An only child

Never look back
Chapter 18
 
Joon’s POV
 
Both of us packed like crazy, however I was limping and Minkyung couldn’t stop coughing. I stuffed the clothes into the bag my friends brought me and slipped on my shoes. When tying my laces I turned nauseous, but my spirit kept up and I limped as fast as possible downstairs. Minkyung followed. I almost reached the exit when a nurse called me. 
 
“Joon Lee you need to give us your insurance card before you leave!” 
 
I walked to the woman and finished all paper stuff, when reaching the car Minkyung was already laughing with the boys. 
 
“It’s not fair!” 
 
“Who cares if it’s fair, I want ice cream”  
 
Seungho drove us all home. When we finally sat down on my couch, Seungho looked at me. 
 
“What happened yesterday? Why were you all beaten up?” he questioned me.
 
“Don’t worry about it, I finished that business already” I put a fake smile on and tried to convince everyone that I was fine. We ordered a Pizza and Minkyung even opened up a bit towards my friends.
 
While chewing I stated “Well now that you all know Minkyung, I should maybe introduce her properly to you guys” everybody nodded at me. I smiled reassuringly at Minkyung and she smiled back.
 
“I met Minkyung at school and she has problems at home, so we decided that its best she stays here, as she doesn’t have any siblings” I told them some more details, but noticed how Minkyung started to doze off. She didn’t listen anymore and her eyes looked far away. 
We finished eating and the boys had to go home. I thanked them all and was left alone with Minkyung. 
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“Nothing” she replied a bit too quick.
 
“Minkyung I promised to look after you, so tell me what’s bugging you. I know something’s up”
 
She paused. “Why do you think I am an only child?”
 
I swallowed hard. “Well I didn’t see anyone else in your house, so I just came to my own conclusion. Why, do you have siblings?” I replied back.
 
“I have a brother” she said. Since when does Min have a brother? I was confused. 
 
“How old is he?”
 
“One year younger than me.” I was bluffed. Where did he come from? 
 
“How come you never mentioned him then? Is he having trouble with your parents as well?” 
 
“He doesn’t have any problems with them. They actually really like him.”
 
“How come? That doesn’t seem fair!” My back straightened and I stood up. 
 
“Joon, calm down. He’s not my real brother that’s why.” Not real? 
 
“I found him homeless and beaten up and took him home, when our situation was still kind of stable. My stepmom decided to take him up, because he was an orphan. So now he is their wanted child and I am not” she continued.
 
“Oh, but won’t you miss him, if you stay here?”
 
“I don’t know. He never really helped me. I really don’t know. We kind of just lived like strangers” she said sadly.
 
“Well I am here for you!” I reassured. We began to wash up the mess we created. I washed and she dried.
 
“Wait, come here”
 
“Hmm? What?” I turned my face toward her. Her finger my cheek and heat rushed through my body like electricity.
 
“Wh- what are you doing?”
 
“You had foam on your face”
 
“Oh, thank you” I blushed and continued washing the dishes.
 
“The bruises look painful. What happened?” she looked at me, with those beautiful eyes. Happyness where in it, even freedom somehow and I didn't want to ruin it by telling her about Inhyup, so I decided to keep it to myself.
“Nothing”
 
“Oh come on. I know something happened.” She laughed, because of the déjà vu. I joined her and soon after we got ready for bed and I turned the lights off. Before going to the sofa I stopped at her door and listened to her breathing. I wondered if she would sleep well.
 
***
Screams woke me up from sleep. The moon shone into my room and I followed the sounds to her door. Concerned I stepped inside and found Minkyung sweating and kicking around her. It seemed like she had another nightmare. I leaned down to her and touched her cheek.
 
“Shh” I tried to calm her down. I her hair and carefully woke her up.
 
“Min are you ok?” She nodded and looked at me.
 
“Can you stay?” she whispered. I nodded and she made me space. When I lied down she put some of her blanket over me. I took her in my arms, feeling like I needed to protect her. Soon I heard her steady breathing and soon followed her.
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

I am so sorry I havent updated for sooooo long! It feels like ages to me. Well I didnt have internet and so I couldnt upload anything, plus my family was bugging me to do stuff instead of writing on my laptop all day long, but now I am home and finally FREE. So now I will update regularly again and am curious myself how my story will continue :3

Love you guys and hope I didnt get you angry.... 

MIANHE~~

P.S. I wanted to know if you prefer if I put pictures to each chapter or doesnt it matter?