crush.

✦ contagious ; light my life ⋆ krisyeol drabbles

If talking to your crush was the hardest thing in the world, then what would being indirectly rejected feel like?


It took Chanyeol a fair amount of time to gather the confidence to actually bring up this topic. He and Kris were close enough to be friends but he didn’t know if they have crossed the line to be best friends. Friends talk to each other about daily stuff; what you had for dinner, what you got for a test, what person you find attractive. Best friends are more than that. Best friends talk about the fights you had with your parents, the fits you throw at your siblings, and, your crushes. Everyone has that one person that you not only find attractive, but also want to spend time with. Best friends are there to let you speak out those fantasies and keep it as laughing material between the two of you.


It was a typical Friday night; most people go out clubbing and celebrating the end of their week of hard work. Chanyeol was brave enough to finally invite Kris over to his house; just the two of them. Kris gladly accepted the offer since the stress of three essays has been building up on him and he needed this night to get his mind off all the collage things.


Things went smoothly for the first two hours. They ordered pizza and snuck out some alcohol that Chanyeol’s parents would get furious over if they saw him drink. For those two hours, nothing seemed to be a bother in this world. The two boys just busied themselves by bringing out those ‘friendly’ conversations and being happy. It wasn’t until their pack of beer that Chanyeol felt light-headed enough to take the conversation one step further. “So…” he started with an obvious slur present in his voice. “Do you…happen to like anyone?”


These words seemed to have caught Kris off guard. The two of them sat there in silence for a few brief seconds before Kris broke into a small laughter. “Yes” he answered coolly. Chanyeol blanked out for a moment. A small part of him hoped that it was him who Kris was referring to but the majority knew that wasn’t possible. His eyes started to fog up but he decided to think of that as the alcohol affecting him. He knew he wouldn’t be able to hold himself together to hear that Kris liked someone else and he felt so god damn stupid for asking that question. He has liked Kris for two years now, things can’t change that quickly.


“W-who is it?” Chanyeol tried to hide his stutter with an unrealistic hiccup but luckily Kris didn’t seem to notice. Kris smiled; a sheepish smile that Chanyeol has never seen; a smile that is different to that cool smirks he usually wears; a smile that is reserved only for his so-called crush.


“Jongin, Kim Jongin.”


And that was what made Chanyeol completely break down, a trail of fake laughs leaving his lips as his eyes blurred with tears.


Smooth one Chanyeol.


How does it feel like to find out your crush likes your best friend?