History Books

Library Girl

Library Girl

Chapter 1 - History Books

 

 

Class 11.1 total silence. Perfectly silent. Only the sound of footsteps belong to Mrs. Park is heard - echoed around the room. Sound of chalk scratching that collided with the board, adds an aura of horror that time. It is always the case in all of the classes which enter by that biology teacher. Not like the regular teachers who feared the students as they often provide a lot of assignments, or exams suddenly, or if the student makes the slightest problem will be immediately filed a summons to their parents. No. Not at all like that. Enough with the deathly stare.

 

Suddenly Mrs. Park stop of her work fills the entire surface of the board with a variety of materials related to the biology that makes a quick heads shriveled. Instantly all the heads-up, and all record activities stopped. The class stared each other. Wonder. Not usually Mrs. Park stopped working unless she remembers the important things like...

 

"Attention all. Due to the summer holidays will soon arrive, I will give you a task that must be collected at the first meeting of biology lesson after the holiday is complete," if current students are not dealing with Mrs. Park, surely they would grumble because their vacation time should be filled with rest, instead interrupted by a task. This is the sophistication of Mrs. Park. The students sat quietly listening without complaining, persevering expression exhibited any student with interest, being a good student is the only way to avoid the wrath of Mrs. Park. "You all already understand what you will do on the upcoming task?"

 

"Understand, Mrs.," compact replication of the students immediately earn a small smile from Mrs. Park which is immediately faded in the blink of an eye. Biology lesson was continued and that means the students have to endure this hell until the recess bell rang.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"It's really unbelievable. Task in the summer holidays? I've even booked a ticket to the U.S. on holiday," complained Krystal put out her frustration during biology class which was force her to keep silent for a moment. Sulli, on the other hand, was laughing so hard heard the outpouring heart of Krystal about plans for the summer holidays. "Yah! Stop laughing. Don't you have any plans for the holidays?"

 

"Mmm... I'm not yet think about that," she replied relaxed.

 

"Jeez. Don't tell me that you're going to sit in the library of the city along the summer holidays," Krystal shook her head in disbelief with narrowed eyes.  

 

"You already know, so I didn't bother to say," Sulli giggled watching her friend furious face, concerned face on the face of Krystal. Concerned about Sulli youth are not properly enjoyed. How could it not? Her age is still 17 years old and still fairly young, she just hanging out with a book. And the only human friend that she had was Krystal.

 

Krystal looked around the cafeteria, biting her lip. Her habit when she was thinking has not changed. Even when Krystal has been steady with her mind and her decision and she would just say to Sulli, Sulli representative to convey the anxiety Krystal.

 

"Don't worry. I will do the work of Mrs. Park all with yours," precise, accurate, and to the point without further ado. Krystal smiled broadly. She was about to shuffle Sulli's hair but again...Sulli faster to stop the movement. "But I have one condition."

 

"Anything. Anything, Ssul. I will do anything for you so I can be free from the duty to go to the U.S.."

 

"For 3 months, buy me lunch."

 

"Execute the command, commander," said Krystal and she immediately stormed Sulli's hair then scrambles it. "I miss your long hair, Ssul."

 

"Don't forget to bring me something from U.S., understand?"

 

 

 


 

 

 

Just arrived at the house, Minho surprised by a message from Taemin. Luckily, he has not yet had time to lay down on his comfortable bed. If that happens, Minho would give up his life completely to rest and sleep on the bed. And the message from Taemin... definitely neglected.

 

 

From : Lee Taemin

I'm so sorry, Minho. My Mom is sick, so I can't go to the city library today. I already call Shin, but he can't go too.

 

 

Minho sighed and exhale forcefully. He read a message from Taemin once again. Tired. Despair. With energy left, Minho typing a reply message to Taemin. Let this be a kindness that he made today to friends his comrades in arms.

 

 

To : Lee Taemin

I'm on my way to the city library.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Already 30 minutes Minho walked  surrounding at the shelves exclusively for the history books but the result was nil. Of course nil. Which he did from the start was just pacing not clear, with no intention to touch the books that such neat and seriously looking for a book he was looking for. His arrival to the city library today may be completely wasted if a girl doesn't come to him and ask what he needs.

 

"Hello, sir. Let me help you, what book are you looking for?" polite and gentle tone of voice and it was not too strong, enough to wake Minho of his deeds which is vain.

 

"Mmm ... Oh, I'm looking for books about the history of Europe," not know if there is a funny thing that made she grinned when heard Minho answer. Is she like history? Try to think realistically, and that was all Minho could think about a mysterious grin of a short-haired girl.  

 

"I know the good books," said the girl and immediately went looking for the books that have been imprinted on her brain. Minho looked at her with a strange look. The girl looked very young. Apparently there is a girl who is crazy about history rather than fashion, make-up, or other matters relating to women in general.

 

This time Minho tried seriously to achieve his main goal coming here. Looking for european history books! However it looks like Minho brain can not work with it, the flashback scene the last time he came here played back on his head.

 

Special shelf science books...

 

Loud noise generated because of book fall...

 

History books in the science books lined...

 

A photograph...

 

That's it! A photograph. A photograph that capture the figure of a beautiful girl whose smile without any load. Very natural. The smile which are not engineered. Smile that made him fascinated until this day.

 

After a few seconds sleep in the thoughts that are not important, Minho chose to not look for books of European history which is the main purpose why he came to the city library. He had a mission. Mission which he said is important but it's actually nothing. The mission is quite unique to his self.  

 

Minho walked towards special shelf for science books, the history book maybe that he found 4 months ago may be it was still tucked in there. But no. There is absolutely no. And this time it really was no because Minho look carefully without leaving any books that are not audited. Hm. May have been placed back on the shelves of history books? Who knows.

 

It is true that people who enjoy what they do, they will not feel tired. Minho is experienced now. In the history books lined, he is not looking for a European history book that supposed to be looking for but he is looking for the history book where it is tucked a photo of a girl. There a librarian who would help me, right?  He thought, remembering a girl approached him and offered help.

 

"Finally, I found it," Minho aghast happy because finally he almost managed to complete his 'important' mission.

 

Grep

 

Minho frowned.

 

Grep - He pulled it.

 

Grep - There is reply pull from the other side of the rack. Minho bit down - a girl? Ah, right. A girl who offered him help earlier. They're gazed each other on the sidelines of the shelf.

 

Minho managed to look annoyed, tugging the book stronger. A girl there eventually relented, and Minho smirked thinly.

 

After the pull-book incident, the girl appeared before him with all 5 tome about the history of Europe.

 

"Here. Several books are you looking for," he handed the stack of books to Minho. The girl smiled. "I recommend those books because those are good."

 

Eh, wait?

 

It looks like Minho ever seen a smile like that...

 

But where?

 

"Oh yeah, can I borrow a book you just grab off the shelf for a while?" she pleaded.

 

"It is?" Minho pointed to the book he found it by his own efforts. She nodded. Want or not want, Minho handed it to her. She opened it and took out a photo tucked there. Is she going to take the photo? Oh no! Don't do that.

 

"I was just looking for this," she said as she showed the photo. Before Minho could say anything, the girl turned out to be faster. "It's my old photos when I have long hair. Had tucked when I brought this book home."

 

May be. Without realizing it. She just said things that made Minho's face flushed, heart pounding, legs limp, body froze in place immediately.

 

"By the way, do you want to borrow this book? It's a history book of Asia, not europe history book," did the girl should cornering Minho like that? Innocently ask something that is actually connected with her. Without knowing the intent behind the initiative Minho take the book.

 

"I..I just...."

 

"Eh? Sorry if I'm asking things that are not appropriate. Sorry for my curiosity. Would you like to borrow these books, don't you?" a relief, after an awkward silence for a while, finally solved too. She took all the books that Minho brought to she brought to the table that contained the word 'Librarian' there. Minho followed her. Deftly, she was carrying out her job as a librarian. Then she's return the six books to the borrower. "This is the book you want to borrow."  

 

"T..thanks," Minho murmured and again...she gave the same smile.

 

It turns photos and reality can be so different.

 

In that photograph...

It's very sweet smile.

 

If you see it in person...

That smile much sweeter than the one in the photo.

 

Enough to melt Minho.

 

Minho presence that did not yet go from the librarian table make the librarian confused. "What can I do for you?"

 

"Can I... Can I take that photo?"

 

"Hm? Oh, this one?" she pointed the photo which is Minho mission a while ago.

 

Minho looked down and blushed. He shyly nodded. She giggled as it was funny behavior. She handed the photograph and immediately he ran out of the town library like a lightning-flash, but soon he was back again. She raised her eyebrows. What is it this time?

 

"Your name?" Minho asked.

 

"Jinri, Choi Jinri. But you can call me Sulli," she smiled again. Oh, God! That smile could make Minho's heart explode. "And you?"

 

"I'm Minho."

 

Sulli nodded. "Be careful on the way," she said, waving her hand as though Minho didn't want to go.

 

"Oh? Yes. See you later!" finished saying goodbye, Minho desperately ran because he was so tense. Love at first sight. Although not directly. Although only stare through a photograph, but he felt it. He felt what people are called love at first sight.

 

On the other hand, Sulli giggled while still keeping her voice down so as not to disturb people.

It was...unique introduction.

 

 

 

Hohoho.. This is the first chapter. How is it? ><