A Hearted Girl

A Hearted Girl

HEARTED GIRL<3

 

 

“What happened to us Hyo?”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

How am I going to answer that question when it wasn’t even my fault in the first place? I’m not the one who left… And absolutely not the one who let go…

 

 

 

BUT…

 

 

 

 

 

--- It also makes me wonder what really did happen to us???

 

 

We were so good together. So perfect, others tell us. But why did we really break up???

 

 

 

“Ugh!!! He’s such a JERK!!!”

 

 

I turned around and saw Sooyoung furiously entered our place.

 

“Hey what’s wrong?”

 

“Ugh! You wouldn’t believe this! I almost had an accident with my precious baby. That Stupid SUV driver!!! So thick skinned!!! Just because he was driving a handsome car, he already thinks that he can own the whole road. Ugh!!!”

 

“Well, Good thing you’re okay.”

 

“Oh! He should be thankful for that Hyo, because if he puts a scratch on my baby, I swear that it will be the start of WW III!”

 

 

I don’t know if I should feel sorry for her or for the driver of the SUV, if I myself (especially my ears) are already bleeding from how loud her voice was, I just can’t imagine how much he suffers from Sooyoung’s wrath.

 

By the way, before I forgot-- Sooyoung is my roommate and also my best friend. We’ve been sharing this condo unit for about a year now ever since that “thing” happened. And-- also because I just feel like I need to have a new environment, of course I got this idea from those “How-To-Move-On-From-A-Break-Up” books…

 

 Here are some of the list if you want to know:

 

1.)    Cry your heart out. Don’t force yourself, you are hurt, you are broken, you are emotional. Let it all out.

2.)   Eat sweets. Don’t let bitterness eat you alive, sweets can make you feel better.

3.)   Get up! Your Damsel-In-Distress peg is now over. You have to keep moving, the world won’t stop just because you are hurting so get your up and wait for your real Knight and Shinning Armor.

4.)   Re-invent yourself. Do a make-over, get a haircut. Show your ex what he just lost.

5.)   New environment. Don’t go to places you two always go to that will just bring back memories for memories can make you linger, and that’s not good in moving on. A new environment is much better because you can make new happy memories.

6.)   Smile. Do it more often, you’ll never know maybe your Prince Charming is just a few steps away from you. You have to look your best!

 

 

The list goes on but yeah I’m doing them and I’m moving on…

 

 

 I hope.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

 

“Hyo please talk to me.”

 

 

There he goes again.

 

Why do you even have to come back when I’m already moving on? Why now???

 

Don’t you know that I’m almost ready to let go your hands? But here you are again trying to make things more complicated by tightening your grip on me. What am I suppose to do now?

 

 

“There’s nothing to talk about Junho. Please, I want to sleep already, I have work tomorrow.”

 

“Hyo, I’m sorry. And I swear to God, I regret giving up on us…”

 

 

Regret your face!!! You made me cry for one whole year and now you’re asking me what??? HA! You wish!!! >.<

 

 

“Okay, apology accepted. So can I sleep now?”

 

“Alright. I know you hate me for breaking your heart, for ruining what could’ve been a great relationship but, I’ll wait… until I put back all the pieces of your heart that I broke, together. And--”

 

I didn’t wait for him to finish his speech and just tapped the end button on my phone.

 

“Ugh!”

 

I turned off my lamp shade and get ready to sleep when I heard a certain voice.

 

“You just wasted those books Hyo.”

 

I looked at the door where the voice is coming from and I saw Sooyoung standing there with her arms crossed while looking my way, staring at me.

 

She rolled her eyes and sat beside me.

 

“You still love him don’t you?”

 

I just shrugged.

 

“I told you! Those moving on/ letting go books are just a joke. Because in the end, that stubborn heart of yours will still be the one who will break through.”

 

She then poked the part of my chest where my heart is located and i just looked down.

 

“It hurts Soo...”

 

“I know it hurts, because that’s how it is when it comes to lov-”

 

“Pabo! What I meant is the way you pointed on my chest! It hurts you know.”

 

I crinkled my nose and massage the part where she poked.

 

“Your nails are too long! You need to cut it!”

 

She then looked at her nails and felt guilty.

 

“Sorry bestie!”

 

She said and hugged me. She was about to let go of me when I hugged tighter.

 

“You’re right Soo. Am I stupid?”

 

“No Hyo.  You’re not stupid… But you WILL BE-- if you will not follow what’s in your heart… You know, even if we know what’s right for us there will always be that one time where we follow what’s wrong—you know why?”

 

“uhmm…”

 

“That’s because… Sometimes, the wrong things that we do in our life are the things that will make us happy. Just like now, others may judge you. They might say that you’re stupid, numb, crazy and so on but who cares? It will still be your decision since it’s your life.

 

WHY!?! Are they the one who will comfort you when you cry at night just because you missed him so much??? No right!!!? So it’s none of their business.”

 

“So…”

 

Sooyoung finally let go of me.

 

“I’m telling you to give it another shot. This time, you are the boss. Give him a chance but make sure to give him a hard time before you give him your precious thing there.”

 

She said while lowering her gaze from my eyes.

 

“Yah! What do you mean by giving him my precious thing?”

 

I yelled as I hit her shoulders.

 

“Ouch! Yah! What are you thinking? What I meant by your precious thing is your heart you dummy! Aigoo~~ Stop being so green minded Hyo!”

 

Sooyoung said as she keeps on laughing.

 

“I’m not green minded Soo. It’s just that your face suggests something else.”

 

“Aigoo~ stop making excuses okay! But anyways, Think of what I told you and don’t forget to make him suffer okay?! Show him that you’re not the girl who should be played around. Especially not the one who should be neglected and be pushed aside. And if ever he will hurt you again just forget about him completely and find someone else! There’s so many guys lined up just for you Hyo, don’t forget that.”

 

“Thanks Soo, you’re the best!”

 

I hugged her once again.

 

“You’re welcome, you know… I will not do this If not only my ears are hurting from your sobs every night >.< Anyways, I’ll sleep now… Need my beauty rest! Goodnight my choding friend :P”

 

“Night Soo!”

 

She kissed me on the cheek before she left and I then picked up my phone and saw a message.

 

From: Junho

I love you Hyo, I always do. I don’t want to make excuses anymore for all the wrong things I did to you, for all the tears and pain I brought to you. I know I’m a jerk, , stupid, you can call me worse I don’t care. Just please… Give me another chance Hyo and I promise I won’t blow this one out. Just one Hyo, so I can show you how much I love you, how much I missed you and how sorry I was for leaving you. I know words are not enough so please give me another chance to correct all the wrong things I’ve done.

 

I love you Hyo. And I’m here just in case…

 

I smiled when I saw his text. I stood up, turned my lights on and went in front of my window. I pushed aside the curtains and opened my window… There I saw him outside, looking at me.

 

I felt my phone vibrates. He called…

 

“Hm?”

“Sorry Hyo… Please--”

“Alright. You win.”

“What?!”

 

I tried not to smile when I saw the shocked and confused look on his face.

 

“Another chance Junho, blow it and were over for good. No more third, fourth & fifth chances understand?!”

 

I pressed the end call button and looked at his haggard no-sleep but still oh-so-handsome face.

 

“Goodnight Junho!”

 

I shouted then I closed the window and curtain while still looking at him.

 

I then texted him.

 

“I don’t want a zombie for a boyfriend Junho, go home and get some sleep.”

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

“And yes I love you too.”

 

After I sent that, I soon saw Junho jumping and shouting outside.

 

“Wooh!!! I love you KIM HYOYEON!!! I love you so much!!! Wooohh!!!”

 

I laughed as I watched him run around like a little kid.

 

From: Junho

I love you Hyo! I love you. I love you. I love you! I promise, no—I won’t promise I’ll just show you. My 2nd chance will be worth it, Love you. Goodnight! See you tomorrow!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After that I went to my bed with a tear on my eyes but this time it’s not because I’m hurt or heartbroken but because I’m happy. Too happy actually…. ^-^  because after a year, I can call myself again a HEARTED GiRL <3