Happy Kiss Day

Happy Kiss Day

Excited? No, that was not the word, but Eli was definitely looking forward to what he had planned. It wasn’t anything special, it just was watching a movie with Dongho. He checked his look one last time in the rear mirror and got out of the car.
Dongho had completely forgotten about the day and planned event so it caught him by surprise when Eli was suddenly standing in front of the door in the early afternoon.
“What are you doing here?” he asked bewildered.
“Well, what am I doing here…” Eli waited a second and looked at Dongho “Oh please, you can’t have forgotten about it. You were the one who pestered me for weeks to do something together today.”
“No, of course I didn’t forget, silly.” Dongho said embarrassed and secretly still clueless “Come in.”
Eli sighed as he entered the flat and followed Dongho to the kitchen.

 

“I was just about to fix myself something to eat. Are you in for that?”
“Actually I brought potato chips, but if you want food we can do that.” Eli replied.
Dongho hastily cleaned the mess in the kitchen, a bit uncomfortable about the pile of dirty dishes. Eli watched him, already guessing he had a busy week.
“Where are you parents? Business trip?”
“On some event in Europe. Three weeks, I don’t know.”
Eli nodded.
“I see. You didn’t sleep much the last few days, huh?”
Dongho looked up in surprise.
“How did you know that?”
Eli pointed to the kitchen counter.
“Cold coffee. A whole can of coffee. You never drink that.”
“If you like that stuff it can’t be that bad.” Dongho answered to distract Eli. Then he noticed how nicely dressed Eli was and became very conscious of the pajama he was still in.
“Do you mind if I leave for a second?”
“Sure, go ahead.” Eli said and gently pushed Dongho out of the kitchen, hands lingering on the other’s hips just a little longer.

 

While Dongho tried to dress himself for whatever Eli had originally planned, Eli attacked the pile of dirty dishes and boiled water for a simple pasta meal. Dongho looked pleasantly surprised as he entered the kitchen and saw Eli stirring the sauce.
“What are you making?”
“Just pasta with some cheese sauce.” Eli put the lid on the pot and turned to muster Dongho. He grinned.
“Did you dress up for me?” he asked seemingly pleased.
“I could ask you the same.” Dongho mirrored Eli’s grin.
“Stating the obvious?” Eli lowered his voice, flirtatious.
Dongho wasn’t entirely sure if he had heard right or not.

That was when they heard the sizzling of the boiling water spill on the stove. Quickly Eli turned around to lift the lid off the pot.
“Maybe you should focus on the food instead of my looks.”
Eli snorted at that comment and decided to say nothing.

 

Dongho set up the table and happily dug into the pasta Eli served him. Eli watched him contently. When Dongho ate he had this blissful look on his face that Eli enjoyed way too much. Especially pleasing was how there would be sauce in the corner of Dongho’s lips without him noticing.
Eli leaned forward, stretching his arm out to wipe the sauce off the corner. Dongho froze in surprise of the sudden touch. He gulped.
“Thank you.” he stammered unsure of what to say.
“Actually yes, you are welcome.” Eli couldn’t help himself but flirt, biting his lower lip ever so slightly. Dongho mumbled something, secretly enjoying the attention Eli gave him and got up to wash the dishes in the sink.
“So…” Eli appreciated the sight of Dongho’s shoulders moving and the muscles of his upper arm flexing “which movie do you want to watch first?”
At that Dongho remembered their talk about watching a few superhero movies together.
“X-Men – Wolverine of course. “
“You want to watch that?”
“It was your idea.” Dongho shrugged.

 

Eli grabbed the bag with the snacks, beverage and dvds and they settled down in the living room. Dongho closed the blinds to darken the room while Eli started the movie. They got comfortable on the couch, Dongho wriggling closer to enjoy the heat radiating from Eli’s body. At some point during the movie Dongho got dizzy, not noticing how Eli got out his phone to tweet something. His head slid down to rest on Eli’s shoulder.
Eli glanced down at Dongho, paused the movie and slowly combed through Dongho’s hair.
“Are you very tired?” he asked softly.
“No.” Dongho answered, not exactly convincing.
“You could have just told me that you are tired.” Eli said and then added teasingly “You could have also told me that you forgot about today.”
“I am sorry.” Dongho mumbled, hiding his face in the joint of Eli’s neck and shoulder.
“It’s okay, you know.” Eli assured Dongho and pulled him closer. Dongho lifted his head.

 

“What is it about today anyway?”
“It is just that today on this very day we can enjoy my White Day present for you, which I gave you even though I didn’t receive chocolate from you on Valentine’s Day like the others did.”
“It is not like I forgot about you.” Dongho whispered and continued utterly confused “What about this very special day?”
“I knew you’d forget about today.” Eli whispered just like Dongho did before.
“Tell me.” Dongho simply stated. Eli smirked.
“I’d rather show you.”
Dongho stared as Eli leaned closer to his face, placing one hand on his cheek. He gently pressed his lips against Dongho’s.
“Happy Kiss Day.” Eli whispered, leaning their foreheads together, his eyes closed.

Dongho smiled.