The Game called Neverland

Pixie Dust

        I'm a bit nervous. This is dedicated to my sister, (who begged me to do HunHan.) I just hope this turned out okay. Enjoy! ^-^ Oh if anyone was really wondering. Luhan is eight, Sehun is five, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are seven.


     

       "You know Luhan, your father and I saw a play set in the neighbor's backyard when we looked at the house. I'm pretty sure they have kids your age, there's no doubt you'll be friends with them in no time!" The woman with her hair tied into a neat bun gave her nervous son a warm smile. Luhan glanced at his mom and gave a shaky grin. He knew he should be more brave, he did just turn eight after all, but anybody moving into a different city where they knew nobody was a scary situation. As the small, black vehicle came to a stop by a two story tan house with a small white fence surrounding the green lawn, Luhan let out a shaky breath. The woman squealed, the house was just as cute as she remembered. The quiet balding man in the drivers seat let out a relieved sigh as he unbuckled his seat belt. The woman hastily undid herself, and grinned back at her son before exiting the car. Unlike his parents, Luhan slowly pulled himself out of the car, and hugged his green dinosaur stuffed animal to his chest. The jumpy dark haired boy looked around the crowded neighborhood. The street seemed endless of many houses that looked like his, some with peeling paint while others looked brand new. Some lawns were flooded with items others had neat kept gardens for all to see. He small smile crept up on his face as he spotted a short boy swinging a wooden sword at a older boy who had a permanent grin on his face while another boy was whining about something on the sidelines. His continuous stare didn't go unnoticed by his energetic mom either. 

    "Why don't you go ask those boys if you can play too? I told you there was kids your age right next door." Before Luhan could voice his protest, the woman lightly pushed her son towards the trio that was in their own little world. The petite boy could feel the shakes coming from his nervousness. What if these boys were perfectly fine with three? What if they think he's just some stupid little kid who still carries around a stuffed dinosaur? All these thoughts were racing through the innocent eight year old head that he didn't even notice the boy whining about something took notice of him.

    "Hey guys, check it out! I guess you guys have a new neighbor." A smile broke out onto the boy's face as Luhan shyly approached them. The other two stopped battling momentarily before looking over at the new person. The one who was recently sitting on the wooden steps of the porch bounded over to the timid eight year old.

    "Hello~ There! I'm Byun Baekhyun! What's your name?" Luhan took a step back from the adorable boy, swearing he just saw sparkles around the boy's face as he introduced himself. He was wearing a dark purple t-shirt with light blue stripes, light blue jeans, and purple sneakers. A small hand was stuck out at Luhan, and he just stared at it reluctantly. The boy's kind face didn't waver at the hesitance. 

"I-I'm..,--" Baekhyun's face was soon replaced by a tall, overly happy dark brown haired boy who looked eager to see a new face. He was wearing a plain dark red long sleeved shirt, tan cargo shorts, and beaten-up gray shoes. Instead of politely shaking his hand, the tall child shook Luhan's hand with no hesitance. There was no doubt Luhan was overwhelmed with the peppy child. Although he couldn't help a small smile make its way to his face. 

  "Park Chanyeol at your service! I live in this house," He gestured towards the two story white house they were standing in front of. "with my little brother, Sehun! He's the moody boy over there. Don't mind him, hes just a bit mad that we had to stop playing. Hey! I got a great idea! Why don't you join us in our game? We could use another person to be on Se Hun's side.--" Chanyeol was cut off by a hand blocking his smiling mouth, Baekhyun made his appearance once again as he pushed Chanyeol away from the frightened Luhan. Luhan gave a quiet "Thanks." to the curly haired boy. 

  "Your name, please? Chanyeol is a bit...energetic...when he meets new people. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. By the way, I live right next across the street from you." He pointed to the cream colored house situated across the street. Luhan nodded in acknowledgement.

  "I'm Luhan." He felt more confident after talking with the two kind people, although Chan Yeol was a bit scary at first. Luhan then took notice of the boy referred to as Sehun standing a distance behind Baekhyun. He was wearing a green camouflage t-shirt, dark jeans, and green tennis shoes. The boy gave him a once over before turning his head towards the street and crossing his arms. Sehun was not happy that his game was ruined. Even though this new kid was adorable! From his messy brown hair to his pink chubby cheeks, Luhan just screamed "Cute!". Sehun sighed, and made his way over to the small group. 

   "Can we get back to the game, please? I'm bored." Sehun impatiently pulled on his older brother's sleeve. Chanyeol laughed loudly before patting his brother on the back. 

   "Sure! Luhan! You want to join us? I'm sure we can make room for you! We were just playing a game called Neverland! I was the mean captain who is battling Peter Pan. Baekhyun is the princess that we are fighting over." Baekhyun's face tinged pink and he yelled out in embarrassment.

    "I didn't ask to be the princess! It was their choice!" The three boys laughed at the bashful boy. Luhan nodded in agreement at Chanyeol. He didn't know it would be this easy to make new friends. Luhan couldn't even remember why he was scared at first. Sehun suddenly got up in his face, examining him closely. The older boy held his breath, a warm blush creeping its way up his neck. Sehun suddenly pulled away, a bit disappointed.

    "He's too girly to fight alongside me." He bluntly stated, turning around to give his brother a frustrated look. Chanyeol laughed nervously, but the smile never left his face. Baekhyun looked in deep thought for a moment. Sehun was standing with his back towards Luhan and tapping his foot restlessly. The ignored boy felt slight offended at the statement, claiming his was more manlier than Sehun would ever be. Of course, he didn't voice his argument. Suddenly, Sehun had a idea. A mischievous grin slowly made its way onto his face as he turned back towards Luhan, who had a thoughtful expression on his angelic face. The five-year old poked the elder's cheek, surprising Luhan out of his day dreaming. The words that came out of Sehun's mouth confused him even more.

   "You can play Tinkerbell. She's a fairy that follows Peter Pan everywhere." Luhan was even more confused at the mention of she. He was pretty sure he wasn't a girl, and he was manly enough to play a more masculine part. Sehun gave Luhan a light pat on his cheek, causing them to turn scarlet once again. "It's perfect, right? Now lets play." 

  Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a bewildered look while Chanyeol replied with a shrug of his shoulders. With only a small protest from Luhan that went unnoticed, they started to play again. Luhan stood next to Baekhyun as the fight continued. He didn't really know what Tinkerbell did, all he knew is that she flew around following. While the two boys fought and shouted at each other, Luhan looked over at his house. His mom was chatting up the movers as they moved their furniture into the house, and his dad was help carrying the couch inside. He sighed and started to pick at the fluffy green hair of his dragon. Sehun stepped up on one of the steps of the porch, finally eye-level with his older brother. They continued to shout random names at each other. Baekhyun and Luhan were sat on the grass, Baekhyun shouting every now and then that he needed saving, and Luhan encouraged Sehun to win. 

    "Luhan! I need some of your pixie dust to beat Chanyeol!" Wait, what? Luhan gave Sehun a tilt of his head to show his confusion. Baekhyun had a little twinkle in his eye before whispering into Luhan's ear. At the explanation, Luhan nodded his head at his friend, thanking him for explaining. Baekhyun grinned widely, before patting Luhan on the back signaling him to hurry. Sehun rolled his eyes at Luhan as he approached him. The younger boy abruptly froze at the soft pressure on his cheek. As the softness was only there for a second, it felt like it was imprinted on Sehun's skin. He gingerly touched the place on his cheek, and felt himself blush. Chanyeol took this as the time to strike, so he pretended to stick his sword into Sehun by poking his tummy with the tip of the wood. Sehun was shook out of his trance at the pressure. Chanyeol was jumping up and down while hugging Baekhyun saying that he got to keep the princess forever, and Luhan was giggling by them. To say Sehun was surprised was a understatement; he was speechless. 

   Luhan had kissed him. On the cheek. 

 Sure, he was only five and it was just a little peck, but why did he feel so warm and gooey on the inside? Was he sick? Maybe Luhan poisoned him or something. He couldn't stop blushing while looking at the older boy. Sehun sighed and rubbed his cheeks to get them to stop blushing. All he could do was ask his parents opinion on what it was. So he pushed the weird feelings away, and attacked his older brother, declaring a rematch.


   What the heck did I just write....

Well, I hoped you liked it! Please leave a comment, (I'd really like to know where to improve on.)