You: 01

Look After You

A month has already passed and there hasn't been a single day let alone a minute that you haven't thought about Himchan. It's like when you look at a mirror, you see your reflection, but feel like there's still something missing. Someone missing.

 

You miss him waking you up in the morning with cute little text messages. You miss him surprising you with a trip to the nearest coffee and pastry shop, always buying you your favorite Americano and your favorite chocolate mousse. You miss seeing him smile, seeing him look at your eyes, telling you you're beautiful and repeating it until you believe him. You missed cuddling with him. You miss being with him. You miss his everything.

 

He was your definition of your perfect boyfriend. Unfortunately, he decided to break up with you, because he believed that he wasn't doing great being your boyfriend, and he wasn't treating you the way you should be truly treated. It was a mutual decision, or so you thought it was. Days after the break up, you were wrong. You realized you needed him. More than ever.

 

Even though the both of you have been mature enough to still stay friends after that, you still couldn't stop seeing him as your boyfriend, but you need to face the reality that things would never be the same again. Himchan can only be your best friend.

 

Him being that, he knew everything about you. Everything, except one thing you've been trying to keep from yourself - Leukemia. Two weeks ago, you were diagnosed. Your parents and your sister were there to support you. You didn't mind getting diagnosed, except that you hate seeing your family break down in tears as you do.

 

You, of all people, definitely know how hard it is, but the most you could do is to stay happy and strong to stop all your loved ones from worrying. You try hard to live your life normally even though you already know about your awful condition. And it wasn't easy.

 

Having Leukemia, you do not want people to treat you differently, and thinking about that, you hid that as a secret for quite a long time now. And so far, things are going smoothly. Everyone thinks you're okay. Everyone thinks you're happy. But you don't really care about people knowing. You only care about Himchan knowing about it.

 

You keep thinking that he will change once he knows. You keep thinking he would distance himself away from you, not talk to you. And you can't afford to have it that way. Now, he's one of the persons you need most. The one most important.

 

The only people who know about your condition is your parents, your sister, and your best friend, Jiyeon. You told Jiyeon you didn't want anything to change, and her being your best bud, she promised not to tell anyone.

 

You walk downstairs as the sun's rays hit your cheeks and sees your mom in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Turning around, she smiled at you. You see her hazelnut brown eyes sparkle as she looked at you as you sank down pn a chair by the dining table.

 

"Eat up, sweetie," your mom told you. You always loved it when she called you that. It made you feel extra special.

 

With a smile, you served yourself breakfast. As you ate, you truned back to your mom, asking, "What are you going to do today, mom?"

 

Your mom replied with a shrug. "I don't really know. But since it's Saturday, you and I could go shopping. Or we could catch a movie. Let's bring your sister along." Her face relaxed to a small smile.

 

You beamed. "That's great! I'll go tell her." With that, you raced up the stairs and into your little sister's room. As you opened the door, barging in, your little sister was so alarmed that she quickly hid something under her bed. You wanted to ask what it was, but you didn't bother to. Maybe it was just abother book she was reading.

 

"Hey kiddo, mom and I are going to see a movie today. Wanna come with us?" You ask.

 

Your sister nodded and grinned. "Yes, I'd love to. I'll be downstairs in a minute."

 

Before you reached the stairs you passed by your room, sky blue walls with paper cut outs of your favorite quotes about love and life. You and your younger sister decorated it together, and when you're inside that room you two could talk about a million things and never get tired. You can never imagine life without her.

 

That night, you found yourself strutting down the street with two of the people you certain you love - your mom and your sister. You felt the wind brush against your arms as you felt your phone vibrate from inside your pocket. Grabbing it, you smiled at the sight of your cellphone screen.

 

Messages [1] - From Himchan

 

You have got to admit, whenever you receive a text from him, you could lie around all day smiling at your phone like you're some kind of an idiot.

 

"Let's go on an adventure together!" The text said, making you laugh a little. He always has the cutest ways of asking you out, and basically "going on an adventure" means a trip downtown or getting some ice cream. You know you'd love to say yes - you couldn't say no to him - but you can't cancel on your family either.

 

With a small frown, you typed in, "Himchan, I really, really, really want to go on an adventure with you, but unfortunately, I can't right now. I'm with mom and my sister, I'm sorry. How about tomorrow?"

 

It took him a few moments to reply to your text. "Okay... :c"

 

How are you supposed to deal with that? To you, he's so perfect, it's unbelievable.