Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Eric was silent. His face looked pale and seemed he was sick. He walked in the cold night alone, trembling and his step was unsteady because his back bleeding. Until he reached in front of small yet classy house, he stopped a while, sighed and knocked the door softly.

            “ Hyesung-ah…” he groaned and fell slowly before the owner opened the door.

            There was heard a footstep and the door opened. Hyesung, that beautiful man, saw Eric suspicious, then he saw blood from Eric’s back.

            “ God!” Hyesung quickly took Eric in after he closed the door roughly. And as you know… Hyesung’s took care of Eric.

~~~

            “ I don’t know Jin-ah.. He came with his back bleeding. I don’t know him but… he looks so familiar to me.. As I know him for a thousand years!” Hyesung was talking on his phone with his best friend, Junjin.

            “ Oh.. Hyung… can you stop lying to me? You always said that you saw a silver glow in your window, then white love shape in the dark night when you looked at the sky, and now? You said there is a mysterious super handsome man who looks like David statue is laying in your bed?” Junjin’s answer made Hyesung sighed. He knew that Junjin never trust his story.

            “ Okay.. it’s up to you to believe in me or not.. but, I never lying to you.. and it’s you who I told this story only…” Hyesung’s closed his eyes and took a deep breath

            “ Hyung….. you don’t have… schizophrenia, right?”

Hyesung snorted, “ Whatever!” Hyesung shut off his phone and looked at the mysterious man who laying on his bed now.

            “ Well, I’ll sleep in couch tonight” He walked to his cupboard to took a fluffy blanket.

He glanced to Eric and frowned, “ What happened to him? Is he a criminal? or a pickpocket victim? Or… he is part of Black Cat gang who have fought with Red Axe tonight and got lost?”

            “ Tch, what happened to him isn’t my business. I wish he leave tomorrow morning..” Hyesung hissed and out form his bedroom to living room.

            “ Have a good sleep, Hyesung… and..” he hesitantly, “ The handsome man…” he blushed bit and shook his head. He thought he should sleep now.

           

In the morning, sun shining bright and made Eric’s woke up. He blinked his eyes, one..two and confused to recalled what happened to him and where he was. Then, he realized when he saw a bandage around his chest and back. He let a bitter smile and looked at the sky from Hyesung’s window.

At the moment, Hyesung yawned from his beauty sleep and pulled the fluffy blanket. Still sleepy and not full wake, he scratched his back and yawned again.

            “ Oh… that man…” he stood and walked to his room. When he opened the door, he saw Eric who looked so dazzling with the sunshine glowing the man face and body. Damn.. he’s so super handsome… Hyesung’s thought and he felt something strange in his stomach. He shook his head and walked in, but seemed Eric didn’t aware about it.

            “ Ehm… so…you’re awake..” Hyesung talked and Eric startled as he looked back at Hyesung who stood up in from of his bed. Eric stared at Hyesung eyes and Hyesung could feel he sank in Eric’s black eyes…

They looked each other for couple seconds before Hyesung felt he didn’t comfortable with the atmosphere and looked away. It’s strange..yet warm inside.. he thought.

            “Umm..so-sorry.. b-but…I think you should’ve a breakfast. I’ll cook…” Hyesung walked out before need to heard Eric’s answer. And Eric closed his eyes and lied down on bed. Suddenly his tears fell down between his eyes.

At the kitchen, Hyesung could  feel his heartbeat running so fast until he felt his face became warmer.

            “ Damn.. what’s wrong with me??” he cursed as took some bread to toaster. He opened refrigerator and saw two eggs, bacons, and a white pack. He made a fried eggs, grilled the bacons,  then took chamomile tea from the white pack that Junjin’s gave him yesterday and made it.

Hyesung prepared the breakfast on the table. He just wanted to went his room before Eric’s walked and sat down on the chair. Hyesung amazed with the man in front of him, still let him frowned because the man seemed fine, as nothing happened to him.

            “ I’m fine” Eric smiled at confused Hyesung. Hyesung blinked his eyes, How can he know what I thought?

            “ A-a… y-yes.. please have a breakfast…” Hyesung blushed, sat and bit his toast. He was eyeing Eric who enjoyed his toast. The silent moment made Hyesung felt awkward, he hesitantly said, “ Anyway, who…who are you?”

He could see Eric stopped eat and looked at him. Eric smiled to him but Hyesung could see he forced it because the smile seemed bitter.

            “ Don’t you remember me?”

Hyesung blinked his eyes confused and slowly shook his head. Eric sighed and kept smiled to him.

            “ I’m Eric… Are you still not remember me?”

Hyesung kept shook his head, sadly.

            “ Hahaha.. well, forget it.. I just a passer-by in front of your house last night” A dry laugh escaped from Eric mouth. He stood up and about to left Hyesung

            “ Umm….” a murmur from Hyesung’s made Eric stopped his step

            “ What..what are you going to do?”

            “ Back to where I supposed to be, maybe… I think, you’ll feel uncomfortable to have strange person in your house” Eric walked to Hyesung’s  room to took his jacket, then to living room and put his shoes. As he wanted to opened the door, Hyesung ran toward him and held his hand. Eric’s looked at Hyesung with hope.

            “ Where….where do you live?” Hyesung asked, still held Eric’s hand

Eric shook his head, “ I think you shouldn’t know….” Hyesung loosen his grip and it made Eric disappointed

            “ Take care….see you…” Hyesung said, while his eyes looked at the floor. Eric forced to smile although the man in front of him didn’t see it.

            “ See you…” Eric opened the door and left Hyesung who froze on his spot.

For a minute Hyesung didn’t move then he decided to out and ran. He must found that man! But, he saw nothing, he couldn’t see Eric and suddenly it made him sad. Why?

 

Hyesung entered his room and saw his bed. He decided to fold the blanket and tidied up the bed. When he was about to lifted the pillow, he found black feather. He frowned, “ What is this?” The feather looked like swan’s but it’s different because it bigger and wait… there’s a silver sparkling on its top. Hyesung decided to kept it, so he opened his drawer and took it in. He stared it for a moment then closed it.

~~~

Little Hyesung cried in his room, alone. He locked the door so no one could enter his room.

            “Hyesungie… dear.. please open the door” a woman voice tried called him and opened the door, but Hyesung didn’t move and closed his ears with his palms.

            “ No..no… Mom and Dad will back… They promise to me… they’ll back..no..no”Hyesung shook his head, while tears kept flowing from his puffy eyes. His heart hurt, his head hurt, his eyes hurt… all of his mind and body was hurt.

Hyesung didn’t know that he fell a sleep until he felt warm hands rubbed his cheeks. He startled and sat quickly. With his puffy eyes, became wide because he saw a glorious form in front of him. A man, a handsome man who smiled to him with white sparkling wings on his back.

Hyesung couldn’t stop to opened his mouth wide and his eyes too. He amazed for what was he seeing right now.

            “ Who are you?” he asked and couldn’t stop glared that man.

The man smiled and ruffled his hair, “ I’m your friend.. your mom and dad told me to playing with you everyday… so, don’t be sad, okay?”

            “ Really? Mom and dad told it to you? Where are they? Why they didn’t back? Aunt told me mom and dad wont back again… but it’s not true right? because they asked to you to play with me until they back right?” Hyesung rushed him with questions at the man only gave him smile.

            “ They’re here…” the man said and pointed Hyesung’s chest. His heart.

Hyesung frowned, confused with the man said to him.

            “ You’ll understand when you grow up. So, stand up..and what do you want to do?”

Hyesung smiled widely and stood up, “ I want play kite! I never play it since dad don’t want to do it!” he said with cheerful tone

            “ Okay then, seem we have to go to the hill so we can play kite without anyone can disturb us”

            “ The hill? Yay! Let’s go go go!” he chuckled and grip the man hand happily

 

 

            “Hyesungie, I’m here… why you crying?”

            “ No one who want play with me at school…I hate my new school “ Hyesung tried to wiped his tears but it kept flowing down on his chubby cheeks

            “Hyesungie… don’t hate school, kay? Maybe you should talk to them first.. if you don’t do that, they wont know if you want to play with them” The man pulled Hyesung to his embrace and patted his back

            “ But… will they play with me if I asked them first?” Hyesung asked in his sobbing

            “ Sure… they’re all want to play with you, but they thought you’re not because you didn’t talk to them…”

            “ Really? Then I’ll asked them tomorrow!” Hyesung looked at the man eyes and gave him smile. The man nodded and caressed Hyesung cheeks.

Hyesung gave him wide smile and pecked the man cheeks. “ Thank you! I love you so much!” Hyesung hugged him and chuckled in his chest. But, the man felt weird because his heartbeat racing fast while his face redden.

 

 

            “ What are you doing Hyesungie?”

          “ I’m studying… tomorrow I’ve final exam! I have to be a number one because I want enter great high school!” Hyesung answered but his eyes kept reading book and writing.

The man smiled and sat on Hyesung’s bed. He watched Hyesung studying until Hyesung fell asleep on his desk. He lifted Hyesung body and lied down him to the bed. He pulled the blanket then gave him a kiss on forehead.

            “ Have a nice dream, my Hyesungie….” he glanced at Hyesung before he disappeared in white glow

 

 

            “ So, how your new life as high school student?”

            “ It’s amazing! I met many great and smart people today! The school is cool! I chose the right school to study! Now, I feel I can reach my dream to become architect!” Hyesung sang happily and danced around the room.

            “ It’s good then! I’m happy for you!” the man stated and patted Hyesung head. 

            “ Thank’s to you… Because you always beside me, and give me courage… I love you…” Hyesung gave bear hug to the man, and the man did same thing. “ I love you too, Hyesungie…” the man said whole-heartedly and he really meant it… but Hyesungie didn’t know about how much he love this little boy… yes.. Hyesung never know…

 

 

            “ You look so happy! What happened?”

            “ Finally! I confessed to girl I love! Woaaahhh!!!! It’s amazing.. and did you know? She said yes! She love me back! God! This is the happiest moment in my life! I’ve girlfriend now! Beautiful girlfriend!!” Hyesung jumped happily and threw himself to the bed. He pulled the bolster and hugged it tightly

The man shocked with what Hyesung said.. But he tried to gave him smile, the best smile he could.. He didn’t want made Hyesung felt guilty because he knew… His heart hurt so much and he felt weak…

            “ Congratulation..Hyesungie…”

            “ Aaahhh!!! She love me!! I looooovveee her so muuucchhh!!! I’ll love her forever…!!” Hyesung sang happily and couldn’t stop grinning.

            “ Now… you love her… and don’t love me again..maybe never can love me…” The man whispered

            “ Eh? what are you saying?”

The man shook his head and turned back

            “ Where are you going?” Hyesung sat on his bed now

The man turned to looked at Hyesung, “ I’ve to go now…”

            “ Oh… see you then, Eric…”

The man who called Eric nodded and smiled before a white bright shined the whole room, and he disappeared..

~~~

Hyesung opened his eyes, breathed heavily… His heart beat racing fast and the sweat fell from his forehead. He blinked his eyes, and suddenly tears came from his eyes.

            “ Why I’m crying?” he frowned but tears kept flowing

            “ Damn….what should I do now….” he closed his eyes with his palm, sobbing on his bed

Eric…. Eric….

That night Hyesung cried wholeheartedly.. feeling guilty to Eric, his first best friend.. and without he knew… it was his first love…..

And at the same time, Eric was lied down on rooftop at the high building. Watched the night sky with beautiful stars decorated it.

            “ Hyesung-ah…..” he whispered

 

            “ Hyung… please… I don’t want to do this crazy thing again… I’m sorry hyung, but when I asked to people have they seen a man who looks like David Statue, they gave me –are you crazy- stare….”Junjin complained, yes… Hyesung knew he couldn’t asked him anymore to looked for Eric. It has been a week since he started to searched Eric, but he got nothing. Seemed Eric was disappeared from this world.

            “ I understand.. I’m sorry Jin.. Sorry for bothering you with my stupid act…” Hyesung stated

            “ Hyung….” Junjin felt guilty toward his hyung and Hyesung could feel it

            “ No problem Jinnie-ah… hahaha, see you..”

Click. Hyesung disconnected the phone and sighed. He’s in his car, and started his car. He have to found Eric although it might took a years. He didn’t care… Because he really missed Eric so much and didn’t want to lost him again. Never

Hyesung remembered after the day he had new girlfriend, Eric didn’t come to saw or played with him again. Hyesung thought maybe Eric was busy because he knew Eric was Guardian Angel. But, after a years… Eric still didn’t come and slowly Hyesung forgot about him. Hyesung busied by his school stuff as he became School President, and his love’s life too. Hyesung broke with his girlfriend after he graduated from high school and entered college. He loved her, but Hyesung felt empty in his heart.. he didn’t know… he was longing someone but he couldn’t remember who was the person.

            “ Damn… why I forgot about you, Eric… It’s you… for the first time.. it’s you…Why you so stupid Shin Hyesung??? Damn….” Hyesung hit his head slowly, cursed himself.

He drove his car to the Hangang River. He stopped and out from his car. He saw there’re many people here because tonight will be firework festival. Hyesung sighed, “How can I find him in this crowd? You stupid thing Shin Hyesung…”

But he kept walked and looked carefully every men who passed him. He’s not him…not him..

Hyesung groaned furiously. He tired to search for a hour but he didn’t find Eric.

            “ Where are you… Eric…” the pain in his chest wanted to out and made his tears came.

            “ I shouldn’t cry here… it’s embarrassing…” He decided to sat on a bench, looked at the river which sparkling because of the colorful light on the border.

Suddenly, he saw different sparkle from river. He carefully looked at it and his eyes widen when he saw the sparkle came from human… no! it’s not human!

Hyesung ran immediately and shouted, “ Eric!!!”

The said man startled and looked at Hyesung who ran and rushed him with his hug.

            “ Eric…. Eric…. I’m sorry Eric…. I’m so sorry….” Hyesung cried while he tighten his hand to Eric’s body.

Eric’s frozen on his spot, but then he lifted his hand and wrapped Hyesung’s thin body. He patted him back and smiled relieved.

            “ Hyesungie… It’s okay… It’s not your fault.. I’m fine…”Eric soft voiced made Hyesung cried more.

            “ I’m sorry Eric… I shouldn’t forgot you… I’m sorry…” Hyesung sobbed

            “ Shhh… Please stop crying.. Hearing you cry make my heart in hurt. Can you lift your head and see me?”

Hyesung loosen his hug and saw at Eric who smiled to him. Hyesung gave him beautiful smile and Eric pecked his cheeks. Eric’s action made Hyesung blushed.\

            “ Eii…. I’m not kid anymore.. Why you kiss me, eh?”

Eric chuckled as heard words form Hyesung, “ It’s not kiss you know, just little peck. I miss you so bad. …” Eric smile shyly

Hyesung blushed, “ So…so why you here? And.. why you don’t look like an angel? You look like… human” Hyesung stated and still blushed.. he should spoke something to hid his pinkish face.

Eric let him a warm smile, “ It’s a punishment…”

Hyesung startled to hear what came from Eric’s mouth.“ Punishment? What do you mean?” Hyesung frowned

            “ I….because… because I fallen in love with human who I guard. And.. And… that human was man.. I’ve got punishment. They broke my wings, threw me in the human world. But.. it doesn’t matter.. since I can see the one I love right now.. In front of me”

Hyesung shocked and felt guilty, “ Eric….”

Eric shook his head, “ No Hyesungie.. it’s not your fault.. it’s my fault.. I just can’t take anymore my feeling to you… Since you said you had girlfriend.. it’s hurt me so hard.. I tried to forget you but… I can’t.. so I decide to tell them that I love you so much..”

            “ Oh Eric….” Hyesung cried again and hugged Eric. Hyesung knew, if angel lost his wings, it’s the worst thing and that angel couldn’t back to heaven. The angle was thrown despicably…

Eric patted Hyesung back, “ Shh… don’t cry Hyesungie… Love’s not created for a destruction and pain. I chose to live as your broken angel, because love itself is a miracle. I’m happy I can have it… My Hyesungie, the one I love in my whole life…”

~~~

So, do you know what broken angel looks like? He’s not shattered as you imagined. His wing just black, might from the pain of forgotten by his lover. But now, the broken angel wasn’t cracked and not precious, but one of beautiful miracle in this world. His heart, and his lover heart always fulfilled by love..forever…

FIN

 

So, what do you think? 

I think the ending is weird,kkk since i'm not good to make an ending XD
Actually, this is one of my old short story... and because i felt it's waste if i didn't posted it so i made it became ricsyung ff >.<

I don't know if Hyesung can fit to this character, so yeah... please let me know what is your thought^^
Thanks for reading~ :D