One

Hello, this is your local Insurance company

 

"Tae-Baby can you get that? Umma's hands are dirty from cooking dinner"
"Neh Umma~, It's long distance, do I answer? "
 
"Uhm sure, I was expecting a phone from your uncle, so it might be him" she hollered back, from the kitchen.
 
Taemin nodded, making his shaggy red hair fall over his eyes.
 
"yoboseyo?" he chirped into the device.
 
"H-hello...this is C-Choi Minho-o from the local insurance department. We are c-currently try-"
"I'm sorry Mr, Choi we're not interested, thank-you though!" Taemin thanked the man on the other line and switched the phone button to off, without a second thought. He then scurried into the kitchen to give his mother a hand with the remaining dinner plans.
 
"Who was it Min?" Taemins mother cooed, focusing on the food she was boiling on the stove. "Nah, don't worry about it, just another insurance company" he replied seating himself in the non occupied wooden chair, around the table. His mother simply replied with nodding her head, giving the majority of her attention to the dinner she was conjuring.
 
Within half an hour, (having Taemins help of course) A steaming bowl of Kimchi Jjigae, and a hot plate of Bulgogi cooked by his mother was set carefully in-front of the teen.
 
"Looks delicious umma" Taemin sang in his always cheery voice. "I'm glad you think so babe" his mother rubbed his back before setting her own plate down at the chair directly across from Taemins, before so she had laid out a larger plate and bowl for the father and husband of the Lee's who was to be home any minute from his hard working job. 
 
The two dug into their well made meal, as a loud slam of the door shook the walls. A jolly man strut through the door, with a large smile over his face as always. "Hello my beautiful wife, and my handsome son" he greeted, pecking Mrs. Lee on the cheek while giving Taemin a light hit on the back. He sat and ate the dinner with the rest of the family, as normal. 
 
"Anything new with your studies son?" Mr. Lee asked, shoving his mouth with Kimchi. The younger smiled and shook his head, with a no. "Nothing new Appa, I'm the top of my class though" he beamed. "Congratulations! Keep it up."
 
Taemin nodded, with  grin on his face.  "Also....." his father added. "Have any lovely ladies or a special someone we should meet yet?" his eyes widened in shock, his face heating up a considerable amount. There wasn't anyone, no. But he had a secret that he wasn't sure how to throw out to his parents, as you could guess, Lee Taemin was not straight. It wasn't that he thought that his parents would hurt him or say anything but comforting to him if he did come out.  It was more of the fact that he thought of it as embarrassing, for him and his parents. Yes men were his preferred choice in  relationship, not that he's had one before, but you get it. But in reality he knew no one really wants a gay son, so automatically he thought the thoughts of being a shame to the family when his father brought up the topic of being in any form of a relationship or even having a crush. Which at the moment, he had neither. 
 
He coughed, to interrupt the silence that had been made, he had been looking down at his lap the entire time, fiddling with his lanky fingers rapidly, his bangs covered his eyes, he refused to look up as he was about to spill one secret he thought he wouldn't have to actually tell until well, a while.  (The Lee's never keep secrets, if the topic is brought up)
 
"Umma, Appa, I know I'm not the perfect son and I know I never will be I don't know, I don't expect you to be proud of me for anything once I say this because it kinda for you although I hope you still love me and I really hope you do, I mean I love you and all cause you're my parents, and I really wish you-" 
 
"Tae slower down okay, we'll support you, what are you gonna say? cut to the chase!" his father pushed. 
 
He took a large breath and finally opened his mouth to speak. 
 
"Umma, Appa." he kept his eyes down. 
 
"I'm gay."
 
~
The next day was just the same as it usual, Taemin woke up, dressed for school, consumed breakfast, then walked to school. Nothing different. 
 
He was overly happy that his parents had accepted him. After he had released his secret, his mother and father didn't look at him any differently, the only words that came from their mouths was "Okay, that isn't a problem" his parents always so supportive, and he loved it. He loved his parents more than anything else in the world. He would do anything for them. He smiled at the thought of the acceptance last night. 
 
He had began to cry over his happiness, only a few tears travelled down his cheeks but it was enough to start his mother, she only had a few. His father however was happy, but not drawn to tears. They stood into a great tight hug. 
He reached the school, and it flew by as it normally did, they studied, had a short P.E class for an hour and a half, and back to studying. 
 
He ventured his way home without any problems, unlocking his door and swinging his bag down onto the tiled floor. No one was home at this time, his mother would get home from her work in an hour or two, and his dad was usually out for work until dinner time, leaving Taemin home alone for the few hours. 
 
Savouring the few hours he had, he climbed the carpeted stairs to his room to play on his own game console. 
An hour passes as Taemin continues to kill zombies, and collect points for his team, smashing the buttons and joysticks of his controller he was happy.  Even if he was gay he still loved video games, he would always say to himself. 
An annoying ring interrupted his thoughts, the telephone was going off down stairs, he sighed , unwillingly quit his game to answer the phone, seeing as how it could be a somewhat important message from his father or mother, or even a message to his father or mother. 
 
He hopped down the stairs, skipping into the living room and snatching the phone up before the ringer could cut off the call. 
 
"Hello?" 
 
"H-hi,..this is Choi M-Minho of the loc-cal insurance c-company, we were won-" 
 
"Didn't you call yesterday?"  he asked, remembering a similar phone call from the day before. 
 
"I...Uhm- well..may- goodbye"
 
The line went down with a simple click, Taemin pulled the phone from his ear, and looked at the device curiously. Before setting it down on the table, back to its original place. 
 
Almost on cue his mother walked in, he smiled and greeted her friendly, the rest of the night went the same old normal as it usually did, dinner was cooked, eaten, the conversation was light and happy, then it was bedtime for the finally. 
~
Weeks flew by, and Taemin had nearly forgotten about the mysterious insurance caller, why he was always so nervous he didn't know, and why he hung-up so suddenly he didn't know either.  
 
He certainly didn't know the boy in any way, other than the fact his name was Choi Minho, but that was a given. 
He had been curious the entire few weeks, but it was slowly passing, until he received yet another call. 
 
"Hello, it's Choi Min-"
 
"Okay really, I know who you are and stuff, why are you CONSTANTLY calling, and I swear to god if you hangup...." Taemin blew out his words.
 
He heard a sigh on the other end and a few rustling of papers. 
 
"Would you be ever so kind to text my number, so you can-"
 
"I don't know you"
 
"But I won-"
 
"What if you black mail me....or worse...harass me!" he exclaimed into the phone. 
 
"Hush, jeez, you're a motor mouth when you get goin eh. " 
 
"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. When did you even get so confident?? all you do is stutter on the phone. Man why are you calling me" the teen sighed. 
 
"Oh, but I wanna get to know ya, if you get what I'm saying" he chuckled. "I'm a confident person, you make me nervous." he confessed. 
 
For an unknown reason, Taemins heart, did a flip, then curled into his chest and exploded, he felt the butterflies in his stomach.
 
"7866 224 099" 
 
"What?" 
 
"You wanted my number didn't you?" 
 
Choi chuckled on the other end of the line, "That I did"
 
~
 
Every spare moment, Taemin would text Minho, although, despite all the asking and pleading that came from the elder, he would never reveal his name. 
 
That was one of the only things the eldest didn't know about the younger boy, that and his appearance. Two things that weren't shared with the soccer player. 
 
Taemin learned a million things about his new found friend, his desires, wishes, dreams, favourites, memories, pet peves, you name it, and it was shared. 
 
The teen admired the man, the age difference wasn't as big as he thought either. Minho was just in a nearby collage, as Taemin was in his second last year of high-school. 17 and 19. 
 
Although descriptions of the two were given , neither have met in the real life. 
 
Taemin had found himself deep in a pool of mush. He absolutely adored the elder. The way he laughed, talked, texted (they phoned a lot) from what he has told Taemin, he was tall, muscular/well built, dark brown shaggy hair, brown eyes, and that was Taemins point to which he fell into a deep liking towards the man. They always made plans to meet up, it was either, one or the other became busy, or they just cancelled out of their nervous minds. 
 
What Taemin didn't know was that the muscular man had also taking a liking to him. 
Minho couldn't catch the hints of liking from Taemin either. 
 
More weeks had passed, and it was soon winter. It had been a few months since the two had first talked.  Taemins parents had also heard of this relationship he had going, no it wasn't dating, but they thought it could lead to that. Minho was all Taemin ever talked about anymore! and to think, the rapper, a newly discovered talent Taemin figured out, didn't even know the younger's name! but still had one of the largest crushes you could imagine on the boy. 
 
8:30 at night:
 
"Mystery boy" (Minho's nickname for Taemin)
 
"Neeeeh~"
 
"I want to see your face."
 
"Okay we'll make plans"
 
"No, I mean, I want to, by that I mean, I need to. I don't know if you've noticed, but I have these massive feelings that are killing my insides, slowly eating me away, they're all for you, I really like you, and I don't even know your name! I've never seen your face! and I find myself day dreaming about you constantly! " His voice, getting louder over the phone.
"I just....I just want to meet you this time, for real, no more chickening out, it's been four months, I really want to see you, to hug you, to meet, you. I....I like you"
 
The latter felt tears well up in his eyes. He nodded silently, breathing heavy breathes, trying to consol his excitement, worry, and happiness.
 
"Yes Min, we'll meet, we'll definitley meet this time. I like you too, I like you so much, it's insane."
"Tomorrow at six? The old cafe, near the movie theater?" the elder offered "I'm buying" 
"I"ll see you then, lover boy" with that, Taemin hung the phone up, leaving a dazed Minho.  Taemin sighed, feeling oh so giddy on the inside, his excitement was showing on the out. 
 
~
 
6:00 could never ever come slower, the entire day FOR ONCE in Lee Taemins life, had gone as slow as possible. His excitement showed through the entire day, seeing as his friends all noticed his constant shaking and bouncing, during P.E and lunch breaks. The young child could not sit still. 
 
His focus was dropped for this entire day, so excited, he dreamed of what Minho would look like, what he would say, what he would do. Everything reminded the child of a fairytale. 
 
Finally after the longest period of waiting came the last bell of the day! He snatched all his things, not bothering to grab any homework or studying tools, he wouldn't need it anyways since he always completes his homework, and he's smart enough to let go one night of studying. He zoomed through the halls, and out the front door. Sprinted down roads, and jogged through yards, jumping over hedges. 
He made it home in his own personal record time of 7 minutes. 
 
Throwing his bag carelessly he ran up the stairs, and slammed himself in the washroom, he took his phone and placed it on the counter, it was 4:00 he had two hours. He stripped himself and climbed into the shower, letting the hot fluid wash over him. Making sure to lather and shampoo perfectly, he rinsed, after cleansing himself fully. 
He wrapped himself up into a towel and made his way to his room. Drying off a considerable amount he threw on a white robe, dampening it from the inside. He began to look through his billions of clothing in his closet, nothing seemed perfect enough, but nothing seemed casual enough! His dilemma was frustrating him beyond belief, even though they were just clothes, he needed to look at least good. He laid a pair of black skinny jeans that would hug his legs perfectly, and a white t-shirt, with black boots. 
He then scurried into the washroom, to fix his hair and face, 
 
he blow-dried and brushed, then straightened, he put in multiple types of products into the red fiery hair, to make it flick. 
He put the slightest bit of eye liner under his eyes, to make them pop out a considerable bit, rubbed his face with a vanilla smelling lotion, along with his hands, then proceeded to brushing his teeth until his gums were red as raw.  
Running back into his own room, he threw on his clothing, only 45 minutes left until he left, he fixed his shirt, multiple times, trading it for others, but then moving to his plain, but favourite red shirt. He nodded his head in approval, touching up his hair, and clothes, and anything, he sprayed a dash of cologne on his chest and then walked down stairs to where his parents sat, awaiting his arrival, not before answering Minho's curious text of "Were still on right?" it was confirmed with a yes. 
"Aiiigooooo Taeminniee~ so handsome, you're growing up" his mother cooed pinching his cheeks once he got down to the living room. His father stood, and put a hand on his shoulder. "Be good, and don't do anything stupid. We love you Min, very much." he coughed. I nodded.
 
"I love you too umma, appa, I'll always be your baby"
 
~
 
He walked to the destination they were to meet, He plopped down on  a bench with two sides, one that faces one way and the other faces another side. Taemin patiently waited, seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned into 5 minutes, which was an hour in Taemins world. 
 
A young man, around his mid twentys walked by brown shaggy hair, built figure, and sat himself, in the bench facing the other way of the younger. Taemin waited around twenty minutes of time he stood to leave, collecting his ipod, and phone, that had been silent since the last text. 
 
"Oh Uh Excuse me sir, before you leave can I have the time?" A deep familiar voice filled Taemins ears. 
 
He turned around, slowly, a male with the same shaggy brown hair, same muscular figure, with a tall height, was standing before him. Their eyes locked, shock planted on both faces as they stared into each other's eyes. "Minho" Taemin whispered as low as possible, his heart throbbed in his chest, his smile began to break out, as did the elders, "Mystery boy" he said. Taemin giggled at the foolishness, the elder smiled and embraced the younger into a hug, that was much wanted by the both of them.
"It's Taemin" he whispered into the smooth neck. "That's a beautiful name" he replied. Squeezing him tighter. 
Their night was combined of talking, laughing, hot chocolate, doughnuts, and admiring. 
 
Hands were held, legs were tangled under the table, the definition of adorable. 
 
Taemin nor Minho could not break their smile the entire night, way too happy to do so.
 
Minho walked his angel back to his home, all the way up the steps, taking his leave, after a long hug, filled with thank-yous and I had fun, Taemin watched him walk back down his drive way.
"MINHO, WAIT~!" Taemin shouted from the steps, the elder turned around, and found the young man running towards him, he began walking back. 
 
The latter jumped into the older arms and laid his lips against his, he pressed hard against Minhos, trying every angle to get closer, the rapper held his hands around the youngest waist, as Taemin wrapped his around Minhos neck massaging each other's lips with their own. Their kiss lasted seconds and seconds, ending for air. Taemin rested his head into Minhos neck and nuzzled it. The grip on his waist became tighter, then he was dropped to the ground on his feet, "Goodnight Angel." Minho said. Taemin reached on his toes pecking his cheek, before running back to his house "Good night!~"  
 
He got in and locked the door, his parents asleep by now, he made his way to his room and flopped on the bed. 
Checking his phone one last time for the night, he had 1 new message. 
 
To ; Mystery Boy
From: Minho~
Goodnight my angel, My god you're so beautiful. 
 
His heart fluttered in his chest, he sent his quick reply before falling asleep, 
 
All because he picked up to an insurance number one day. 
 
 
 
 
Who knew?
 
 
 
 
An: my little 2min oneshot~ hope you like, comment and subscribe !