Chapter 1

IMPRISONED

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day was your first day at your new school. You took a quick shower and slipped on your uniform, smoothed out the skirt and fixed the collar of your shirt. You looked at the mirror. A girl with big brown eyes, dark brown hair and pale white skin stared back at you. She looked so... dull. And nervous.

“Ah, come on, Han Sarang. It’s just a first day at school.” You told the girl in the mirror, but it still couldn’t wash away the edginess in your chest. You knew you were never the best at introducing yourself to new people, and you were really, really bad at remembering new names. In short, first days at schools have never been that great to you.

Giving up encouraging yourself, you slung your bag over your shoulders, and with one last look at the mirror, you went out the front door of your house and headed to your school.

On your way, you saw many boys and girls in the same uniform walk to the same direction as yours, laughing and chatting with that particular accent of the district. You felt too awkward to join one of them since they were mostly conversing in groups. Some pupils were solitary, just like you, but you didn’t feel like talking to them either.

What was there to talk about, anyway? The weather? How their holiday went? Oh you didn’t even know their names. And you reminded yourself that you were never very fond of small talks. So you settled for walking alone and clutching the straps of your backpack, staying silent as you walked through the school.

Joseon High School wasn’t anything fancy, just like you remembered. Old building, old front yard, old sports field – old everything. Your late grandfather was the one who owned the school before, but since he passed away a few months ago, the school was delegated to your grandmother.

But it didn’t mean you’ve been so familiar with the kids – it was the way around. The kids here looked distant, and they looked at you in a weird way. Some students didn’t even notice your presence there.

Oh well. Shaking your head, you sauntered to your classroom.

The first few hours went so dully. You had Math – what an unwelcome subject for the first morning in new school – Korean literature, and History. You had introduced yourself in every class, too. None of the students approached you though.

Well, no one except a girl with long hair and a-little-too-caked face that approached you in the cafeteria. She was with her group when she tapped your table. You blinked momentarily at her polished fingernails, surprised, before looking up from your lunch.

“You’re new here?” she asked, her chin lifted up arrogantly. Oh, the same old self-proclaimed Queenbee was here.

“Yes.” You said politely.

“Are you one of the twelve?” she asked.

“Excuse me?”

“She asked you if you’re one of the twelve.” One of her friends supported unhelpfully. Geez.

“What twelve?” you asked.

“The new students, duh.” Said the other one, apparently cutting off the leader. The long haired girl with manicured fingers that spoke to you the first time glared at her friend, who replied it with an apologetic grin.

The leader turned her attention back to you. “So it seems we’re getting thirteen new students today.” she concluded.

You blinked. Thirteen... what?

“There should be twelve more new students today, but I don’t know where they are now. And since you’re just as oblivious, I think I’d just-”

Before she could dismiss herself gracefully, however, you had stormed out of her sight and out of the cafeteria. You heard her murmuring something about you being impolite, but you ignored it.

Thirteen new students? Besides the too old building, something else must be completely wrong with this school. Why didn’t your grandmother tell you anything? You rushed straight to the principal’s office and fortunately, you found your grandmother there.

“Halmeoni!” you exclaimed and burst into her office, but your face flushed pink when you found there was another teacher inside the room. You looked at your feet awkwardly. “I-I mean, uh, Mrs. Han.”

Your grandmother smiled softly and dismissed the teacher. The teacher looked in her mid thirty, warm, and she was smiling at you as she walked out the door. You closed the door behind her gently and directly walked up to your grandmother’s desk.

“Sarang, dear,” your grandmother cooed.

“Halmeoni, I heard we’re accepting twelve more students. Is it true?”

“Where did you hear that?” she asked.

“Well, a girl approached me and asked me if I was one of the twelve.”

“Oh,” she said.

“So?” you prompted.

“Yes, that’s true, dear.”

You frowned. “You’re accepting twelve – or thirteen, if I'm counted – new students, all at once?”

“Yes.”

“But why?”

“This school is almost closed, dear.” She sighed. “The students are getting fewer and fewer each year, and I don’t think we will be opening up a new registration in the next five years or so. Moreover, we’re almost lacking teachers now. So I thought why not-”

Series of noisy sounds of motorcycles cut her off short. Your frown deepened, and you rushed to the window to see the parking lot of the school which was directly the opposite of the principal’s room. Guys in helmets and black leather jackets were there, some of them were standing there while the other ones were still parking their motorcycles. Your eyes widened in horror.

Gangsters? No no, why would gangsters come to your school? This school practically had no decent facility to be robbed.

Then your eyes caught the sight of one of them, taking off his helmet and jacket. Shiny black hair greeted your vision, and you saw the very familiar uniform he was wearing. You counted the number of guys there and your breathing hitched. There were twelve males at the parking lot. Oh God.

“T-those are... the new students?” you stuttered.

You couldn’t hear your grandmother’s reply since you were too absorbed to the view before you. Wow, they looked dangerous and... eye catching from here.

You saw them head toward the main hallway before realization hit you. You turned your head back to your grandmother. “They’re coming to school at lunch hour?”

Your grandmother seemed a bit lost for words, too.

“And what’s with those noisy motorcycles? God, where are they from?”

“They came from Canada. One of them had a Canadian Permanent Resident Card.” She explained.

“And the rest?” you asked.

Your grandmother shifted uncomfortably. “I don’t know.”

Before you could ask her more questions – you didn’t know why you were so intrigued with them though – the bell rang loudly. Lunch time was over.

“I should go back to class.” You told your grandmother and head for the door.

“Alright, have a nice day, dear. I think I’ll go home early.”

You smiled at her and nodded, went out of the room and closed the door. But as you turned around, your face collided into someone’s chest. A hard chest, that is.

“Ow,” you winced in pain, rubbing your nose that was reddening from the impact.

It was a boy. You looked up, expecting him to be as tall as normal Korean boys, but you only saw his neck at that level. You tilted your head back even further and finally, you saw his face – his abnormally breathtaking face – staring back at you.

“Hi,” he grinned. Your mouth dropped open. His voice was shockingly much deeper and huskier than you expected. With that cute baby face... it didn’t match him at all.

Still grinning, the boy was about to say something but he was abruptly shoved aside. “Move,” another deep voice commanded, and then you saw another tower, another beautiful boy looking down at you.

You lost your ability to breathe or speak. Oh my...

“Where’s the principal’s room?” he asked – or barked – and again, you found something surprising with this one. His harsh tone didn’t match his beautiful face... with that gentle face, he was supposed to be charming.

You blinked, feeling a tad bit annoyed and surprised at the way he talked to you. You jabbed your thumb to the direction of the door behind you. “It’s... there.” Oh, but you were stuttering.

He stared at you impassively, his eyes probing ignorantly. You felt uncomfortable. Didn’t he know that it’s rude to stare – glare?

“Well?” he said, apparently more irritated than you.

Well... what? What’s his problem? 

You didn’t budge. He leaned down so he was at your eye level, curling his lips into a very fake sweet smile that took you off guard and spoke, “Could you please move aside so we can go through that damned door?” he pointed at the door behind you with his long index finger.

Oh this boy could swear.

You moved aside as if hypnotized, eyes down, your face reddened with embarrassment and anger.

The boy tore his eyes away from your face and grabbed the door knob, twisting it and entering the room with the rest of the guys. You glared silently at the back of his head.

“Thank you,” a manly voice said politely. You looked up and saw a boy – another beautiful boy, geez, what’s with these beautiful boys – smiling down at you with a sincere smile. He followed the rude boy into the room.

A surprising pat landed on your head, and you turned to the next boy. “Don’t mind him. Hyung is in a foul mood.” A boy winked at you, all attractive and suggestive. He then made a face and whispered, “Actually, I think he’s always in a foul-”

“Kai,” the boy behind him whined.

“Just telling her the truth, Lulu.” He shrugged his shoulders.

The other boy narrowed his eyes. Oh he’s adorable. “I’m your hyung.”

“I know, Lulu Hyung.” The Kai boy snickered and got inside the room.

“That kid,” the adorable boy sighed and shook his head, but he didn’t walk past you without a smile on his dazzling baby face. You felt slightly light headed.

The rest of the boys were either impassive or smiling at you. Well they smiled at you but they didn’t actually care – it was just like a symbol of politeness and basic gesture that should be done whenever they met a stranger.

You frowned. The tallest boy that talked to you didn’t exactly show you a polite gesture. But then they were all good looking. Extraordinarily good looking...

What the hell? You snapped to yourself. You shoved the thought to the back of your head and rushed to your class. You were in your senior year, you didn’t particularly need to be distracted by twelve beautiful boys now... or the rest of the year in this school, for that matter.

Let’s just settle for this cycle now: come to school, study, do homework, and graduate. Ogling a bunch of flower boys was not going to appear on your to-do list.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[A/N] First appearance of the wolves! I hope you like this, and sorry if this is boring :( This is the start of everything. Anyway thank you for subscribing, feel free to leave comments ^^