Chapter 1

Try Listening.

Fiore's POV

 

It's only 8 AM and I feel like going to sleep already. I haven't been up for an hour yet and I'm ready to go back to sleep. The teacher drones on and on about useless subjects that will have no impact in my future. I'm barely keeping up with taking notes. The person that sits besides me is annoying the hell out of me. He keeps talking and talking and talking about how his weekend. He wouldn't shut up even if I pay him. It's so frustrating that some people can just talk non-stop. 

 

"Shut up." I mumble. He turns to me as if I killed someone. 

 

"What did you say?" I'm on the edge already. I swear I will kill you if you don't shut up. 

 

"Shut up." He turns away from me, talking to the person on his other side. I can still hear his annoying voice. It's so unnaturally high for a guy. The class eventually gets so annoying loud that it gave me a headache. I put my head on my arms, wanting to go to sleep. Of course, the teacher hates me for some unknown reason so she calls me out. 

 

"Fiore! Pick your head up!" I didn't move. The annoying guy pokes my cheek to see if I was still alive. 

 

"Fiore. The teacher's calling you. Fiore?" He sounds as if he was actually concerned about me. 

 

"Fiore! Pick your head up now!" I reluctantly pick my head up. Not only I my head came up, I stood up. "Fiore, sit down." I walk out of the classroom, not turning back. I stay in the restroom for some time, clearing out my thoughts. I return to the room, free of that headache. The class is still very boisterous. I walk in with all eyes on me. The teacher hands me a pink slip. A detention slip. Reason? For walking out. I don’t even care. The class was finally over. Everyone left the classroom, moving to the next class. Lucky for me, this class is an Honors class, so it’s full of smart people. 

 

The next two classes pass by and lunch is next. Everyone was in line to get lunch, including my friends. I waited for them at our usual spot. They should’ve waited for me since I always get the ty lunch the school provides, but they’ve stopped doing that. They haven’t notice that I’ve been skipping lunch for the last few months. I see them walking towards me with their lunch and smiling faces. They talk and talk to one another. I try to join in on the conversation, only to be kicked out in a few seconds. I sit down, put on my headphones, and listen to my music at full blast. I see their lips move, not making a single sound. All eyes turn to me, waiting for my reply. I take off one ear piece and ask them to repeat the question. 

 

“Nevermind.” They go back to walking and I continue to listen to my music. The day finally ends and I walk home, listening to music at the full volume and not worrying about cars.

 

I spend my time on tumblr and facebook, reblogging and liking things. A sound comes from my computer. Recognizing it as the AIM sound, I quickly pull that to the front. 

 

TripleX (19:02): Are you okay?

 

Fabulous (19:02): Yeah. Why?

 

TripleX (19:03): You seem a bit down.

 

Seem? A bit? Psh. If you actually cared, you would’ve notice that I’ve been ignored half the damn time.

 

Fabulous (19:03): It’s nothing.

 

TripleX (19:03): Okay then.

If you need someone to talk to, I’m here.

 

You don’t give a about me. No one does. You wouldn’t even listen to me when I had something to say, but then again, who would? I must be so very un-important that you blow me off when I try to talk. Just stand in front of me, I don’t mind. Just talk over me, I don’t mind. Just ignore me, I don’t mind. 

 

Fabulous (19:05): You wouldn’t even listen.

 

TripleX (19:05): What!?

(19:05): I would!

 

Fabulous (19:05): You wouldn’t.

(19:05): You’re just curious about my problems.

 

TripleX (19:06): I will listen to you because I care about you.

 

I care about you. If you did care, why didn’t you notice I skipped lunch for the last few months?

 

Fabulous (19:06): Bull.

 

TripleX (19:06): Fine then. If you don’t trust me.

 

Fabulous (19:07): I don’t.

 

TripleX (19:07): You don’t? Why not?

 

Fabulous (19:11): I don’t trust you because I have trust issues. I can’t trust anyone. You didn’t even notice that. Should I even call you a “friend”? Do you even notice anything about me? I bet you don’t. Would you even notice if I stopped eating? Would you even notice if I did something different? You wouldn’t notice if I started to diet? Would you even notice if I stopped coming to school? Would you even notice if I started to slip? Would you even notice if I joined a sport? Would you even notice if I started to smoke weed? Would you even notice if I tried to suicide? Would you even notice if I stopped going home? Would you even notice if I stopped caring? No you wouldn’t because the main person of your life is you. You have no time to care about others.

 

She didn’t reply to me yet. Only half of those are true. Does she know which one? Let’s find out.

 

TripleX (19:15): Oh my gosh. I wouldn’t notice any of that. 

 

Fabulous (19:15): Exactly. Which one of those do you think are true?

 

TripleX (19:17): None of them.

 

Fabulous (19:17): Congratz. You got none right. Thanks “friend.” You should try “listening.”


I was think about how my frineds love to inform me of what they are going to do. I try to tell them what I'm going to do so they're like not so clueless but they don't even listen to me. They love to discuss among themselves what's going on. I wanted to do something with them for the last day of school, but of course we are lazy and don't like going out, so we didn't. "We"? Oops. I meant SHE.