A Place For Me; Not Anymore!

Expect the Unexpected

 

COLORS:
Woori (you)
Sungjong
Mom
Sunggyu

Chapter 5: A Place For Me; Not Anymore!

Your POV:
I head into my house and go upstairs to pack my clothes. Hopefully some miracle occurs and I’ll be able to say goodbye to my family. Even if they hate me, I can’t just leave without telling them. That would be so wrong. …I can’t believe I’m really going through this. This all feels like a dream. A nightmare, to be specific. I stuff some clothing into my backpack, along with a wad of money I’ve been saving up since I was a kid. I guess this is all I need. It’s not like I’m leaving forever. Right? Err, right? Well, either way. It has been made clear that I no longer belong here because of this power that I suddenly have. So I have no choice but to leave. I can’t just hide in the silence of my room forever. Going to an academy just for people like me would really help. I’ve just never been a spontaneous person. And this is definitely spontaneous. I hear the sound of the front door opening downstairs. No way, it has been an hour already? Is Sunggyu here to take me to Woolim? I feel like it’s only been five minutes. I peer over the banister, and see not Sunggyu, but Sungjong and Mom. What’s Sungjong doing here? He’s supposed o be at school… Sungjong notices me and waves for me to come downstairs.
“Woori! I’ve been looking all over for you!” Sunjong runs over and gives a hug that almost knocks me off my feet.
“What do you mean you’ve been looking?”
“I came to your class during lunch so we could eat together, but you weren’t there. Your classmates all said you freaked out and ran away screaming and you didn’t come back since then.”
“O-oh, right…” Good thing I don’t have to go back there anytime soon…
“I came over to make sure you were okay~!”
“I’m fine.”
“Are you sure? You look worried about something.”
“Ah, well… There is something actually.” Here it goes…
“Ever since I hit my head yesterday, something hasn’t been right. Don’t think I’m crazy, but I can hear what everyone is thinking!”
“What? She can’t be serious! But she looks serious…”
“I knew she was acting weird yesterday… But is that actually possible?”

“I am serious and it is possible! I heard everything you were thinking about.” I stare mostly at my mother, whose face is getting more and more sweaty.
“Honey, I think you’re just confused.”
“I AM confused; I don’t know why this is happening. But I really can read minds.”
“Ugh, this is ridiculous! She’s been watching too many movies!”
“I haven’t been watching too many movies!”
“W-what?!”
“Damn, this isn’t good! Lalalalalalala!”
“But how could something like this happen?”
“I don’t know, but that isn’t all. I can’t go to school anymore with this power. It’s too confusing to hear everyone’s thoughts all the time… There’s a school called Woolim where people with these powers can attend. And I’m supposed to go there so I can learn how to control my telepathy.”
“Noooooooo!” Sungjong starts to cry and latches onto me. His small body is shaking with sobs. I had a feeling he wouldn’t take it very well.
“You absolutely cannot go!”  Sunggyu opens the door and enters without even bothering to knock.
“It’s been one hour.”
“Already?”
“Hey, who are you?” Sunggyu ignores my mom completely and looks at me instead.
“Are you ready to go?”
“Yeah, I think I am.”
“Excuse me!”
“…What?”
“Who are you? You can’t just walk into people’s houses without introducing yourself.”
“I’m here to take Woori to Woolim. That’s all you need to know.”
“I haven’t given her permission to go to this place! I don’t even where it is. What’s the tuition?” I knew it… That’s all she’s worried about! Money!
“That will be taken care of by the school administrator. Now let’s go.”
“Wait! I’ve never heard of this place before.”
“It’s troublesome for too many people to know about it.” Sunggyu looks over at me again, seeming irritated.
“Why are you taking so long?”
“Sorry, I’m ready.”
“Woori, wait! You can’t just leave!”
“Sunggyu-sshi, are visitors allowed at the academy?”
“Yes, since it’s a boarding school visitors are allowed.”
“Does this mean I can come see you all the time?”
“You can visit me whenever you want.”
“Yay!”
“I’m leaving.”
“Okay, okay! I’m coming. I guess I’ll see you guys later. And tell Dad that, too. Bye.”
“Good luck!”
“Good riddance!” I guess she already forgot I know what she’s thinking. Oh well, clearly, this isn’t a place for me to stay anymore. I follow after Sunggyu as he leads me outside.

 


 

Sorry if it's late and i haven't fulfilled my promise of 2 chapters.. =_=
I've been busy because of school lately and now the exams are over..

Mianhe yo subbies..