Acquainted

Going Crazy

*Yongguk's thoughts will be in red while JiEun's will be in blue*


It was the beginning of autumn. The leaves were starting to fall along with their colors to a crispy copper. It was also the beginning of a beautiful disaster for Jieun and Yongguk, but neither of them knew that.


The bells at the University of Seoul rapidly rang in the ears of Song Ji Eun. Today was her first time on campus and first day of school. She had been negligent to come earlier for a tour and was completely lost even with a map. 

"There needs to be a GPS for a school this huge..." she muttered, frustrated. I take a right and it ends up being left. I have no sense of direction even with this stupid map. Ji Eun sighed. She turned the next corner seconds before falling on her . Not again. This is the third time. But this wasn't like the other times she had bumped into people that same morning. The person she bumped into was attached to her string of fate.


I can't believe the teacher failed me last semester just because I expressed my opinion. Last semester, student Bang Yongguk had failed his music appreciation class with a negative 100. Originally, Yongguk had made an A throughout the class's entirety. But when the final exam came around, he flunked terribly. The exam was to write a 4 paged essay about a piece of music written by an "unknown composer."Sadly for Yongguk, that "unknown composer" was the teacher and Yongguk wrote his essay honestly without any lies. And let's just say that his thoughts weren't exactly positive or appreciated. It's a music appreciation class, not an appreciate the teacher's work to boost his ego class. Don't we have freedom of speech? He let out a deep groan. Needless to say, Yongguk had to retake the class.

Luckily, the music appreciation class's teacher was replaced and Yongguk intended on making a good impression, which wasn't exactly working considering class had started 10 minutes ago and he wasn't there. Despite being late, he leisurely made his way to class. No need to rush. I mean I'm late anyway. His feet, already familiar with the classroom's location, walked on their own, so he didn't pay attention to any of his surroundings nor to the girl turning the corner at the exact same time as him. Her head hit his chest and a thud came his ears as he saw the girl fall right on her . 


Ji Eun let out a troubled breath and rubbed her head. She didn't even bother to get up and just sat right on the spot she fell.

"Sor-" She's beautiful. "Sorry," Yongguk said, this time finishing the word. He offered her a hand but quickly took it back as Ji Eun let out an extremely frustrated cry.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. Today !"

"I'm really sorry that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. This is my fault. Sorry. Again, sorry." She's even pretty when she looks like that.

Ji Eun snapped back to reality. "Oh no. I should be the one that's sorry. Please don't think my whining was about you. I'm just really really really aggravated."

"Oh I see. Why?" Yongguk asked, wanting to help see her smile.

"This is my first day and I'm already late to class because I don't know where anything is," she said holding her head in her hands. "THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS MAP." She threw it across the floor.

Yongguk chuckled. "Well, I think I can help with that." He extended his hand again and this time she took it. "What class are you suppose to be at?"

"Music appreciated." 

He didn't let it show, but Yongguk was ecstatic. "I have that class too. I'll show you the way."

"Really? Thanks a lot. You are my hero." Ji Eun smiled and her eyes twinkled.

Yongguk thought his heart would fall right out of his chest. He unhesitantly took her hand and guided her to class. 

Ji Eun didn't even mind holding hands with this guy she just met. She just felt happy to finally be going in the right direction. "So what's 'Soul Connection'?" Ji Eun asked looking at his sweater.

"Oh it's this music group I'm in!" He bragged.

"Aaaah. I'm in a music group too. It's Secret." 

Yongguk frowned. "You can tell me what it is, I won't tell anyone."

"No, really it's SECRET. Secret's the actual name." Ji Eun laughed.

Beautiful face. Beautiful laugh. Can she not? Otherwise my heart will really fall out of my chest. 

The two continued to make casual conversation on their way, not once did Yongguk ever look away from Ji Eun or let go of her hand.


OMG IDK GUYS BUT I THINK I KEPT SWITCHING BETWEEN PAST AND PRESENT TENSE I'LL MAKE SURE TO KEEP IT IN ONE TENSE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OK.

Btw the negative grade is based on something that happened to this one kid at my school lol sad life. Not the music appreciation but he did get a negative grade because my teacher wanted to prove him wrong and that it is possible to get a negative grade hahaHhahaHAHAHHA.

The actual parts of the song will come later, because it'd be really awkard to just like skip to it ._______.

Please send feedback on whether I should keep this going or not!