Final

Rain

A/N: I know, this is like, really, really, really, really long overdue. But enjoy it anyway. ^^

The little girl looked down to her grandmother. She's sleeping peacefully. Lying down on a cushioned sort of bed. But it's not really a bed. It's a coffin. And her grandmother's not really sleeping. She's dead. Gone forever. The grandmother who held her close and told her stories about princesses and pirates, will no longer have any stories to tell. The one who tucked her in at night when her mother left is no more. The grandmother who used to always have a smile gracing her lips...well, now they're just a flat, unnaturally pink line on her pale face. Eyes closed, unmoving. Those cold hands will never hold her again. 

Turning away from her grandmother lying in the casket, she felt hot tears fall down her face. Then she caught sight of the window, where outside, rain was falling.

Stepping out of the convenience store, Sooyoung cursed silently when she saw the rain.

Damn it. The weather forecast said nothing about tonight being rainy. She hated the days when it rained.

She glared at the sky, as if that would do any good. She'd rather shout...but then people might think she's crazy. I mean, who shouts at the sky? Then again, no one probably glares at the sky either. Hanging her bag of groceries on one arm, she dug through her bag for her umbrella. After a few minutes of looking and more cursing, she realized she didn't have it with her.

Damn it. 'I put it in here.' She thought to herself. Then she remembered her roommate Sunny, going out for the night asking to borrow said umbrella. 'Just great. I'll have to wait this rain out.' She cheked her watch. 10:27PM.

"Sooyoung-ah!" Turning around, she was met by the brown-haired, tall figure of one Cho Kyuhyun.

Damn it.

Sooyoung hugged her teddy bear closer to her chest as she heard the sound of thunder. It really scared her. She wanted to go run her parents downstairs, but their shouting at each other scared her more.

They're at it again. Shouting and shouting. Tears, and then more shouting.'When will this end?'

A clap of thunder. A small whimper escaped her lips. 'I wish mommy would come up and comfort me.' She heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. She pretended to sleep under the covers.

Her bedroom door opened and she felt the weight on her bed as the other person sat beside her. A gentle hand brushed through her hair. 'Mommy's here.' She said to herself. But before she could drift off to sleep, the hand was gone.

More shouting, more crying, and then the rain started pouring. She heard the front door slam. Sooyoung pushed her blanket off and ran to the window. She saw her mom running towards a waiting car.

The car drive off and never came back.

He was a close dongsaeng of Sungmin-oppa, but they don't really know each other well. And she kind of sees him as a bit arrogant.

Sooyoung bowed lazily. "O-oppa, annyeonghaseyo."

"What are you doing out here? It's late. You should go home."

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Like that never occured to me. "I'm waiting the rain out. I forgot my umbrella."

"You should've called someone to pick you up, then. It's really not safe to be out so late." He sounded worried.

"Oh, oppa. I would've done that if I did have someone to call." Great. Now he knows I'm a loner.

They remained silent for a while, just listening to the sound of the rain. "Come on, then. I'll take you home."

"What? Why?" She looked at him like he had grown a second head.

"No reason. I just want to." He put his hands in the pocket of his jacket. 

"But it's raining."

"So?"

"Do you have an umbrella?"

"Well...no."

"Then we're staying here."

Kyuhyun shrug of his jacket and put it over Sooyoung's head.

"Yah. What do you think--"

"I said, I'm taking you home. Come on." He took the plastic bag of groceries from her hand.

"Oppa, I can take care of myself. You're gonna get sick."

Kyuhyun said nothing. He put his arm around her shoulder, pulled her close to him to shield her from the rain, and then they were off. Walking, saying nothing. 

Sooyoung kept running. Nevermind the fact that it was raining, freezing, and she couldn't see anything. She had to catch up to him. And there he was.

"Oppa!!"

He turned at the sound of her voice.

"Sooyoung, what are you doing?"

"Tell me it isn't true."

"What --"

"You know what I'm talking about, don't you?" She hit him on the chest. He looked away, confirming her suspisions. She felt her breath catch in . Her tears started falling. Good thing the rain kept them hidden. "Why?" He didn't say anything. He tried to put his arms around her but she pushed him away. "How could you? I trusted you!"

'I'm sorry." He tried to embrace her again, but she still pushed him away.

"No!! Don't you dare."

"I'm sorry, Sooyoung-ah. I really am. Please forgive me."

They said nothing as they walked. Sooyoung couldn't help feeling bad that she was staying completely dry and the guy - who's jacket is the reason she's staying dry - is getting drenched in the rain. Not to mention she was really warm due to his arm around her shoulder.

She was liking it so much that she didn't even realize that they were already in front of her gate. Kyuhyun released her from his hold. The rain got stronger.

"Hurry and go on in." Kyuhyun handed her the grocery bags and turned to leave.

"Oppa, wait." Sooyoung made to remove the jacket from her head, but he stopped her. He put it around her shoulders this time.

"No. Keep it." He bent down and kissed her cheek. "So, I'll have a reason to take you home next time." He smiled at her and the ran off.

Sooyoung looked up at the dark sky. The rain drenched her face. She didn't mind so much anymore.

A/N: Yeah...I kind of just rushed through that. XD Cheers.