Shattered: chapter one

SHATTERED

There are a lot of busy people around the big room. Chatting, and laughing. But those people were not ordinary, they were the powerful business people in South Korea, they were all well known people. You might be wondering why they gather in one place. They gathered because it was a day where the two most powerful companies in South Korea would become one. And it’s no ordinary event; it was a wedding ceremony. As they all waiting for the groom and the bride to come out they can’t help but to chat about the future that this two companies would be after.

Until the groom start to walk everyone kept quiet and smiled. Praised the groom’s features and his young success, as the groom stop from walking and waited to his spot, the best man and the groomsmen same for the bridesmaids came out one by one. After a few minutes the bride came out, walking slowly as her father holding her right hand, guiding her to the man who’s waiting at the ailed. Everyone smiled, praised her features and her success just like her future husband, but from what they all don’t know, that this wonderful and gracious wedding is all part of business and nothing more.

 

“She’s coming. Are you sure you won’t back out?”

“You know I can’t”

“Man, you can, I don’t want to see you in a loveless marriage”

“hyung, things might changed, we just both need to try.”

“…”

“hyung, thank you, but I choose this.”

“…it’s your decision.”

 

As she look at him with hesitations. She gripped her father’s hand

 

“don’t do anything that can harm my name.”

“But appa…”

“Don’t even think about it.”

 

As she slowly walk to him as her father gave her hand to a man, a man that she never knew, a man that she never loved and a man that she wouldn’t thought that could break her into pieces.

 

They both smiled at each other, they stood up in front of a priest, take their vows for each other and signed a contract, which they thought that could last forever.

 

“I Choi Minho, take you Park Dara to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part.”

“I Park Dara, take you Choi Minho to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part.”

 

 

Everyone give the newly wed a round of applause as they start to walk at the reception area. The wedding is over, but the greetings and such is not. They both keep on smiling, pretending that they enjoyed the event, but deep inside them both wanted to run away.

 

“You should smile.”

“Sorry, I’m still processing what happen.”

“…”

“I know it’s awkward to ask you this, but why did you agree to this marriage?”

“…”

“You should have said no.”

“…I’m sorry…I can’t tell you...”

“…oh, no problem…”

 

As he look at her and follow her gaze, he seems surprise that she was looking at her father, then he look at her again, and asked himself “what could it be?”

 

“unnie! Congratulations!”

“Thank you.”

“aigoo~ unnie, please be more energetic, it’s your wedding.”

“I’m so glad your still around, you know what I mean.”

“I should go greet others guest. Please enjoy yourselves.”

“Thank you”

“Thank you Minho oppa.”

“Cl.”

“What?”

“I know that this is going to be a selfish request but can you please pay a visit?”

“That? Sure”

 “Thank you”

 

As she hugged her happily and greet her other friends

 

“So how’s our bride doing?”

“Bommie~”

“Yah~ what’s with the look?”

“Could you guys come to our house if ever I’m alone? I’ve already asked Cl and she agreed.”

“Look Dara, I know that your going to be a housewife, but don’t drag us with you.”

“yah!”

“unnie.”

“so-sorry…Bommie ah~ please~”

“Ill pay you a visit of course.”

 

Meanwhile on the other side

 

“So what’s your plan?”

“What plan?”

“Look froggy, I’m not an idiot. I know you have something in your sleeves!”

“Key’s right Minho.”

“What are you guys saying?”

“hyung, onew hyung have told us everything”

“So mind telling us?”

“Okay”

“You’re just going to use her right?”

“hyung it’s the only way, after all this things were all scripted. I just have to play my role.”

“You’re an idiot. You’re just going to hurt her.”

“And you think I care?”

“Minho, you’re married she’s also the same.”

“hyung just stop. I won’t bother to listen to this discussion. I know all of you are against my plans”

“Hyung~”

 

As he left them looking at him with concern, he agreed to this marriage for one reason. That is freedom from his mother. And that freedom would be useful forever as long as she won’t entangle herself to his affairs with that person.

 

“Why did you tell them?”

“Minho I asked you at the ceremony to stop. But you did not. And from that moment I finally figured it out. You’re not going to try to love your wife, but rather use her for your freedom.”

“I love that girl. You all knew that.”

“Minho she’s married, just like you.”

“I don’t care”

“Minho if you think having an affair is fine just to be with her then your wrong.”

“I thought you understand me better than the three of them”

“Minho”

“I’m wrong.”

 

Then he left