How we met.

Dream meeting ~

It’s been a year since I’ve liked my bias. This might be ridiculous but I actually took note of the day I decided to like him. It’s like our own anniversary, except he doesn’t know I exist. He and his group are having a concert at my town. As much as I would love to go, I can’t afford it. So instead of screaming for his name at their concert, I’m working a part-time job so in case he comes back, I’ll have enough to actually go and see him. Even if it’s only a figment of my imagination, I still want to celebrate this day. After buying a small cake, I went to the city area where you can see the beautiful skyline of the city. There was even a river near the area. Even if I was alone, I want to celebrate.

It was half past ten in the evening when I sat on a bench near the river and place the box of cake on my lap, hesitating whether I should take it out or not.

 

Waiting for a date?” a stranger wearing a hoodie and a face mask asked, seating on the same bench I was seating.

 

Well… no” I said timidly. Sensing that I there’s something bothering me, the stranger asked

 

What’s up?” Feeling both happy and down at the same time, I decided to pour my heart out since what are the odds that I’ll be meeting him again anyway.

 

It’s just that today is the anniversary since I’ve liked my bias”

 

“Bias?

 

“Someone I really like. He’s a k-pop idol! In fact, they just finished a concert here about an hour ago!”

 

Did you meet him?

 

“Sadly no. I was working. I didn’t save enough for their concert so I’m saving for the next one”

 

There was a long pause. And for some reason, it feels comfortable and not awkward at all. I actually enjoyed talking to this stranger so I have to keep the conversation going.

 

So what brings you here?”

 

It’s a nice view here! I need some time off for myself before I go to another country”

 

 “You travel?”

 

“A lot. But I’m not alone. I’m with my friends so its cool”

 

“Must be nice. That’s one of my dreams too! To be able to travel so that I can meet him”

 

“Is that so? You know that dreams do come true”

 

“Yeah ~ Right” I said sarcastically

 

“Really. I’m actually living it right now”

 

“And what would that be?”

 

“To be able to perform around the world”

 

“Well, good for you Mr. World Performer”

 

We continued talking for about an hour and a half more. I started talking about how I always try to connect to my bias through all the social media (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and pretty much everywhere). He also shared his experiences and places he went.

 

(15 minutes before 12)

 

“About your cake…”

 

I know, you’ve been eyeing my cake ever since you sat here. How about I light up the candle and then we can both eat it?”

 

“Even better!”

 

After lighting up the candle

 

“Don’t we need to wish first before blowing out the candle?”

 

Oh! Right.”

 

We both closed our eyes and made a wish at exactly 12 midnight. We blew out the candle together. We opened our eyes and smiled, even if I can barely see it, I can sense that he was smiling beneath his mask

 

“So, what did you wish for?”

 

“What we’ve been talking about, being able to meet him. How about you? You need a new wish or dream since you’ve already achieve yours”

 

To fall in love with someone very passionate about me. Dating a fan would be nice”

 

“Well since you’ve already achieve your dream before, I’m pretty sure you can achieve that ”

 

“Oh! I think it already did” He slowly removed his mask and hoodie.

 

 There it revealed HIM! My bias! He stuck out his hands indicating me to shake his hand. My eyes were opened wide, hands were shaking and lips were trembling.

 

“It’s.. It’s.. It’s you..” I stutter and barely said audible. My mind was still processing. I just poured my heart out about my bias. Told him all the embarrassing things I dreamed about him and I being together someday. I knew my bias from head to toe. It didn’t even occur to me that the stranger was talking in a Korean English accent.

 

 As I was still in daze, my phone began to rang. I snapped out of my trance and answered the phone.

 

Mom: Where are you? You do know that its already pass 12.

 

Me: I know. I just get held up at work (I lied). Don’t worry, I’m on my way.

 

Mom: Okay. Be safe!

 

“As much as I want to stay, I’m sorry. I have to go. Nice meeting you! You’re right, dreams do come true. You can keep the cake. It’s yours now. Don’t worry, it’s safe” I said walking away. If my mom wasn’t worrying for me to come home, I could’ve stayed longer.

 

“Wait! Can I at least get a name? or at least your user name? since you’ve been trying to contact me through social media”

 

“It’s (Username)! It’s the same name I use on all my accounts. I’m one and only” I smiled and waved goodbye.

 

As soon as I reached home, I went straight to bed. The whole scene was still recurring in my head resulting of me not getting any sleep. Since I’m still awake, I decided to logged on my Tumblr. When I opened my account, I was noted that I had received a message and it says

 

“You’re right! You are one and only. I searched you as soon as possible. I just want to say that I had a great time with you a while ago. I brought back the cake to my hotel room. I’ve tasted the cake too! It’s amazing! It’s my favourite flavour. I’ll be selfish. I won’t share any to my members. Anyway, I want to thank you for your outmost support. I’ve seen a lot of fan like you but somehow, you stand out amongst them. I really want to get to know you more. Even just over here. Better yet, you can give me your e-mail or your number for more secured privacy. Hope to see you again (Username)!

P.S.

If you’re planning on changing any of your social media username, mind telling me? I really don’t want to loose contactJ

 

I smiled to myself knowing that we just didn’t breathed in the same air, he finally know I exists. No matter how this ends, I look forward to what the future has in store for us.