It's Too Late

It's Too Late

                “Sehun-ssi! Wait up!” I yelled while sprinting to catch up with him.

                “Oh, Sujin-ah, you can just call me Sehun, okay?” He said after pausing and turning around to face me. I stopped right in front of him and nodded while trying to catch my breath.

                “So why are you here? Didn’t your practice end 2 hours ago?” He asked while tilting his head to the side slightly. I got confused and straightened myself out.

                ‘Go ask him out already!’ I heard Lina’s words echo in my head.

                ‘Yeah go! I think he likes you back~!’ Yunju’s words come after.

                ‘We haven’t debuted yet so go have fun before you’re locked down and can’t go seeing anyone anymore.’ Minjee stated.

                ‘And you guys look cute together!’ Rinah’s voice echoed in my head.

                “Sujin?” Sehun’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I felt my face getting got as Sehun’s eyes were staring straight into mine. I broke the eye contact and stared straight at the floor.

                “I-I… U-Uhh I-I forgot! Mianhe for wasting your time…” I lied, panicking. Sehun just nodded and turned around to leave the practice room. I inwardly sighed while mentally scolding myself for being so stupid, and cowardly.

                “Come on! You can do this Sujin! You can do this!” I cheered at myself before turning back around, expecting Sehun to still be there, but I blinked as I saw no one else in the room but me. I looked out the glass wall and saw Sehun walking out of the SM building already. I gasped as I ran out of the practice room; filled with determination to ask him out today and right now.

                I bumped right into Kai when I turned sharply at a corner. We both fell on the floor on out butss and we sat up at the same time, groaning at the sudden impact.

                “Hey, are you okay Sujin?” I heard Kai ask as I opened my eyes and gathered myself together. I remembered why I was running and I immediately sprung up on my feet, scaring Kai as I did so. I bowed a perfect 90 degree and straightened back up again. “M-MInahe Kai-ssi! I’ll watch out next time!” I said as fast as I could and started to run past him.

                “Yah! Sujin-ah!” Kai yelled after me, but I just ignored him as I kept running to catch up to Sehun.

                The staff were looking at me weirdly as I ran past them but I ignored them simply. I skidded to a stop in front of the elevator and I pressed the button more times than necessary.

                I impatiently growled as the elevator doors still hadn’t opened. I kicked it out of frustration before running towards the stair cases. I burst through the doors and started to run as fast as I could down the long flights of stairs. I was definitely out of breath and I just wanted to stop and die right then, but pure determination kept me going.

                My legs and every single muscle in my body was burning from the intense hours of dance training and now this, sprinting like there was no tomorrow.

                I slipped on the last step and I landed painfully against the cold concrete floor at the bottom. I hissed in pain and I was sure I was going to have a bruise somewhere, but I just scrambled up and ran out the exit door.

                I ran in front of the building, painting and sweating while frantically looking around for Sehun.  However, when I didn’t see him, I just wanted to smash something out of frustration. I just shook my head and sighed deeply.

                “Dammit, I was too late…” I sighed again and turned around as a raindrop fell on my nose.

 

.   .   .

 

                I wish I hadn’t turned around at all…

                I could literally feel my heart shatter as the rain broke out and started to drop down onto the ground. There he was… Oh Sehun. Sitting down on the sofa inside the SM building with his side turned to me. Sure I had found him but his eyes were closed and happy as his lips were locked in a passionate make-out session with Jung Krystal.

                They both didn’t seem to notice me, as they were both in their own little world. A soft sob suddenly came out of my mouth and I couldn’t tell whether I was crying or not, thanks to the rain. I was glad my body took control of itself and I suddenly turned around and sprinted the opposite way of the building.

                I didn’t notice where I was, but when I did, I stopped and sat down on a nearby swing at the park I was at. I let out all my feelings after a moment and I felt tears fall down along with the rain down my cheeks.    

                My lungs tightened and my heart felt as if someone squeezed it. I wanted to stay there longer and just cry my eyes out, but I felt my phone vibrate in my pants’ pockets. I took it out and saw a text from Lina. My pone was water resistant so I didn’t have to worry about it breaking from water.

                I opened up the text as I continued to cry.

               

From: Energetic Unicorn ;)

To: Funny Bunny~

 

Yah, bunny! Where are you? It’s 7 P.M. already! Your practice ended 3 hours ago! Come back to the dorm, the unnies and I are worried about you, especially since it’s raining so much!

 

                I didn’t notice that it has been 3 hours since I had was crying. I shook my head as I replied to her text.

 

To: Energetic Unicorn ;)

From: Funny Bunny~

 

Minahe Lina. I’ll be back there, I just got lost track of time. Don’t worry okay? And tell the others I’m sorry for worrying you all.

 

                I clicked send and put my phone back in my pocket and started to head to the direction of our dorm.

                It didn’t take me long to reach the dorm. I entered the little lobby area and I went up to our door and unlocked it silently. The lights were off, which I was glad, and I opened the front door.

                I jumped slightly as the lights suddenly and I was met with a confetti.

                “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUJIN-AH!!” I heard people yell at me. I blinked but kept a straight face as I scanned everyone’s faces.

                Everyone from SM was there. There was Super Junior, SNSD, F(x), out group: Star, DBSK, and none other than EXO. But what caught my eye the most was that Sehun was smiling brightly at Krystal while they were holding onto each other’s hands. Both of them were smiling at each other and I just wanted to be alone and cry again. I was about to turn around and walk out but Sunny, Tiffany, and Lina closed the door and hugged me along with the rest of SNSD’s members and Stars.

                I just stood there as they all hugged me at the same time. After a while, they all let go and Jessica looked at me weirdly.

                “Sujin-ah, is something wrong? Your eyes are puffy.” She asked and I just stared at her blankly and behind her, I saw Sehun give Krystal a pick on .

                I was hurt again and I just snapped. Tears poured out of my eyes again and I let out a loud sob before pushing everyone away form me and running into mu room. I heard everyone yell after me but I just ran into my room, slammed the door shut and locked it. I leaned my back against the door ad slid down to the ground. Letting out loud cried and burying my face into my hands and pulling my hair.

                “Sujin?” I heard Lina’s voice on the other side of the door. “Sujin, open the door! What’s wrong?” She asked frantically and I just slammed my head back against the door before yelling as loud as I could.

                “LEAVEME ALONE TO DUE IN HERE!!” I cried even more and heard footsteps move away. I was glad but then I heard another pair of feet coming closer towards my room. I was about to yell again when I soft knock cut me off.

                “Sujin?” I heard Kai’s deep yet soft voice. I just sobbed and kept crying without even bothering to answer. “Sujin-ah, open the door please? Tell oppa what’s wrong.” Oppa? I raised my head slightly and sniffled.

                “Why should I?!” I snapped and I heard a slight chuckle on the other side.

                “Because I have cake.” He answered amusedly.

                I thought about it for a second before standing up and placing my hand on the lock.

                “Fine, I’ll let you in… and only you so don’t let anyone else come inside…” I said and waited for a reply.

                “Yes I know, I promise.” He said sincerely. I unlocked the door and slowly opened it. There was Kai, holding two plates with cake on each one and was smiling cutely at me. I would have smiled back but then I saw Sehun and Krystal beside each other, along with Star and EXO.

                I pulled Kai inside before glaring coldly at the couple and slamming the door shut again and locking it. I leaned my forehead against the door to calm myself down and not start crying yet again. But a stubborn sob escaped my mouth and I bit the inside of my cheek as punishment. Al of a sudden, I felt arms wrap around my waist and pull my head back close to a toned body. I froze in spot and I knew who it was, making me tense up even more.       

                “Kai-ssi…” I whispered under my breath as I felt my cheeks heat up.

                “Just call me oppa from now on okay? We’re close enough to stop talking so formal to each other.” He whispered into my ear, causing goose bumps to appear on my skin.

                “O-Okay… o-oppa…” I stuttered when he pulled away from me. But then suddenly, I was spun around and my back was now against the door as Kai smiled in front of me.

                “Good! Now let’s eat cake shall we?” He suggested while putting his hand out for me. I looked at it for a second before taking it and he led me to the bed. We sat down, facing each other and he held out a spin and a plate with a piece of cake on it. I looked at it for a second before grabbing hold of it and taking the spoon along with me.

                I took the spoon and scooped up a piece of cake and put it in my mouth. It was delicious and I immediately started to feel better. I heard a chuckle and my head snapped up.

                “What?” I asked with the spoon still in my mouth. Kai chuckled again and shook his head before grabbing his own plate.

                “Nothing, you just look really cute eating like that.” My face got hot in embarrassment and I looked away immediately.

                “Shut up.” I replied. I looked up again and saw Kai eating while looking at the wall across the room. I felt bad for not being nice to him while he was being nice to me.             

                I scooped up a piece of cake and I put my spoon in front of Kai’s mouth, surprising him. I giggled at his reaction and grinned when he ate that piece of cake. He looked at me slightly confused before doing the same to me. I happily ate the cake piece from his spoon and smiled widely. We kept feeing each other until all the cake was gone. It was a good thing Kai had been nice enough to bring napkins so we could wipe the frosting off out mouths.

                “So…” Kai started, making me bring my attention towards him. “Why were you crying?” He asked as I frowned before looking down at my hands nervously. I didn’t know how to explain this to him at all. “We don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.” He interrupted my thoughts. I looked  at him and shook my head.

                “No, it’s not that. I just don’t know how to explain it…” I admitted.

                “Oh… Well I’ll try to make something out of it. Just explain as best as you can okay?”

                “Ne.. So umm, I.. I really like someone…” I started while twirling my hair around my fingers.

                “And you like him a lot but you can’t have him because he’s dating someone else?” Kai finished for me. I looked at him in surprise as my jaw dropped, causing Kai to laugh at me. Am I that easy to read?
                “Yes, you are that easy to read.” Kai once again answered me.

                “Okay you can stop that now.” I said and he chuckled before motioning for me to continue what I was going to say. “Okay… Well that guy would be Sehun-ssi… and he’s dating Krystal-ssi…” I admitted and Kai’s face looked sorry for me. He suddenly hugged me and I wasted no time to hug him back. I let the tears spill again as I remembered the image of him and Krystal kissing again.

                I felt bad for making Kai’s shoulder wet but he held me in place and told me to just cry it all out. We both held that position for a while until I felt better. We let go and once I did, Kai cupped my face into his hands and wiped my tears away with his thumb.

                “Well here’s two things you should remember. One, Sehun’s stupid and a douchebag for making you cry, intentionally or unintentionally. Second, we’re all here for you… I’m here for you, I always was…” Kai trailed off at the end as he looked away from my eyes. After a moment, he leaned in and slowly kissed my forehead. “Now let’s come out of your room, there’s more cake out there with your birthday presents, and talk to the others who took the time and money to put up this party for you. Oh yeah, aren’t you turning 18?” Kai asked as he stood up and gathered the plates and napkins with him.

                I nodded and helped him by taking the remaining plates with me. We both walked to the door with Kai in front of me. He suddenly stopped, almost making me bump into his back but I stopped in time.

                Kai turned around to face me and smiled, “Remember, if you feel uncomfortable being near him, there’s always everyone else to go to for help.” He said before turning around to face the door again.

                “Wait, oppa!” I said, making him stop in his tracks. “Can we not tell anyone else about this?” I asked and he shook his head no.

                “I’m sorry Sujin but the others have to know so they’ll know the reason as to why you are upset.” He replied before unlocking and opening the door. I sighed slightly and walked out behind Kai.

                When we entered the living room, I saw that everyone else was still there, just watching TV or playing video games, eating, just chatting or singing. But when Kai and I walked in, everyone stopped and looked at us. (We’re y and we know it). (That really was what I written in the notebook xDD)

                I caught Sehun’s eyes staring at me and I immediately ran to the kitchen with the plates in my hands. Once I got into the kitchen I dropped the plates into the sink and I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I was pretty sure I was safe and alone in the kitchen until-

                “Sujin.” A voice near me called my name. I froze in my spot knowing full well who that person was. I gulped and closed my eyes tightly hoping he would just go away. “Sujin.” I heard him call me again, but this time, with much more force in his voice. “Sujin turn around and speak to me.” His voice was no longer soft, but filled with pure pressure.

                “Sehun-ssi please leave me alone. I don’t want to talk to anyone at the moment.” I said as I kept my back turned towards him.

                “But you talk to Kai.” He shot at me, making me clutch onto my shirt tightly. I also just noticed that I was still wet from the rain.

                Immediately, I created an excuse and was about to leave the kitchen when he grabbed onto my wrist.

                “Please excuse me Sehun-ssi, I need to change my clothes.” I said while keeping my back faced towards him and my front facing the door, the door that would let me escape from the uncomfortable mess Sehun and I made.

                I was about to open the door and just leave, but a hand suddenly shot out from behind me and slam the door shut again, “Sujin don’t test me. Tell me why you’ve been ignoring me these past hours.”

                I didn’t want to tell him that I was jealous of Krystal, no I had no right to do that. “Nothing” was all that escaped my mouth. His hand switched from my wrist, to my hands and before I knew it, we were back in my room. Sehun slammed the door shut and faced me before growling frustrated as he glared at me. I stepped away from him out of fear and looked down to the ground to avoid eye contact.

                “Sujin. Look up and answer me right now.” Sehun commanded but being the stubborn person I was, I kept looking down.

                Suddenly, his feet entered my field of vision but I kept my eyes down. I heard a soft sigh above me but I dared not to look up. “Just please look up and talk to me. Tell me what I did wrong to make you not talk or look at me.” I could clearly hear the begging tone he was using.

                When I still didn’t look up, he lifted my head up to meet his eyes by my chin. My face immediately got hotter and I tried to back away from the sudden closeness, but his grip on my arm prevented me from doing so.

                “S-Sehun, let go!” I whispered harshly under my breath. I wanted to yell at him and let my feelings out yet once again, but his intense gaze only have me the option to whisper harshly at him. “Sehun I’m being serious here-“

                “And you think that I’m not serious?” He yelled at me after I raised my voice at him. Then snap. I finally looked at him straight into the eyes and glared into them.

                “Fine! You want to know why I’m avoiding you?! Well fine! I’m avoiding you because I saw that you’re dating Krystal! Don’t misunderstand, there’s nothing wrong with her- heck, she’s perfect! But I’m doing this for me. Call me selfish but I want to protect myself from getting hurt! I love you Sehun! No, not anymore. Not after seeing that you’re not interested in me… I loved you but I was too late..” I snapped at him and I swear I was crying again. I looked down at the ground as I felt Sehun’s hand clutch onto my wrists.

                I sobbed loudly as we both stayed in the same position. I felt Sehun’s hands leave my wrists, I was glad but then, I felt him cup my cheek and caressed it.                      

                “Sujin… I’m sorry to hear you feel that way but… I don’t feel the same way and I hope you move on and find someone else. Krystal and I are happy the way we are… I’m sorry Sujin, let’s just be friends.” He confessed and suddenly I felt angry. Before I knew it, I found my hand landing hard on his cheek, making a loud slapping noise as my palm made contact with his face. I just let myself go and let anger and jealousy grab hold of me.

                “This is why I didn’t want to tell you! I knew you were going to tell me all this crap that wouldn’t help me at all! You know what, just out Sehun. GET. OUT!!!” I screamed at him while shoving him back to the door. Then something happened that I have never thought would happen in a million years, or ever at all.

                His lips, on mine, mine on his, both together moving in harmony. But what surprised me most was that my body was reacting to his kiss and copying each movement. The kiss was rough as it could get ad it felt good, yet wrong. Very wrong. It seemed that time had gone back to normal when we both pulled away, out of breath. I let my bangs hang over my face, shading my flustered face from his eyes. I felt his hands brush ny bangs behind my ears and kissed my forehead.

                We kept silent as he kept planting kisses on my forehead, but that’s when I broke the silence.

                “Sehun-ssi.” I called his name softly.

                “Hm?” He answered back, continuing  what he was doing earlier.

                “Leave.” I whispered ever so softly.

                “What?” He whispered back just as softly while looking into my eyes and caressing my cheek.

                “Leave. It’s too late.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

XD So yeah, this is the first fic I have ever made back in 6th grade- lol jk it wasn't in 6th grade- HA!!  But yeah, this didn't make sense to me when I was writing it, and when I read it today which i find funny, so that's why I'm sharing it with you guys. I remember this wasn't complete so comment if you want me to made this a chaptered fic instead of a oneshot. And the reason for this being so random with events is because I had a lot of things happening the day I wrote this, a friend had a breakup, another had a birthday, another hated another, and yeah, this was just based on all my friends that day into one person- Sujin. :3