Youngjae's weird behaviour

Just A Replacement

 

Your phone rang shrilly. You fumbled with it in your pocket before pulling it out and answering.
 
"Xia, do you have time to spare now?" Youngjae said on the other line. 
 
"Youngjae oppa? Erm, yeah I have a short break now," you muttered, puzzled to why he had called you by your stage name. Normally, he had always addressed you by Yoomi. 
 
"Meet me at the entrance of TS. I feel like spending some time with my best friend's girlfriend." Youngjae vaguely replied. 
The phone line went dead. You tilted your head curiously, unable to comprehend Youngjae's bizarre behaviour. 
 
Nonetheless, you told your members that and left the practice with your belongings. You found Youngjae leaning against the glass door with a pair of shades on. He saw you and approached you. 
 
"Kaja! I know a café near TS that sell great drinks and dessert," Youngjae smiled at you and pulled you out of the door. 
 
"Oppa, why did you call me out for?" You attempted to start a conversation. 
 
"Haha, I just feel like having a date with my best friend's girlfriend. Sshh.. Don't tell Daehyun that I said that," Youngjae places a finger on his lips and winked at you. 
 
You chuckled lightly and gently punched him on the shoulder. Youngjae smiled slightly and walked ahead. You your lips, confused.
 
Soon, the two of you arrived at the café. You look up at the sign and gasped silently. It was Delight café, the café that you worked in before you became a member of Destiny. 
 
"Earth to Xia! Come on, let's go in. Isn't this the place where your sister used to work in?" Youngjae waved his hands in front of your face. You nodded numbly and followed him reluctantly into the familiar café. 
 
"Welcome to Delight ca-- hey Chanmi, is that you?" A voice called out which you recognised to be the boss. 
You bit your tongue and cursed silently. *Stupid Youngjae oppa! Why of all places he chose this café!* You put on a confused look and stared at that unnie. 
 
"Ah, you are mistaken! I'm not Chanmi, I'm Park Yoomi, Chanmi's twin sister!" You smiled a little too brightly at the boss and extended you hand out for a handshake. She frowned and stared at you weirdly, before forcing out a small smile too. 
 
"But you do look like Chanmi," that unnie uttered. 
 
"Haha, you're really funny. I'm Yoomi, not Chanmi," you laughed dryly. 
 
At the side, Youngjae gazed at you suspiciously and pursed his lips in thought. 
 
The two of you chose a table near a window and settled down. 
 
"I'll go order the drinks and dessert," Youngjae offered. You smiled gratefully at him. 
After a while, Youngjae came back with a tray full of food and drinks. 
 
"Vanilla latte for you! Isn't that your favourite, Xia?" Youngjae pleasantly smiled as he pushed the cup towards you. You blinked. *Wait, what? Did Youngjae oppa find out about the real me? Yoomi unnie probably told Youngjae oppa my favourite drink.* You shook the unsettling thought away. 
 
"Ehh, I thought that was Chanmi's favourite drink not mine?" You said. 
 
"Aren't you Chanmi?" Youngjae muttered under his breath. You frowned, not catching his words. 
 
"Oops, I'm sorry. I got confused for a while. Do you want me to change it for you?" Youngjae cleared his throat. His last sentence caused you to be more puzzled and you didn't understand what he had meant by that. You smiled awkwardly and shook your head in response. You sipped on your drink and pondered over his odd behaviour. 
 
----
 
The two of you were back at TS. Daehyun and the other BAP members had just came out. 
 
"You sneaky guy! Stealing my girlfriend when I'm not around," Daehyun joked as he pulled you into a hug. You were more comfortable and used to his sudden acts of skinship. It didn't bother you that much but you always felt a tingling feeling whenever he touched you. You chuckled and pushed against his chest lightly, before returning the hug. Daehyun smiled tenderly at you and pecked your forehead. You turned crimson at that contact and bit your lip. Youngjae snorted at the both of you. *I will see how much longer you can put on this act, Xia.* Youngjae thought. 
 
"Go and practice now, we'll come back with some snacks later," Yongguk said as the five boys trailed behind him. Youngjae nodded and waved at the boys. 
 
Youngjae waited until the the boys had left before turning to you, "let's go to the rooftop, I have something to tell you." He smirked mysteriously and dragged you to the stairs leading to the rooftop. You blinked rapidly and furrowed your brows before walking up the stairs with him. 
 
----
A/N: Hey guys! This is probably the last update I shall post before I go on the looooong hiatus. Please continue to support my stories and wait for me until I come back. Thank you and have a nice day ahead :) With lots of 💗, xoxokpop