Chapter 6

Can't Love, Can't Hurt

 

Chapter 6

 

 

a/n: just a small fyi. I made a slight adjustment to Sora’s apartment. She actually still resides in her WGM apartment.

 

When Leeteuk opened the door to his car, he paused. Something was…missing. Looking at himself from head to toe,  he then quickly realized that he had left his jacket upstairs in Sora’s apartment. He was going to leave it, considering the urgent messages he had received, but because he was still so close, he pushed the door closed and headed back.

 

Standing in front of Sora’s door again, he took a deep breath and knocked hard and slow.

 

A few moments later Sora opened the door abruptly, and she was shocked to see him.

 

“J-jung Soo?” she asked tilting her head to the side in confusion.

 

“I’m sorry Sora, I just forgot my jacket,” said Leeteuk motioning towards it across the room.

 

Sora followed his hand and then nodded, letting him walk by her to grab it. She let the door close and then walked back to the kitchen where she had been washing dishes.

 

“Well, I’ll be leaving again,” said Leeteuk walking towards the door.

 

He glanced at Sora in the kitchen and he saw her head nod. He sighed and then opened the door.

 

With his eyes cast down, he opened her front door. What stood before him where two black shoes. As he eyes quickly ran up the body standing in front of him, his eyes grew. Quickly  backing into the apartment with a gasp, Leeteuk he clutched his heart as he realized what he really saw.

 

“Y-Young Woon! What are you doing here?!” he asked, finally remembering how to speak.

 

Sora dropped the dish she was holding back into the sink and turned around. Her eyes growing when she saw the aforementioned man walk into her apartment.

 

“What are you doing here?!” asked Kangin with a frown as he tried to focus on Leeteuk’s face.

 

“Well-I-I was talking to Sora, and I forgot my jacket—wait, no, what are you doing here?! How did you even—are you drunk?!” asked Leeteuk stepping closer to him.

 

“You just can’t stay away from her can you?” asked Kangin tightening his jaw. “I guess I was right all along.”

 

Sora moved forward and it was then Kangin noticed her.

 

“So there you are…the infamous Kang Sora. Wife of Super Junior leader Leeteuk,” he said frowning at her as he tried to give a deep bow, but he quickly stumbled to the side.

 

“Jung Soo should I—

 

“Jung Soo? You let her call you Jung Soo?” asked Kangin sadly looking back at Leeteuk.

 

“Young Woon, let’s go back to the dorm, you need to rest,” said Leeteuk putting his hands on Kangin’s shoulders.

 

Kangin jerked away from his touch.

 

“I’m not going anywhere with you. I came here to talk to her,” said Kangin and he slowly walked over to Sora.

 

Sora looked at Leeteuk nervously as Kangin approached her. She felt her body slightly shrinking away, as Kangin’s body loomed over her. Leeteuk stayed close behind because he wasn’t sure what Kangin would do anymore.

 

“I know that…that you love—him,” said Kangin looking in Sora’s eyes. “And I know that you know that I love him too.”

 

Sora stood motionless.

 

“Right?!” yelled Kangin.

 

Sora nodded her head quickly.

 

“Did you know anything about me and him?”

 

Sora nodded her head.

 

“I just told her tonight Kangin,” said Leeteuk softly.

 

“What do you think about that—about him loving me, a man, and not you?”

 

Sora her lips.

 

“I wont lie. It hurts. It was a shock, learning his true feelings for you. But now I understand.”

 

Kangin frowned.

 

“You understand? You understand what? That you were slowly stealing away the only man I’ve loved? That he almost let you?

 

“Kangin, don’t torture her, she didn’t know,” said Leeteuk, only to be silenced by Kangin raising his hand in the air.

 

“She can take it. If she thinks she’s strong enough to be with you, she’s strong enough to hear this.” Said Kangin over his shoulder to Leeteuk.

 

When Leeteuk remained quiet, Kangin turned back to Sora.

 

“I want you to know…it’s not easy…admitting something like this. You don’t even know…the pain…that comes with loving this man. Since the day I met him…I’ve known…it was him or nothing. And it killed me that we’ve had to hide our love behind locked doors and dark corners, but that’s what it came to. Sacrifice. And the pain I’ve felt being without him for so long hit me all at once the minute I saw him smile at your face. It felt like a m-million knives to my heart,” said Kangin pounding on his chest, “when I realized that someone else might be able to make him happy. And in that final moment when he kissed you, I was prepared right then and there to give everything up if it meant him being happy…even without me. S-so don’t tell me you understand. You understand nothing!”

 

Sora bit her lips as she looked sadly at the seething Kangin. He brought his fists up to his face, trying to hide his rage and sadness behind them as he started again.

 

“I came here to t-tell you that you’ve won and that I want you to give him everything I can’t. I want him to have the family that he wants. I want him to be able to hold hands and kiss the person he’s with in public, to not have his career sacrificed. I want him to have it all. But that means I can’t stay, I can’t watch it. It hurts too much to see it all…this apartment—the dates—the smiles—the happiness—it should be his and mine… and I want to be there for him…but I can’t—I want to be the one making him smile but I—but I—

 

“Kangin baby, it’s okay, I’m here now,” said Leeteuk softly as he wrapped his arms around Kangin’s body.

 

Kangin looked down, the spent energy from his outbursts and the sluggishness from the alcohol had worn him out to the point of exhaustion. So he finally just gave in to Leeteuk’s soothing words and embrace.

 

“Sora he’s just upset, I’m sorry. He recently found out about you and our show, and it just—

 

“Don’t apologize,” she said shaking her head. “He’s done nothing wrong.”

 

“Kangin?” she asked softly.

 

He brought his eyes up to meet her slowly.

 

“I’m so sorry…so very sorry that I’ve caused you this much pain. If I had known…I wouldn’t have…I’m so sorry,” she said covering her face.

 

They both watched her as she tried to hold her tears in.

 

“I won’t take him from you,” she said rubbing her pink nose. “Because I can’t take him from you. He wants you. Only you. That’s why he was here.”

 

Kangin turned around in Leeteuk’s embrace and looked him in the face.

 

“She’s right, you know?” said Leeteuk Kangin’s red face with his fingertips. “I can’t just be with her when my heart has chosen you. All the success in the world, all the fan’s smiling faces, it’s nothing to me without you Young Woon.”

 

Kangin wrapped his arms around Leeteuk’s body and buried his face in his neck.

 

“And now that everyone understands that,” he said softly. “Can we finally end all of this?”

 

He felt Kangin nod against him and then he glanced at Sora who tried her best to smile and then motioned that she was going to her room.

 

Leeteuk smiled back and then nodded as he the back of Kangin’s head.

 

When he heard her door close Kangin lifted his head and then looked back at Leeteuk.

 

“Can we go home?”

 

Leeteuk nodded and then they walked out of the small apartment hand in hand.

 

 

                                          *                                                            *                                                            *

 

 

 “I’m going to kill him!” huffed Eunhyuk pacing the floor of the university hospital room he and Donghae were currently in.

 

Donghae sighed as he opened his eyes and watched Eunhyuk’s fury growing.

 

“Hyukkie, calm down, what’s done is done. If I’m not mad, you shouldn’t be,” he said picking up his cell phone and then checking his face in his camera.

 

He slightly flinched as he looked at his reflection. His nose had been packed with gauze and under his eyes, bruises had begun to form.

 

“Exactly. Look at your face Hae! The doctor said your nose is broken, you’re starting to get two black eyes, and how do you think you’ll be able to sing like this?” said Eunhyuk sitting in the chair beside him.

 

“Okay yes, none of this is good. But at least this is taken care of now. So can you focus on the fact that our biggest problem is that no one seems to know where Kangin hyung is and Teukkie hyung won’t respond to anyone—

 

Just then, Eunhyuk’s phone started ringing.

 

“ing finally!” said Eunhyuk looking at the number and standing up. “Hyung! Do you have any idea where I am right now—I’m sitting in a hospital room with Donghae’s face broken because Kangin hyung decided to punch him when all we were trying to do is get him home! And then you’re nowhere to be found, so now I’m having to deal with a bruised and bleeding boyfriend while yours is off running the streets of Seoul with 5 bottles of soju in him—

 

“Hyukjae-ah, slow down! First, Kangin is with me, don’t worry.”

 

“Well to be honest hyung, that’s kinda the least of my worries right now—you should see his poor face. I swear, you better not bring Kangin hyung back to the dorm unless you want him to look as bad as Donghae right now—

 

“Hyuk-ah, you have to calm down. Although I’m not happy to hear this, you have to remember that Kangin isn’t in the right state of mind, so you’re going to have to give him a little bit of your understanding. I can only imagine the guilt he’s going to feel when he realizes what he’s done. So please, try to cool off before you come back,” said Leeteuk in his soothing voice so as not to disturb the sleeping Kangin.

 

Eunhyuk took a deep breath as he closed his eyes.

 

“All right hyung, I’ll work on it,” he sighed.

 

“Good. Now, do you need me to come to the hospital?”

 

“No, I’ve got it covered, we’re just waiting for the nurse to come back and discharge him and then we’ll be home.”

 

“All right then, I’ll see you all soon.”

 

“Okay hyung…ah, how is Kangin hyung?”

 

“Better. Tomorrow’s a new day, so we’ll start from there.”

 

“Sounds good. Later hyung.”

 

“Bye Hyukjae-ah.”