha~ Ohh, I lost a subscriber, is my story getting boring? :( If my story is getting boring please remind me ^^ ~ Please comment & subscribe too :) ~