Cassie

Cassie

 

“JUNSU OPPA!!! MARRY ME PLEASE!” Junsu heard his fans scream as he walked onto the stage and smiled at them, adoring them for wanting to marry him. He sighed, it was too bad that he couldn’t have that many wives; his parents would probably blow their top through the roof and disown him.

“Hyung, why are you smiling retardedly to yourself?” Changmin teased and nudged him from behind, driving the hordes of fans crazy as they thought that they were having skinship as fanservice.

“I’m cuter than you so shut up.” Junsu did his signature “Angel Xiah” pose and the sea of red below them burst into chaos, their screaming rising by several decibels.

Finally, the fanmeet started and excited fans held their red light sticks high up, trying desperately to grab their attention. As much as Junsu cherished his fans, he did not fancy having sore fingers from signing all three thousand fans’ albums. He sighed and settled down in his sea before grabbing a marker, getting ready for the fans to have a stampede on the stage as they fought each other to let their albums be signed by their favourite idols.

It was then when he saw her.

A petite girl with a pixie hair cut. She wasn’t the most beautiful girl Junsu had seen, but she definitely had beautiful eyes. And her eyes were full of eagerness, eagerness to see him. Likewise, Junsu was also eager to see her.

When the girl finally made her way to Junsu’s table, he couldn’t help but smile at her as she tried her best to tear off the wrapping of the album held tightly in her hands. Her hands were still trembling when the wrapper was finally off after a Herculean effort and he chuckled at her, falling for her clumsiness.

“Hello,” Junsu chirped happily, “what’s your name?”

The fan seemed to be taken aback when he spoke. “Eh?”

“What’s your name?” Junsu chuckled and asked again, this time looking into her eyes.

“Junsu… I meant Cassie. Yeah, Cassie.”

 What a beautiful name. Junsu thought and signed the album with a heart. Holding out his hand to Cassie, he waited for her to shake his hand. But that handshake was never returned as she was already pushed to the other side of the stage by other impatient fans.

“I hope to see you again, Cassie!” Junsu shouted at her from his bottom of his heart, looking forward to the next time they meet.

***

“Hey guys, I think it’s about time you come up with a name for your fans.” TVXQ’s manager announced when the five young men slumped down on the sofa after finally ending their long and tiring promotions for “Hug.”

“What about ‘I-Know’? It’s pretty neat, isn’t it?” Yunho took the lead and suggested. The four other guys rolled their eyes at him and brushed that idea away.

“How about ‘Dong Bang Yeo Ja’ (Girls of the East)?” Jaejoong suggested but got a protest from Changmin, “Hyung, we have male fans too!”

“Then ‘Dong Bang Fans’?” Jaejoong enthused, waiting for the other members’ response. The violent shaking of their heads ended Jaejoong’s persuasion.

“How about ‘Cassiopeia’? And we can shorten it to ‘Cassie’ if they want, since it sounds so pretty.” Junsu smiled, recalling his first meeting with that adorable fan named Cassie.

The next day, Cassiopeians from all over the world rejoiced as they formed the greatest fandom ever.

***

Fast forward 5 years and TVXQ’s fourth Korean album ‘Mirotic’ was released, teasing fans from all over the globe with their grown-up looks and matured iness.

It wasn’t long before their tedious schedules for their ‘Mirotic’ promotions started.

Once again, it was TVXQ’s turn to shine on the stage after a long time in Korea and all 5 members were psyched, especially Junsu. They were unable to interact with their Korean fans while promoting in Japan and he was extremely eager to meet them again, especially that special Cassie.

“Guys, let’s play on the stage one more time!” Yunho shouted at the members as adrenaline pumped in their blood. “TVXQ FIGHTING ~” The five men held their palms high into the air and sashayed onto stage, dying to show off their best.

At the start, you were sweetly, naturally attracted to me

You stepped up to me and told me it would forever be like that

All the possibilities open up Oh ~

The screaming from their fans started once again.

What is love? What! It’s now meant by the Red Ocean

I’m breakin’ my rules again, you know it’s getting boring

Junsu spotted Cassie in the crowd once again. This time, his heart did a flip.

You want me, You’ve fallen for me, You’re crazy over me

Junsu stood there on the stage, not caring about his lines, just looking at her. He was finally reverted back from his reverie when Yoochun gently tapped him while he danced his way to the front.

“I got you~ Under my skin.” Junsu sang proudly as he winked at the sea of Cassies below him – still locking eyes with Cassie.

***

“Guess what?” Junsu probed when all five members of TVXQ returned backstage after their performance.

“I think I’m in love with a Cassie.” 

Cassiopeia loves you too, Junsu oppa! AKTF ~