Just Say yes

B.A.P's Way of Proposing {DISCONTINUED}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW1hv37imjw

- Snow Petrol

 

Just say yes

Just say there's nothing holding you back

It’s not a test

Nor a trick of the mind, only love

 

As soon as the wedding ceremony was dismissed, Himchan, Jongup and Youngjae reached into their tuxedos’ pockets and pulled out at least a dozen of party poppers, popping them at each other playfully in celebration. A light chuckle escaped Yongguk’s curved lips as bits of confetti showered both him and his girlfriend.

“I’m not even going to comment on that,” Hee Jin rolled her eyes and yet she didn’t even try to hide her stunning smile.

Yongguk’s heart did a back flip as he gazed lovingly at his girlfriend of four years.

“Stop looking as though you want to kiss me,” Hee Jin smirked teasingly. She stuck out her tongue causing Yongguk’s expression to turn sour.

“That’s because I do want to kiss you.” he shot back, pulling her by the waist gently closer towards him. The couple then went on bantering with each other, completely forgetting that they were in the midst of Zelo and Ji Hpo’s wedding celebration.

Youngjae then cleared his throat loudly on purpose, wanting to interrupt his leader who was too absorbed in being with his girlfriend. “Can you two stop flirting for a second or two? Keep in mind that you guys are in a public area.” His hands made circular gestures, emphasizing his statement. He shook his head, amused.

“What’s with Daehyun? Why is he sulking? He looks so sad,” Himchan piped up out of nowhere with a pout, causing Hee Jin to jump in surprise.

“Aigoo. You’re so adorable, noona.” Jongup too came out of the blue and laughed, his eyes squinting smaller than they already were in the process.

Hee Jin then let out another small yelp. “Aish,, jinjja! What’s with B.A.P and their habit of butting into conversations?” she mused, shooting joking glares at each of them who grinned sheepishly in response. This was one of the reasons why Yongguk was so madly in love with her — she got along with his friends perfectly.

Yongguk stared at the youngest of his group of friends with a proud, father-like smile on his face. He watched as Junhong had a protective arm around Ji Hyo, almost as though he was afraid someone might take her away. Someone would if he were to be given the option, as a matter of fact.

Daehyun.

From the moment the younger male had announced his return from the U.K, Yongguk knew something was up. He knew Daehyun very well and leaving then coming back so abruptly definitely was not something he would do. But then again, him getting over Mi Young was also something Yongguk never thought would happen.

He was convinced that Mi Young was the one for Daehyun before Ji Hyo came into their lives, and Daehyun’s heart.

Yongguk’s train of thoughts were derailed at the sound of Hee Jin’s hearty laughter. It was a reflex of his, really. It was like he was trained to react at the sound of her laughter. As a force of habit, Yongguk instantly dropped whatever he was thinking of and turned to his strawberry red haired girlfriend. He wanted to see her smile no matter what he was doing. He watched the way she interacted with everyone in awe and a thought had come into his head.

Isn’t it time for him and her to get married as well?

 

Hee Jin got up from her seat and stretched, her arms up in the air and her back slightly arched to the back. Fixing her already messy bun, and smoothing out the creases of her oversized tee shirt, she turned to make her way out of the room with an empty popcorn bowl in her hand.

Her so called kitchen was barely two meters away from the television area. She hummed an unfamiliar melody whilst trying to hunt for another bag of popcorn. Movie nights by herself in her apartment were the best.

All of a sudden, her phone that sat on the kitchen island's marble countertop blared out an embarrassing recording of Yongguk’s voice, telling her to answer the phone. Hee Jin shuddered at the irritating sound of her cell phone vibrating loudly against the cool marble surface as she ditched the still open drawer she was rummaging to answer the call.

“What?” she spoke through the phone flatly. She didn’t even have to check who the caller ID was to know it was her slightly insomniac boyfriend at the other end. Somehow, she just knew that it was him, judging by the ringtone.

Her ears were then met with the sound of his deep, low laughter which made her expression soften immediately. “You don’t sound very happy to hear from me.”

Hee Jin could practically imagine Yongguk smiling giddily at her rude response.

“Can't sleep?” she asked, her tone morphing into something more caring.

“Not at all.” Yongguk admitted with a sigh and she smiled ruefully, wishing he would at least get more rest. “Stay up with me?” he asked in a hushed tone, making sure not to wake up the others who were already sound asleep.

“Lucky for you, Yongguk,” Hee Jin paused to add unnecessary effect. “I still have jet lag thanks to my flight from China so I can’t sleep either.” she whispered just to match her boyfriend but then broke into fits of giggles.

“I can’t believe you’ve finally graduated,” he breathed out proudly, wandering around his house for somewhere he could talk without being disturbed.

“Me too, to be honest. I really have no clue what to do now,” she joked.

“Liar. What about that interview you’re going to go to next week?” Yongguk beamed in victory, eventually settling for the balcony which was the furthest away from any of the bedrooms.

Their casual, simple conversation carried on for about an hour or so when Yongguk decided to finally blurt out the question that occupied his mind the entire time.

“Hey, Hee Jin? What do you think about us getting married?”

There was a long silence and the only sound that was exchanged between both ends of the phone were the sounds of the couple exhaling.

“Are you proposing to me?” she asked, her voice filled with uncertainty.

“Well, um yeah. I don’t know. I mean, it’s just a thought. I haven’t bought a ring or anything . . .” Yongguk trailed off shyly, unsure of what he was suppose to say and do.

Hee Jin let out a bubbly laugh in reply which wasn’t what he had expected at all. “It's pretty evident that you don’t know this but, most girls — including me, actually, would want a proper, romantic proposal. Try asking me again next time alright? This time, with an actual ring maybe?”

And then, she hung up the phone. 

Yongguk stared at the phone, incredulity drawn all over his face. “Did she just reject me?” He scratched the side of his head in confusion.

Man, who knew proposing could be so hard? he thought to himself, an amused smile spread across his face at the thought of his sarcastic girlfriend wanting a romantic gesture for a proposal. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohohohoh so I've finally updated...or rather my friend finally gave me the first chapter. Whaddya think about the first chapter so far? I do apologize for the long wait, we were busy with exams and all :3