Mine

Mine

He looked up at the house where his girlfriend stayed alone.
He never understood how she could stay in that old and haunted looking house. It gives him the creeps whenever he went over.

He gulped and walked up to the door.
Before he got his hand to knock on the door, it swung open and the next thing he knew he was getting attacked by hugs and kisses.

"Hey." He laughed.
"Hi." The girl smiled and kissed him.
"Why the excitement?" He laughed.
"You know I'm always excited to see you. Especially when we haven't met in days, Junhyung." The girl pouted.
The boy named Junhyung shook his head and smiled at his girlfriend.

"Minyoung, why are you so cute?" He pinched her nose lightly.
"Because I am Minyoung, duh!" She laughed and pulled him into the house.

As soon as he entered the house, he felt a rush of cold air.
He shivered and ignored it. He closed the door behind him and leaned against it.

"Come here." Junhyung pulled Minyoung closer to him.
"What?"
"What are you gonna do today?" He buried his head in her neck and mumbled.
"I know what you are thinking, but nothing dirty. I was planning to clean out the house. The attic especially. It's too much for me to do it alone, you gotta help me." She gently push him away and smile.
"Meh. It's 8.30am, can we get something to eat first? Or is there a coke supply in this house?" Junhyung trudged his way to the kitchen.
"Yes, I stocked up on the coke supply last night. Am such a good girlfriend, ain't I?" She giggled and hugged her boyfriend from the back.
"The best but I need to quit my coke addiction." He sighed and shook his head.
"Don't, it's cute." She poked him on the side.
"What do you wanna eat?" She frowned and started staring at the contents of her fridge.

"I'm not hungry. Besides, I can't trust your cooking." Junhyung joked.
"I can cook very well! Hmpfh! Fine, don't eat than. Go away." she tried to push him away from her and out of the kitchen but failed. He was much stronger than she was.
"I was joking baby." He forced hug her.
"You're not forgiven. Till we clear the attic. I have so much stuff from school and childhood there. My gosh." She grumbled as they climbed the stairs to the attic.

"You are not joking when you said you had a lot of stuff up here. This place... I can't even see the floor!"
"I know right. Let's start with here..." She picked up a box.
"We shall go down to my room to sort the stuff out! Since there is no place up here for us to do so." She glanced round the attic and shook her head.


Junhyung picked up a picture frame from the box.
"Is this chubby girl... YOU?!" He smirked.

"Well yeah, that's me. chubby and adorable!"
"I didn't know you had a brother!" Junhyung commented as he took out another frame from the box.
"I don't." Minyoung answered without looking up from the photo album.
"Than who is this?" He turned the photo frame.
"WAIT. WHY IS THAT IN THIS BOX?! I swear I threw it away." She snatched the frame out of Junhyung's hands.
"Who's that?" Junhyung stood in front of her.
"My ex boyfriend. Dongwoon."
"Never heard you talk about him though." Junhyung sat down beside her.
"He committed suicide. When I broke up with him." She said slowly.
"It sounds like something I would do." Junhyung tried to joke, to lighten up the atmosphere.
"I was so afraid of what he said before he killed himself...." Minyoung tensed up. "He said that no matter what, he will be with me, no matter what it takes..."
"Alrights, shhhsss, don't talk about it anymore. Come, give me that frame, I'll throw it away for you." Junhyung said, hugging her.
"Stay here, I'll get you something to drink. call Eunha or something, to calm you down. Alrights."
He stood up and kissed her forehead before going downstairs with the photoframe.

Minyoung shook the hair out of her face and picked up her phone from her bed.
"Hey Eunha? Free to talk now?"


Junhyung looked at the photo frame. The boy in the picture... he looks strangely familiar. It's like he knows him. Where has he seen it before?
Sliding his thumb across the picture to wipe the dust away, he looked at the face closely.
"It's him!" Junhyung gasped as he remembered where he had seen Dongwoon before.

---

"Goodnight. I'm hanging up." Junhyung wished his girlfriend goodnight before hanging up the phone.
Snuggling into his warm blanket, he drifted off to sleep and had the most vivid dream he ever had.

It was dark, all he could see was a light at the end of where he was standing, he kept walking towards it.
"Junhyung. Is it?" He heard someone behind him.
He turned around, and came face to face with a good looking boy, not much older than 17.
"Yes, I am Junhyung. Who are you?" He asked.
"Who am I doesn't matter. You're Minyoung's current boyfriend isn't it?"
"So what I am?" Junhyung answered defiantly.
"Oh nothing. Nothing at all." The boy smirked, and slowly faded.
Junhyung turned to continued walking towards the light. It got brighter, till it started to burn his eyes.

He let out a yell, and sat up. It was a dream.

"Are you okay, baby?" Minyoung sat down on the bed in front of Junhyung.
"I'm okay, bad dream. Good morning." Junhyung smiled and kissed his girlfriend.
"Sorry, I opened the curtains, cause I couldn't get you to wake up, so I thought maybe the sun would help." Minyoung said shyly.
"It's okay." Junhyung laid back on bed, pulling Minyoung down with him.
"So what was your bad dream about?" Minyoung asked as she played with his hair.
"Nothing much, just that I was walking on forever in a dark place, towards a light, and the light got brighter and I thought my eyes were gonna burn up and I'll go blind."
"Well, it's a dream. Just a dream. Don't bother about it." She laughed and snuggled into his embrace.

---

'What does he want with me? What does he want with Minyoung?' Junhyung thought as he clutched the photo frame till his knuckles turned white.
He thought back to what Minyoung told him. "He said that no matter what, he will be with me, no matter what it takes..." It echoed in his mind.
The glass of the photo frame shattered in his hands, and the broken glass made a gaping hole in his palm.
"!" Junhyung cursed as he reached for the sink.
But before he could get to the sink, he collasped to the floor.


"Are you oka- OH MY GOD, BABY! ARE YOU OKAY? BABY!!" Minyoung walked into the kitchen to see Junhyung on the floor, unconscious. Her phone slipped from her hands and landed on the floor with a crash, but she didn't seem to notice.
"Answer me, are you okay?! YONG JUNHYUNG! ANSWER ME!" Minyoung cried as she shook his body.
She reached for her phone. "Eun.. Eunha...." She was sobbing so hard, she couldn't form a full sentence.

She held up Junhyung's hands to hold them, and it was only than she realised that wound.
"Minyoung. Minnie honey. what's wrong? Minnie?" Minyoung's voice could be heard through the phone.
She reached for phone again, but was stopped. She looked down at what was restraining her. Junhyung's injured hand.
"I'm fine, I'll call you back."

"Minyoung." Junhyung said, but it wasn't his voice.
"Junhyung, what's wrong with your voice."
"Minyoung." He repeated himself.
"Oh my god, Dongwoon?!" She backed away from her boyfriend.
"miss me?" Dongwoon asked.
"I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming." Minyoung closed her eyes and stepped backwards.
"No, you're not." She opened her eyes, and he stood infront of her.
"What do you want from me?!" Minyoung screamed as he grabbed her wrist.
"Remember my promise?" The possessed man smirked.
"No, get away from me. Give me back my boyfriend!" Minyoung tried to wrench free.
"I promised I will be with you for eternity, I promised you I will be with you no matter what. I'm keeping those promises." Dongwoon said, still not letting go.
"Don't be crazy! Let me go!" Minyoung struggled.
"I can't let you go, not even in death..."
"You're dead, I'm still alive. We can't be together. If you really love me, you would want me to be happy. I'm happy with Junhyung now." Minyoung said, sobbing now.
"I can't let you do that, you belong to me and me alone." Dongwoon dragged her out of the kitchen.
"Where are you bringing me?! Let me go!!" She screamed, hoping her neighbours would hear and come over to help.

He kept quiet and dragged her to her room. Tightening his grip on her wrist with his left hand, he dragged her chair and rummaged through the box that was left on the floor.
He found what he was looking for, a rope.
"Sit." Minyoung refused.
"SIT!" He shouted and pushed her onto the chair.
"Why are you doing this? None of this is real right? You're Junhyung right? This is just a prank right?" Minyoung look at Dongwoon with hopeful eyes.
"You'll never be with Junhyung again." He simply answered.
He took the rope and tied her tightly to the chair.
"Let me go, please. I beg you." She begged him, but he pretended he didn't hear.
After he was done tying, he sat down on her bed.

"I miss your bed. I miss your room. I miss you." He glanced around the room, and stopped his gaze at a photo frame on her bedside table. A picture of Junhyung kissing her on her birthday.
He clenched his fist and threw the photo frame across the room.
"When you left me, I was so broken. We promised each other eternity, didnt we?" Dongwoon said slowly.
"Things changed. You became so possessive that it's scary. I can't live with that!" Minyoung explained.
"You don't know how hurt I was. I begged you to stay, I promised I would change, but you still left."
"YOU WERE A STALKER!"
"Only because I love you too much."
"Loving someone isn't the reason to stalk them. You had mental problem, you needed to be treated. But you decided to end your own life!"
Dongwoon stood in front her.

"You know why I wanted to end my life?" He asked softly. She could feel his breath on her cheeks.
She shook her head. "Life wasn't worthwhile without you."
"Than why bother coming back to haunt me, and possess Junhyung?!" Minyoung demanded to know.
"I didnt want to hurt anybody, really. I just wanted to watch you from afar. Which is why I have bit of my soul in that picture frame."
"You're sick, really." Minyoung spat out, in disgust.
"I was fine with you dating him, but when I found out he was gonna propose to you tonight, that was it, I had to stop this."
Minyoung looked up at him in disbelief. This man standing in front of her, was her loving boyfriend, Yong Junhyung. But the soul within, was her ex boyfriend, Sohn Dongwoon.

"This is some serious mind ." She cursed.
"It will end soon." Dongwoon promised.
"Yeah, get out of my boyfriend's body, leave and all is well."
"It won't be that simple, honey." He tried to kiss, but she turned her head away.
He stood up straight and went over to her desk. He picked up something.
"What are you doing with my penknife?"
"You'll see." He smiled and walked over to her.
He untied her right hand, and lifted it up. Lowering the blade on her skin, she screamed in pain as he carved his name into her skin, blood oozing out from the wounds.
"Dongwoon, what are you doing? Dongwoon... It hurts, stop..." She cried.
"No, this is something for you to remember me by." He said as he untied the rope, lifting her left hand.
On that hand, he carved the words "Eternity. 160606." Eternity is the promise they hold, and the number symbolizing the date they got together. 16 June of 2006.

"You know I lose blood quickly, why are you doing this?" She asked, hysterical.
"We can't be together if you're not dead." He said.
"I don't want to die!" She yelled.
"Too late." He smirked as he leaned back on her bed, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

2 hours later, he woke up to see a very pale Minyoung.
"How do you feel?" Dongwoon smirked.
Minyoung managed to lift her arms up to show him the middle finger.
"Feisty. You're dying, and you know it." He smiled.
"S-hu-t... up!"
"To tell you the truth, I didn't do all this because I still love you. I did this because I wanted revenge. You hurt me so badly, I couldn't think straight and I committed suicide." He squat down beside her.
"Fu-ck... you."
"Whatever, ." He stood up and walked out of the room to roam around the house, one last time.

"I did like this place." He said out loud and sighed before heading back to Minyoung's room.
She was laying motionlessly on the floor, her last desperate attempt to escape before she fell dead.
Dongwoon squatted next to her body, swiping her fringe behind her ears, than kissing her forehead.
"I love you, so much. If I can't have you, no one else can."

---

Junhyung groaned as he sat up in bed with a terrible headache.
He raised his hand to support his head when he felt a sharp pain on his palm. He removed his hand and looked at it in shock.
A cut. He tried to remember how he got it.
"Oh my god, where is Minyoung?!" He said out. He swing his legs out and stood up, noticing the broken photo frame across the room, he began walking towards it.
Blood.
He turned his head, and he saw Minyoung laying on the floor.
"Rachel!" He kneeled down and hugged her to his body.
"Answer me.. Baby, answer me." He begged. He saw the carvings on her arms, and he clenched his fist in anger.
He looked up, took a deep breath. "Dongwoon, are you happy now? I swore to be with her no matter what, now she's dead, I don't see the point in me living as well."
With the never ending flow of tears flowing down his cheeks, he picked up the penknife left on the floor, stained with Minyoung's blood.
The blade of the penknife sliced through his skin, and through his veins in his wrist. It hurt, but nothing would hurt more than killing his own girlfriend.
"I love you, I love you, I love you." He kept saying that three words over and over again, till he couldn't anymore.