2

Days To Come

“I’m sorry I made you muddy, Master.” Jongup’s tail wagged as he spoke, indicating that he was anything but sorry. “You just touched my happy spot.” He put his hand over the aforementioned spot right on his sternum. “It feels so good when you put touches there, Master.”

I hadn’t been trying to give him the kind of touches that made his whole body twitch with glee, but apparently when washing him I had touched his apparent happy spot. In the end he had gotten me so wet and dirty that I gave in and just decided to take a bath with him. This only served to fill him with even more glee – which was physically manifested by bouncing up and down and slapping the water with his hands, flooding the entire bathroom. He was far too cute to get angry with, and the way his body twitched every time I touched him just made him even cuter. “Will you be a good boy as an apology?”

“I’m always a good boy~” He told me, a smug look on his face. He most certainly wasn’t always a good boy. “I’ll be an extra good boy today though. So Master can do his work.” I let out a sigh of relief when he mentioned letting me do my work, I knew he had to understand the importance. He was lucky to be spoiled and if I lost my job he wouldn’t be anywhere near as pampered as he had been. “Master will give Jonguppie treats for being so good?”

I scratched one of his ears, but chose not to respond to his request. He would have to show me that he could actually behave before I would even think about treats for him. He had to be really well behaved in order to get anything after the display of rebellion he had given me outside. “I’m going to wash your ears now, try not to fight back.” It wasn’t that he disliked it, he would have told me if he did, but apparently when I touched his ears he just wanted to move.

“I can’t promise anything~” He was already squirming in his spot by the time I had poured shampoo in my hand. I knew water was going to get everywhere again, but sometimes he felt apologetic enough to clean up after himself. This didn’t seem like one of those days though. He splashed some water up onto his hair, successfully soaking me rather than himself.

I smiled at him a little bit. “Good work, Jongupie.” He grinned, squirming even more now from the joy of being praised. Before he could get too excited I took my chances and put my hands on his head to lather him up with soap. He didn’t immediately belly flop into the bathtub, which gave me hope that I would be able to wash his tail as well.

I scratched my nails against his scalp, massaging it gently, as I rubbed the shampoo in to his hair. “Good touches, Master…” He groaned softly, eyes shut tight as his jaw went slack. He looked like the image of pure bliss. He moved slightly closer to me in what appeared to be an attempt to get more good touches. “Jongupie loves his master~” His whole body twitched when I scratched his ears, I had to clean them even better than I did his hair because they would start to smell a bit like damp dog if I wasn’t careful.

“I love my Jongupie too.” I kissed his nose as I carefully poured water over his head to get the soap out of his hair. “Can you dry your own ears?”

He shook his head, sending water all over the place. “I don’t like the ears drying machine. It’s too hot.” He whined and covered his ears with his hands. “Burns my ears.” I frowned a bit at him, I didn’t want to burn his ears but I also didn’t want him to smell bad. “No ears drying.”

“I’ll help you dry them once I finish my work then.” I was sure there was another way to keep him from smelling unpleasant. We could figure it out, we were smart. He nodded his head as the smile returned to his face. “If you’re a really good boy I’ll invite Junhong over to play with us tomorrow.”

He wagged his tail hard enough to splash me and bounced as I attempted to wash the rest of him. Yongguk’s pet was his best friend but they rarely got to spend time together. Yongguk and I had very different schedules and pets weren’t allowed to go places without their masters. “Can we go to the park park!” He gave me something that was in between a body slam and a hug, his entire body still squirming with joy. “We can chase small animals!”

“We’ll see, Baby. You have to behave.” I scratched his ears, laughing at the way his body tightened completely and fell over onto his side. The ways his body moved made no sense, but it was adorable.

He nodded his head as he got out of the bathtub. Apparently he was done bathing. I watched as he carefully wrapped his body in a towel the way I had taught him, “I told you, I always behave~ Bye-bye!” He his heel and ran out of the bathroom.

I quickly bathed myself, almost afraid of what he was doing in the living room all alone. He hated my work, and with the way he was behaving there was a very good chance he just decided to pee on my laptop or something equally as terrible. I couldn’t give other things attention if other things didn’t exist. “I’m on my way, Gup.”

He made a soft sound of fear and I knew he was doing something he wasn’t supposed to be doing. I didn’t even bother with a towel before I raced out to see what horrible thing he had done. Fortunately it just seemed that he was eating chips by my laptop. “I got hungry Master, you were gone for so long.”