He was as Pure as a White Rose

He was as Pure as a White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started about four years ago. By chance I found myself chatting with a guy. We soon became great friends. Although we haven’t seen each other I felt I could tell him everything, I confided to him about all the problems of my everyday life, I asked him for advices for my purchases and other stuff. After several months, I took courage and asked for his phone number, I really wanted to hear his voice, his laughter as I told him about the funny events or hearing him scolding me when I made some troubles. Unfortunately he refused. He said he didn’t want to risk ruining the magic of our virtual friendship. Therefore he proposed to become pen pals, according to him it was something more personal, we could keep all our letters in a beautiful and colorful box as in a lot of famous films that were fashionable once. As much as I wanted to speak with him directly, the idea of ​​the letters was really cute. I was really curious to see his handwriting. You can tell a lot about a person just by watching his calligraphy.

Every time I think about our letters I realize how much we talk about me. Our conversations always revolve around me. Not that I can complain, without his advices I think I couldn’t live. It's just that sometimes I wish I could know more about him.
He is really mysterious. He never told me his name. He simply asked me to write as recipient only "Mr. Happy Virus ". It 's always been a mystery how my letters arrived to him without a proper address. Happy Virus was his nickname on the site where we chatted for the first time. My nickname was Flash Baek, a nickname that was given to me as a kid when I still had fun recreating the disco lights with the light switch in my living room. My anonymity didn’t last long, in fact almost immediately I told him that I preferred to be called with my real name, Baekhyun. I am a very loud person, I like to talk and get acquainted. I might seem very sociable and it may seems like I have many friends, but actually, this is only appearance. To tell the truth, I’m a very insecure guy and with so few friends that they can be counted on the fingers of one hand, or better, on the thumb of one hand. Yes, because I think my only friend will always be him. Although he can’t be physically by my side, I have never felt abandoned or betrayed by him. In all the dark moments, I always remember how he has helped me to deal with my problems.
Like a few years ago when I quarreled for the umpteenth time with my boyfriend, Kris. You should know that Kris was my first crush. Ever since high school I've always admired and I did everything to get noticed by him. I even chose to go to his university and become a dentist. Then one day he opened a studio and I started to work for him. After some time finally Kris noticed that my interest went beyond mere friendship. So, I finally became his boyfriend. Initially I was on cloud nine. I was so happy that everything else didn’t matter. I was pretty annoyed when Happy Virus wrote to me to even think about my life and not only think about Kris. But as soon as the initial excitement faded I began to notice some little details.

 

October 8, 2011


Dear Happy Virus,
I hope you manage to cheer me up. Lately Kris is no longer the same. He doesn’t spend much time with me and it's as if he’s avoiding me. In general I have always been the one that organized our dates and the time we spent together, but in the last period it seems to me that he is trying to limit the time that he spends with me. He always have conventions about  new equipment and goes out of town. I’m concerned because now we only see each other at work. Maybe I'm too possessive? I don’t know ... I hope you’ll answer me soon. Your words always manage to calm me down and remove the anxiety.

See you soon, Baekhyun.

 

October 19, 2011


Dear Happy Virus,
Today I found a mold of lipstick on the neck of Kris. He says he stained it by accident while he was with a patient. I wanted to believe him, but later that evening I saw him move towards a bar with a woman and he gently her face ... ç_ç please tell me what should I do?! I'm desperate.


Please answer me as soon as possible, Baekhyun.

 

 

October 27, 2011


Dear Happy,
In the end I followed your advice and I talked about it with him. He explained everything. It was just a misunderstanding. To atone he gave me a copy of his apartment’s key. Now I'm really anxious, for many other reasons! I don’t know if I'm ready to live with him. Maybe I could stop by his house just a few days of the week? What would you do in my place?


XOXO Baek!

 

 

November 6, 2011


Dear Happy,
Happy Virus, where are you?! I need to talk to someone so badly, that’s why I started to write this letter as soon as I could. This afternoon I went to Kris’ apartment , I wanted cook dinner and surprise him because today  is  his birthday. He theoretically was supposed to be busy because of work. When I entered his apartment I immediately heard strange noises. I was scared because I thought there were thieves, so I grabbed a frying pan to defend myself and I went to see what it was. Now I really wish they were thieves ... Instead I saw Kris and a woman kissing passionately pressed against his wardrobe. Because of the shock I dropped the pan out of hand and so they saw me. The worst thing was that Kris didn’t seem worried at all about my presence. After seeing his cold eyes for a few seconds I felt mine starting to fill with tears. So I ran away. I know I’m a coward, but I didn’t know what to do ...        I still don’t know what to do! So I'm here to filling this stupid piece of paper with tears and ink...
Please I need you. Answer me as soon as you can.

Your Friend Baekhyun.

I could never comprehend how Happy Virus could answer me so fast, but every time I wrote him the following morning I always found his response letter in the mailbox. His letters smelled of honey. I should have given more weight to this detail.
Fortunately, his words helped me to deal with my situation with Kris. Eventually I discovered that he had decided to indulge my feelings only because I was useful at work. He was never a very sociable person, in fact most of his clients chose his studio because of me.
He had never been interested in me. He just used me.
I would certainly have fallen into the abyss of depression and perhaps self-injury if it hadn’t been for Happy. Although it may seem kind of obvious, he made me realize that my life was not as bad as I thought. For example, I rediscovered the love for my work. I realized I love watching people smile. So now I go once a week to volunteer in orphanages by providing free dental care. The smiles of all those children really are the sunlights that brighten up my days.
I changed my workplace. Now I work with Dr. Junmyeon. He’s very kind, I feel like I have found a new brother.
In the new dentist clinic I have many new customers who already loves me as much as I love them. For example there’s this very shy boy, Sehun. He was very ashamed to speak at school because many deride him for his lisp because of his braces. He immediately captured my hear with his tenderness, so I tried to help him gain more self-esteem. Then there was another guy that I remember particularly well, Jongin. He came often to fill of his teeth's cavities. From what I understood, his boyfriend, Kyungsoo, was studying for becoming a pastry chef and made him taste a lot of sweets. Too bad that the poor Jongin had a very weak tooth enamel, so although he washed his teeth regularly, every now and then he ended up having some tooth decay.


Then there was my favorite patient. I had also spoke about him with Happy Virus. He was a really weird guy. His name was Chanyeol. He had a perfect smile and his teeth were naturally very white and, despite this, every weeks he would come to do a checkup. Sometimes he wanted to do some dental cleaning, others he said he felt a slight discomfort in his mouth, so he was afraid to have some tooth decay. At the end of his checkups, that always lasted very little, we talked a lot. He was a really nice and sweet guy, he was going to never stop smiling. In his prese

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter