Living in Guilt

Living in Guilt

Hyuna’s POV

It’s been exactly seven months since my sister’s suicidal death. I will never forgive that bastard who made my sister come to such decision. I will make him regret it and live in guilt forever.

Let me introduce myself; I’m Kim Hyuna, Taeyeon’s younger sister. I’m 21 years old and now I have been transferred from my old university to Seoul University. It seems like I was transferred to my sister’s class. Tiffany and Jessica have been living in the past but like all other’s they hate Kim Heechul. That bastard is the one who deserves to die, not my sister.

Oops look at the time, almost late if I don’t hurry up. Slipping into my boots; it was winter now. I opened the door and looked back at the now lonely and empty house. I found out the truth, our parent’s had abandoned us, not working overseas to support us. I guess my sister knew it but kept it from me, not wanting me to be hurt. But I’m more hurt after finding out you committed suicide.

A sigh escaped my lips as I closed and locked the door of my house. I decided to walk to the university today.

You’ll be late. My own voice said to me.

I don’t care. I need to sort things out.

Like what? That bastard named Kim Heechul?

Yeah, him and figure out ways to make him suffer in more guilt.

Evil now aren’t we?

I have always been since I found out that she had suicided because of him. Jessica and Tiffany is even more pain. They’re best friends.

But you’re more affected because you’re Taeyeon’s younger sister.

I stopped talking to my own voice as I stood in front of the gate which read ‘Seoul University’. A sigh escaped my lips again as I made my way to the reception office.

“Excuse me; I’m the new student Kim Hyuna. I was transferred from Seoul Performing Arts University.” I said softly.

The lady looked up and let a soft “ah” out before searching for a few papers. It took long enough just to give me a timetable and a map of the campus.

“Your first class is music class. It’s on the second floor, first room on the left that you see.” She said in a not-interested tone.

“Thank you,” I gave her a fake smile and went to my classroom with her so-simple directions.

It took me a while to find my room because she didn’t tell me which building and it wasn’t in this building but in another building called Music Department. Some receptionist she is. I was able to find my classroom when I bumped into Jessica who had gone to the toilet.

“Mr Kim, the new student is here. She got lost and I happen to bump into her.” Jessica said and then whispered something to him; probably telling him that I’m Taeyeon’s younger sister.

Jessica had gone back to her seat as the teacher; Mr Kim cleared his voice.

“Class, we have a new student today. She was transferred here from Seoul’s Performing Arts University.”

“Kim Hyuna, please to meet you.” I said in cold and flat tone.

That’s very nice of you Hyuna.

I’m not planning on making any friends here. The only ones I consider as friends are only Jessica and Tiffany; no one else.

“Hyuna-shi, why don’t you sit beside Jessica?”

I nodded and made my way to Jessica and sat down beside her.

‘Can you tell me more about that bastard later?’ I wrote down on a piece of paper and passed it to Jessica who nodded after looking at the paper.

Throughout the class, I didn’t pay attention to Mr Kim’s lectures because all his lectures I already know. I guess it runs in the family; both my sister and I are smart, not that I’m bragging or anything.

You are.

My thoughts on were how did this Kim Heechul looked like. How on earth did my sister fall in love with him despite him bullying her, and most of all how to make him regret it?

“Hyeri-shi, is my class that boring for you to text someone during my class?” I heard Mr Kim’s cold voice.

I looked up and saw a girl; her hair tied up into a pony-tail holding her phone and texting in class. Wow I never knew such people existed in university. I wonder why they even apply into this course if they’re going to text someone during class.

“I-I’m sorry,” the Hyeri girl apologized but I saw her secretly roll her eyes. “But why are you always picking on me?” she asked lifting her head up high. “Is it because I’m Heechul’s younger sister?”

Heechul…?

“I’m not picking on you because you’re Kim Heechul’s younger sister but because you’re always texting someone during my class.” Mr Kim clarified as he raised an eyebrow up questioning her silence. “I expect of this no more. I will confiscate your phone for now. You can take it back at the end of the lesson,” He said and took her phone despite Hyeri’s protests.

“So you’re Kim Heechul’s younger sister?” I said to myself but allowing her to hear it.

Hyeri turned around and gave me an innocent expression in which I returned it with a fake one.

“I’m Hyuna, nice to meet you.” I said with such a fake friendly tone.

“I’m Hyeri, Kim Heechul’s younger sister.” She said and offered her hand; asking me to shake her hand and so I did.

(Two hours later)

Class had ended and now it was lunch break. Now that I know that Kim Heechul has a younger sister, I now know what to do in order for him to regret things.

Don’t go too far.

Oh, I’m not that evil enough to kill someone just because my own sister suicided because of that bastard.

Jessica had told me about Heechul after class ended and that Hyeri girl filled in it even more for me. Apparently Heechul had no feelings for my sister at first but after knowing her suicide death he felt extremely guilty and had a weird feeling in his chest. Hah, too late to have feelings for her now.

I’m now on the rooftop with Hyeri eating our lunch there. I should ask her about my sister, to see if she knows anything before my sister attempted the suicide.

“Hyeri-ah,” I said while munching on my sandwich. “Do you know anything before about Kim Taeyeon’s suicide attempt?”

“Kind of and I do blame it on my brother,” She looked around and leaned in. “Can you promise me not to tell anyone?”

I tilted my head. “Does anyone else know this beside me?”

She nodded her head. “My brother’s friend’s knows about it but they did nothing. Anyways this is what happened.” She took a deep breath before opening . “It was lunch break, Taeyeon sunbae was eating with her two best friends; Jessica and Tiffany. Nothing happened but after the two left early to do their assignment, my brother appeared.” She sighed and shook her head. “While he was talking to Taeyeon sunbae, sunbae seemed like she was zoning out and my brother did the mean thing ever, he poured orange juice over her. When I saw that, I immediately ran over to my brother and told him off but I couldn’t console Taeyeon sunbae because she had already run off; to the girls toilet I believe.”

“What did you do after you told your brother off?” I asked. Oh ho~ this is getting interesting.

“I chased after Taeyeon sunbae of course; I couldn’t just leave her alone. But when I got there, I couldn’t find her. I checked all the toilets and in one of them I saw her things; her bag scattered on the floor but what got my attention was a piece of paper folded in half with ‘To Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung’ written on one of the folded side.

I got curious so I picked it up and read the letter. I got a big shock, immediately ran out of the toilet and went to find the two of them; which was easy because they were still in the library. The three of us ran around the campus trying to find her. I went everywhere but when I got nearer to this building, I looked up and saw Taeyeon sunbae. I screamed when she leaned forward and fell off the rooftop.”

“So it’s your entire brother’s fault? He bullied Taeyeon, leading her to suicide?” I spoke trying to hold in my anger which is not doing any good because my tone was already loud and icy enough to scare Hyeri.

“Why are asking all this?” Hyeri asked; still not knowing that I’m Taeyeon’s younger sister.

I calmed down a bit and sighed. “Sorry,” I gave her a fake smile. “Do you know where I can find your brother? Oh don’t worry, I’m just going ask why he was bullying her of all me.” I said softly.

“The cafeteria, you can always find him there.”

I left without a word and immediately headed towards the cafeteria.

How do you expect to find Kim Heechul when you don’t know how he looks like?

Oh , you’re right. I mentally slapped myself. I turned around to a seemingly loud voice; my eyes caught a fairly feminine looking guy and tilted my head.

“That’s Kim Heechul sunbae if you’re questioning who he is.” A student said nodding towards the guy I was looking at.

So that’s Kim Heechul. Yuck~ how girly.

“Some sunbae that bastard is.” The student said before walking off.

Making my way to the counter, I ordered a large cappuccino and waited for it to be made. I kept my eyes on Kim Heechul.

“One large cappuccino,” the guy said.

I thanked the guy and slowly made my way over to Heechul; looking as if I was trying to find a table. Pretending that I didn’t see him stand up and walking towards my direction, I pretended to trip and bump straight into Heechul.

Score~

My cup of cappuccino crashed into his shirt; dropping onto the ground, dirtying his white sneakers. Hah, serves you right.

“Oops,” I said sticking my tongue out.

I looked around; all eyes of the students in the cafeteria were looking at me and Heechul. Woo~ way to go Kim Hyuna. Plan A success~

“Watch where you are going,” He said with an expression which makes me want to punch him here right now.

“Well, it should be you that should be looking where you’re going.” I snapped. “I just tripped.” I half smiled and half giving him a smirk.

“Who are you? I’m you’re senior you know,” Heechul said putting on a face; tired of dealing with people.

“Me?” I scoffed, “I’m Kim Taeyeon’s younger sister and there’s no need for a senior like you to know my name.” I hissed.

Heechul stood there speechless; the students in the cafeteria stopped eating and stared at me with wide eyes.

I glared at Heechul and smirked, “I will never forgive you,” My tone darkening. “You made me lose my one and only family member. You will regret this.” I stalked away not bothering to clean up the mess I made.

I didn’t go back to class, I went straight back home as I locked myself up in my sister’s room and cried to myself. I don’t know how long I’ve cried for but I was hungry; really hungry. Sniffing as I looked up, the clock read 4:30 pm. Wow, that long?

I got back up, walking into the bathroom.

Gosh someone looks like a monster.

I looked at myself in the mirror; red puffy eyes and smeared eyeliner. I sighed, turning on the water and washed my face. I headed downstairs and unwillingly made myself some food.

If only – 

If only Taeyeon was here.

Yes, if only you were here. Another sigh escaped my lips, I don’t know how many times I’ve sigh for the past seven months but it’s tiring me out. Deciding to skip dinner, I went up to my room and started my laptop. As I waited for it to load, I went to take a shower to clear my mind.

After a long 30 minute shower, I dried myself with a clean towel and dressed in pyjamas; that had Donald duck on the shirt. I took my laptop and set it on my pillow as I lay down flat on my stomach. I typed in my username and password to log into my blog.

My blog is pretty popular since my blogs are based on my own personal life but my name is anonymous. I created a new post and started to type everything happened during the past seven months and what happened today. Until I felt satisfied I posted it up, and minutes later a lot of bloggers had re-blogged my post, send me a message or even replied to it.

Why is it so quiet I thought?

You haven’t put on music.

Oh no wonder. I wonder if my sister talked to her own voice. Opening my music folder I double-clicked on the song called Heaven. My sister often sings this song a lot so whenever I listen to this song, I imagine that it’s her that singing this song.

Humming to the song, I had my eyes closed and without me noticing I had fell asleep.

(30 minutes later)

I woke up with a jolt; sitting up-right, I stared at the position I was in. How did I get into a sleeping position? Why is my laptop on the table? I remember it was still on my pillow and why is the blanket on me? I don’t remember putting away the laptop…

Okay this is freaky. I heard my sister’s voice just before I fell asleep and as if she was beside me…

You’re imagining things Hyuna.

Yes, that must be it. I must be too tired and I’m imagining things. Feeling extremely hungry I went downstairs and the moment I entered the kitchen I saw a white figure standing in front of the stove. The white figure turned around and smiled at me.

“You’re up Hyuna, come sit. I’ve made you dinner.” It was my sister’s voice and the figure looked exactly like my sister.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked a couple of times and the white figure was gone. Was everything just my imagination? That was a ghost just then right? Or is it my sister’s spiritual form? Either way that’s just creepy but … even so … I still miss her.

With a sigh I went to re-heat the food that I made earlier and sat down at the dining table. I looked up and sighed for ump time.

“The house is just so … empty without you.” I said softly.

As if there was a ghost in the house, I felt a hand pat my head; a warm and loving hand as if it was my own sister’s hand. I felt scared but at the same time I felt less lonely so I ignored the scared feeling and continued eating while I still felt the hand patting my head.

(One month later)

“Hyuna-ah, where were you yesterday? I didn’t see you for the whole day except in the morning.” Jessica pouted as she linked arms with me.

“Jessica… I have something to tell you. I think I’m going crazy right now…”

“Why do you say that?” Tiffany said as she linked her arm with my other arm.

When I told them what I saw or felt for past one month, both of them stared at me with wide eyes. Okay… I guess that was a bad idea to tell them. Now they think I’m crazy.

“No way, that happened to you too?” Jessica whispered.

Yeah… wait a minute, “You too?” I questioned. “What do you mean by that?”

“What you just said, we experienced it too. A few times actually…” Tiffany said. “But it feels like… Taeyeon’s soul hasn’t left this world yet. I don’t know…”

“Rather than feeling scared less … it makes us feel less… you know… less lonely.” They both shrugged as I just nodded.

So you’re not the only one. I wonder if it’s some kind of sign.

What sign?

Probably to stay back and watch over you guys while she haunts Kim Heechul. Kekeke

Oh as if she’ll do that… on second thought… she might.

Jessica and Tiffany parted ways as we all went different ways to our class. On my way I bumped into Heechul and gave him a glare that sent hatred to him.

“Sorry,” I heard him mumble.

“What –” I opened my mouth to say something to him but both of us stared at the white figure that stood between us.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times but the figure stood there while Heechul took a few steps back.

“I thought you’re… you’re…” he stuttered.

“That I’m dead?” the white figure asked. “Well, I am dead since I did fall off the rooftop. How do you expect me to be alive after that?”

Then why is my sister here… talking to us… to Kim Heechul.

“You’re a ghost right?” He asked gulping in fear and guilt.

“Yes.” My sister said with a smile before fading away.

I stared at Heechul, “You can see her too?”

Heechul didn’t say anything, but before he could run off I pulled him back. I glared at him; looking straight into his eyes. I didn’t care if my ghostly sister was around but I have to make this clear.

“Kim Heechul, the day I found out that you were responsible for my sister’s suicide. I will, I can never forgive you. I hope you live in guilt forever.”