Lesson One

Study Time
***
 
All of the students in the classroom were chattering as each of them received their last math test paper. They asked one another, whether their friends passed the test or not.
 
And I, just stay in silent with cold sweats began to wet the pores of my skins. I stared at a piece of paper with lots of numbers that hurts my head. My hands were shaking and I was getting a goosebump as if I had just seen a ghost.
 
Only a very simple two digits of number, can determine wheteher we will be successful, or have to repeat all of the mistakes that we have done. Only a number from one to a hundred, can determine whether can I see the beautiful tomorrow.
 
"Alright, did everyone get their tests back?" Asked the Math Teacher who wore very thick glasses, from the front of the classroom.
 
"For those who failed this time, I want you to get above a 60% for the next test in three days. Otherwise, you won't be able to go on to high school next year. I expect all of you to work hard." Stated the Teacher.
 
Instantly made the students who didn't passed, whining and refusing. Some of the students who passed were proudly showing off their scores.
 
"Urgh, impossible." I mumbled, still staring at a 28 which written on the upper left end of my test paper.
 
"Listen, listen Soobyung! Nina got a 91%! She's Incredible!" Saeyoo exclaimed, one of my close friends. She shook her head in amazement. "Eventhough I barely passed."
 
Saeyoo reviewed her and Nina's test paper, trying to find out where did she get her answers wrong. But I'm still stucked in this situation. My hands were still shaking nonstop. To repeat the first year all over again? No way I'm going to do that.
 
"Soobyung? Something the matter?" Nina asked, as she peeked the score of the test paper I held. "Ouch, a fail." She added as her words stabbed my chest. It was like, my body was surrounded by a dark black aura.
 
Saeyoo immediately has her bug-eyed, surprised, "Eh?! So, next week-"
 
However, before she could finished her sentence, I cut it and shouted, "Above a 60% in three days?! Impossible! Impossible! I can't do it. Impossible. I'm going to fail and repeat my first year?! Can't be! Impossibleee!!"
 
"Calm yourself, Soobyung." Nina replied as she looked at me with her poker face.
 
"Above a 60% in three days!! What am I going to do!! Teach me math, Nina!?!" I cried right in front of Nina's face. I had unwittingly squeezed my test paper because of my fears.
 
"I have to work part time." Nina raised her right hand as she refused.
 
"Oh no. Being held back. High school." I thought as I looked at my tes paper which was slashy, hoping that the 28 has changed to 82.
 
"Man, Luhan! A 100% again?" Said one of my classmate, instantly made me had my focus on them.
 
"Luhan?" I muttered, frowned.
 
"Sometimes, I don't get you." Continued my other classmate to Luhan.
 
But Luhan just keep in silent, holding a paper that has a 100 written on the upper left, a perfect score. After I saw it, it was as if my nightmare will be ended soon enough.
 
Without thinking, I immediately walked towards the chair where Luhan were sitting, "Luhan-sshi!" I snapped.
 
He twitched in surprise, and it looked like he had a big question mark over his head.
 
"I need a huge favor." I said, looking at him as if I wanted to pounce on prey. However, I bowed my body and shouted, "Please tutor me in math!"
 
There was a few seconds of awkward silence, and then he replied, "Huh? Tu- toring?"
 
"Of course, only up until the final exams." I explained, desperately.
 
"Uhm, you say that but..."
 
I put my palms together with tears flowing and zombie's voice, "Please! If you don't, I'll have to stay another year!"
 
"But..."
 
"I'm begging you!"
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
"Sheesh, Soobyung, asking him out of the blue." Saeyoo said, "You surprised me."
 
"Especially Luhan of all people." Nina added.
 
"Luhan?" I asked, still in doubt as I washed my hands in the sink.
 
"With that emo hair. He's such a freak." Nina aswered, made Saeyoo chuckled, "I know. But wait, he's not a freak! You're really mean, Nina!"
 
Now that I think about it, it's also true, what Nina just said. Luhan's hair is too long that it covers his eyes. I honestly still didn't even know how his face really looks like. And he's doesn't get along with other classmate as well.
 
"You know, Soobyung?" Suddenly, Nina changed her expression to be creepy and brought her face near mine.
 
"He's always sleeping or reading a book. He might be secretly gothic. It looks like he's the type to get extremely irritated when he's confronted with human interaction. If you miss a problem, he might snap and beat you to a pulp!" Nina said, made me getting a goosebump.
 
"Wha- what...?!" I replied, stumbled. Thinking about bad stuff he'll do to me if I can't answers his questions later.
 
"Nina!" Saeyoo shouted, changed the creepy atmosphere. "That's not true! He said yes, so it might not be that bad."
 
Saeyoo pouted, feeling annoyed. And Nina just laughed, because she was satisfied enough played a prank for me.
 
"He's going to look over your work from now on, right?" Saeyoo asked as she gave me the spirits.
 
I nodded slightly, "Y- yeah..."
 
After that, I, Nina and Saeyoo went out of the toilet. I followed both of my best friends up until the school hall, because I was not ready to go to the library.
 
"Then, we'll wait to hear it! See you tomorrow!" Nina and Saeyoo waved their hands as they saying goodbye.
 
I gulped heavily, "To a pulp..." I thought, started walking towards the library, the place where Luhan will have to tutor me.

NOTES: The first chapter. I hope it's not boring, I know Luhan appeared slightly here, hehe. >< Please look forward to the next update and share your thoughts! ^^