Final

With A Kiss And A Hug

 

“So our comeback is in a week.”

“Yeah, and I won’t be here to watch it.”

“Uhuh.”

“I’m sorry oppa.”

Kyungsoo looked at me with a sad smile.

 

“It’s alright. I mean, you can watch it on the internet. And hey, don’t be sorry. Going to France is a once in a lifetime chance. You can’t let this opportunity go.” He said reassuringly.

 

I nodded back in understanding. Kyungsoo had always been there for me. Even though we hadn’t known each other for long but during the whole two years of knowing him, he had always been a sort of pillar for me; someone I could lean on and someone who would help keep me grounded. He was always there to support me, and by leaving for France and not being there when he needed me made me feel like I wasn’t doing him justice. Like it wasn’t fair to him.

As we stood there in front of the lift, I peeked at him from the corner of my eye and just badly wanted to say that I was sorry. But I knew that if I did, the guilt would build up inside of me and Kyungsoo would never allow that. I took another peek at him. I am truly sorry oppa.

Just then, the lift doors opened and the two of us entered. Kyungsoo pressed on the ground floor button and the lift doors closed, enclosing us behind its cold steel walls.

“So I guess there will be no more fights over who gets the last dumpling,” said Kyungsoo breaking the silence. I couldn’t help a grin. “And no more ‘Guys! Just shut up and clean this place up!’” I added. “Well, there will still be plenty of that. You just won’t be there to listen to me say it.” “Yeah, that’s true. And aww, I won’t be able to listen to you sing What is Love live.” I said and imitated his trademark ‘Ooh whoa’s and ‘my baby’s from the song. Kyungsoo laughed. “No more ‘Oppa~~~~~~!’ from you either,” he said, imitating my rather annoying ‘oppa’ call. The both of us cracked up at the accurate imitation.

The lift bell made a clear ‘Ding!’ as we reached the ground floor. We exited the lift and walked ahead, stopping before reaching the corridor to the lobby to avoid any unwanted eyes prying on us. I turned to face Kyungsoo. He looked at me with a smile that almost melted my heart.  “I’ll miss you,” he said as he took my hand and gave it a squeeze. Somehow my heart couldn’t take it. Was this really the last time I’ll be seeing him? Suddenly, I decided to take a leap of faith. I felt regret for not doing it earlier but I knew that I’d regret not doing it all. So I did it. I leaned in and pecked Kyungsoo on the lips before giving him a hug.

“I’ll miss you too oppa.”

I let go and looked at him, taking in every inch of his face, his expression, those sad eyes. Maybe I shouldn’t have looked at him. Maybe I should’ve walked away the second I let go. But I knew I couldn’t. I wanted to make sure I remembered him and the way he looked. And when he smiled, that sweet smile he always had on for me, I knew that I didn’t regret anything. And I knew that everything would be alright.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you all liked it!