The end

A Closed Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was supposed to post this on the 13th T_T

...

 

There is no such thing as a perfect relationship.

Yoona rolled her eyes when she read a random slogan along the posted fliers on the long brick wall near her home. The wall used to be empty and clean but after someone pasted a heartbroken quote, the wall never was the same ever again. In the span of two months, the long brick wall became the Wall of Anonymous Letters. No one ever dared take down the posted letters, instead they posted emotional notes of their own and tourists loved it.

I love you, my Park Dobi!

"Park Dobi?" Yoona chuckled. "What a funny name."

She shook her head and walked further ahead until she arrived at the bottom of the long flight of stairs of their neighborhood. Yoona absently climbed up until she effortlessly reached the top. She had been going up and down these stairs for nineteen years that she never thought of going up and down tiring. Yoona loves to think of it as her daily exercise, which gave her flat stomach and abs outline.

A gentle but chilly breeze passed her as she passed by her neighbors’ houses. It was 10 o’clock in the evening and Yoona just came from her after school science club monthly meeting and club dinner. Her cell phone was vibrating madly in her jeans pocket but she ignored it.

‘It’s been a week.’ Yoona sighed, fog going out from . ‘One week of detachment from Luhan oppa.’

Luhan was, but still technically is, her boyfriend. They met during their first day of high school while trying to find the school gym for the orientation. They immediately clicked and with both being born with natural good looks and deer-like features, the couple was tagged as the Deer couple of the school. They were and still are one of the most well respected campus couples because of their strong relationship and because of how good students they are. Luhan and Yoona never publicly showcased times of misunderstandings or anything related to hardships couples go through but this time was different.

Everyone in school could tell that their Deer couple was having a rocky week because neither was seen together. For one whole week. Imagine the shock and confusion everyone, even the school faculty, went through with one week of no-show.

During breaks and dismissals, Luhan would usually accompany Yoona home but since Tuesday last week, he didn’t go with her.

‘All because of that sunbae.’ Yoona can’t help but stomp her way towards her house a few meters from the long stairs. Their beautiful potted plants were asleep and enjoying the night but Yoona’s loud steps could be heard all the way to the Philippines.

She searched for her keys inside her bag and turned the doorknob after she found it and placing it in. When Yoona closed the door behind her, she let out a tired sigh and was not surprised to see her father waiting for her, asleep on his large chair in the Living Room. There was a blanket on the floor and Yoona smiled at the sight of her old father. Her mom died when she was born and Yoona was raised by her father himself which is why Yoona isn’t as girly as the other girls but not too boyish either.

Yoona walked toward her father and patted some dirt off the blanket before gently placing it under her father’s chin. She kissed his forehead and went up her room, getting greeted by silence.

After doing her nightly routine, Yoona let her body drop onto her small but comfortable bed and closed her eyes.

She wasn’t surprised when she dreamt of the same dream.

 

“Yoona, do you want to hang out today?” Jessica, the blonde exchange student from Los Angeles, California, who is Yoona’s classmate in Calculus asked. Yuri nudged her shoulder with a mischievous smile on her pretty face. “What are you talking about, Jess? I bet Luhan oppa’s waiting for her outside the building by now.”

“Oh?” Jessica raised a brow and grinned after a blank moment. She tends to go blank and re-think things before they enter her head, not that she’s a “dumb blond” because she’s not, but because that’s the way she really is. “Ohhhhh, right! That Luhan guy from China, right?”

“Yeah, that’s him.” Yuri laughed, making Yoona pout. “What are you guys talking about? You’re making me sound like I don’t have time for you guys.”

“Of course, not!” Jessica laughed. “But, we know how our gal is in love and how your guy loves you, so let’s re-schedule to next week, okay? Just a day for us girls.”

“Okay!” Yoona smiled, waving goodbye.

She was in high spirits while walking to the entrance of the school building, because just like the other days, she was sure Luhan would be there waiting for her. Only for her.

But her happiness was cut short when she saw a girl in Luhan’s embrace. They looked like they were enjoying it so Yoona cleared and bravely walked up to them.

“Luhan oppa?” was the words she could muster at the moment.

Luhan recognized his girlfriend’s voice and broke the hug, getting the girl into full view for Yoona. It was their sunbae, Kwon Boa. Luhan is a part of the school dance crew and so is Boa and Yoona knows how professional her boyfriend is with regards to dance steps and stuff. The younger girl bowed to her sunbae but her voice cracked.

Boa smiled and walked away, strutting off her like a pro hiphop dancer.

Luhan received a curious glance from Yoona but he shrugged it off, saying Boa was just thankful for their team up for a duo entry in a dance competition next week.

Yoona was silent even in the bus but Luhan kept on insisting that there was no malice with what she saw. It was something between friends.

“Are you sure?” Yoona asked for the tenth, if not, twentieth time after getting off the bus. They were currently walking up the long stairs and Yoona was asking after every step upward.

“Yes, Yoong.” Luhan would immediately say.

When they got to the top, Yoona was about to ask the same question again but Luhan was having none of it. He took her in his arms and whispered into her ear.

“You’re cute when you’re jealous, Yoong.”

Shudders ran up Yoona’s spine and she giggled, hugging her boyfriend back.

“I love you, Yoona.”

“I love you more, Luhan.”

The dream switched to the next day, when Yoona looked for Luhan after class. They were supposed to try out the new bubble tea store two blocks away but apparently, Luhan forgot their date. Yoona was standing outside the building when Yunho, Boa’s classmate, saw her.

“Oi, Yoona!” the tall young man grinned. “What are you doing here alone?”

Yoona bowed, showing respect, and smiled back at him. “Hi, Yunho sunbae. I was actually waiting for Luhan oppa. We’re supposed to go somewhere today but I can’t seem to find him. His phone’s turned off, too.”

“Oh, Luhan?” Yunho scratched the back of his head, his lips pursed. “He’s in the Dance studio with Boa practicing for their dance contest. Didn’t he tell you that they were practicing until 10 tonight?”

Yoona tried to hide her disappointment and thanked her sunbae while walking towards the separate building for the school clubs. The Dance Studio for the school dance crew was always highly maintained because the school values the talent of their students, dancing is never looked down at. Yoona made her way towards the third floor at the fartherst room, the largest of the whole building, and observed that no music was heard. Her heart was pounding in her chest and an ugly feeling was building up in her that she was tempted to go back and run away.

'No. Luhan oppa promised me.' Yoona bit her lower lip. 'I should go and remind him of our date.'

When she opened the glass doors, though, her heart immediately crashed from cloud 9. Right there, in the middle of the polished dance floor, were Luhan and Boa...in a heated moment. Boa's arms were on Luhan's chest while Luhan's fingers were grazing her soft hair and it doesn't seem like theiy were going away from the position soon. Yoona's phone dropped onto the floor and Luhan and Boa turned to see Yoona at the doorway, eyes b with tears.

"Yoona..."

"Luhan, you liar." Yoona picked up her phone and ran all the way to the main building. Luhan didn't seem to run after her and that pained Yoona even more. She called her dad and he picked her up 10 minutes later adn riding the bus home together. Luhan and Boa didn't get out from the Dance Studio even after Yoona left with her dad.

"Do you want to talk about it, Yoona?" Her dad asked when they got home. Yoona sniff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter