Hungry Wolves

Let Out The Beast

 

 

Suho POV

 

I can see the fear in Yixing’s eyes. I bit my lips and breathe in heavily.

 

“Don’t freak out okay. I’m a werewolf.”

 

He nodded and opened his mouth, “But werewolves don’t bite and drinks blood!”

 

I closed my eyes—I just don’t know if I should feel bubbly because he was so cute the moment those words came out of mouth or I should feel sad because he isn’t believing me.

 

“I didn’t drink your blood. I bit you because I was giving you my venom—it’s the mating thing us wolves have.”

 

He turned red after hearing the word ‘mating.’

 

“M-Mating?!” I nodded and he covered his face.

 

“I made a mark on neck.” He touched his neck and looked at me shyly.

 

“It’s a sign that were connected wherever we go and whatever we do—all that matters is the distance.

 

Yixing was still processing my words and gulped.

 

“Distance?”

 

“We can’t be far away from each other for too long.” I said, biting my lips.

 

“Why? What happens if we’re far from each other?”

 

“I’ll weaken and die—but that is if we’re miles away from each other. We can still meet each othe—”

 

“No!” He suddenly shouted.

 

“That can’t happen! Don’t worry, I’ll live with you!”

 

 Just as what I've wanted.

 

___

 

 

Kris POV

“Gege, are you okay?” I tilted my head and saw Sehun with Luhan in his shoulder.

 

“I’m okay. You should worry about your mate.” He nodded.

 

Last night we encountered the Hunters. They learned about our shape shifting powers and concluded our presence as the wolf. Yes, we’re wolves—the last generation actually. According to some of the books from our ancestors, we don’t really live in the planet Earth. We live in planet EXO, the planet of shape-shifting persons with different personal powers other than that. Our planet was attacked by the opposing planet called planet MATO. The civilians of both planet died and a few of us were saved. Those who lived in today’s time are the last generation of EXOtics—aliens as what humans generalized about us. As a shape-shifting being, our kinds are able to change into different kinds of beings but those who lived here got custom of shifting into wolves that’s why our genes are inure of transforming into a wolf.

 

“Kris, are you hungry again?” My thoughts were interrupted by Luhan’s coarse voice.

 

I shook my head, “I’m full. How’s your wound?”

 

He waved his left arm in the air and smiled brightly to Sehun.

 

“I’m healed already.” He scooted for a kiss in his mate’s forehead.

 

Before I met Luhan, he was already with Sehun. I later found out about him biting Sehun which end up with them being mates.

 

“Are you still bothered by it?”

 

“I just have some bad vibes—I’m not sure if migrating is the best move we did. What if this endangers our other kinds in Seoul?”

 

He didn’t answer and massaged his sleeping mate’s temples.

 

“I can’t say it was the right move but considering how weak we are now, it could be the right thing to do.”

I nodded and closed my eyes.

 

I wasn't asleep unlike the other two who were sleeping soundly. I kind of envy them. Having no mate is like living every day with a hungry and thirsting feeling, even the food we eat isn't enough to quench my needs. Searching for a mate isn't my first priority for now though. Our safety is and us finding some of the remaining wolves.

 

"Luhan, wake up Sehun. We're in Seoul already."

 

The latter blinked before yawning and shook his partner. Sehun would only listen to Luhan—an attitude a mate will acquire once he is partnered with someone.

 

We we're on the Incheon Airport and I can smell a delicious scent in the air. It's not fresh but the scent is still in the air. I tried to keep my eyes normal and swallowed my own saliva. The whole place was b with his scent—torturing me in the process.

 

"Kris? What's wrong?" Luhan looked at me anxiously.

 

I put my sunglasses on and smelled some air. It was burning my throat.

 

“Nothing’s wrong, we need to hurry up.”

 

They nodded and we walked hurriedly outside and got a taxi. The address of Suho’s house is still fresh in my mind. I remembered once he said about finding four new pups and he used some of his money to adopt some of them.

 

We were already in the house and it was just a bit changed but everything’s the same. I pushed the buzzer button and a wide-eyed guy came out. We felt his presence as one of us, he was still days away to mature.

 

“This is Kim Joonmyun’s house, right?”

 

He nodded and a tan guy came out with a wide smile.

 

“Kris-hyung!!!!” He shouted and the wide-eyed boy let us in.

 

Kai was talking to him when we got inside. He was introduced as Do Kyungsoo, quiet cute one. I wonder if he’s the other one who lives here but I remember Joonmyun said that he gave ‘Kim’ surnames to the ‘pups’ he adopted.

 

“Where’s Suho?” I asked and Kyungsoo turned his head at me.

 

“He’s still out. He said he’s buying some groceries.”

 

I nodded and I turned to Luhan and Sehun—they suddenly shouted.

 

“Joonma is here!” They shouted at me and ran on the door.

 

“How do they know Suho-hyung is outside?”

 

Kyungsoo asked me, wide-eyed after seeing Suho getting inside with someone following behind him. I smelled the fresh venom in the air and HunHan were cheering them ‘new couple’.

 

“Erm, sorry for being late, Kyung help me with the dinner.”

 

He was flustered, fully knowing we can smell their scent. The person behind him followed him like there’s nothing wrong. Kai was talking to him in familiar voice and they end up playing.

 

“Hey, you guys want to play?” Kai asked Luhan and Sehun.

 

“Sure. What game do you play?”

 

Luhan asked, he’s quiet piqued of the latter’s game console. Sehun was following him like a dog, nodding to everything Luhan asks and says. I sat on the sofa and watched the kids getting along with each other. It seems that Kai is still unaware of his true self but he’s almost there, I better tell Joonmyun about it. It will be a big problem if his thirst becomes strong and bites his crush—which I presumed to be Kyungsoo.

 

Way to go, Joonmyun.

 

A sudden tingle in my throat, Luhan and Sehun turned their heads to me. I shook my head and stood up. I know it’s not the right moment to search for a mate right now. I asked Kai where the restroom and took one pair of black eye lens and put them in my red eyes. It’ll be troublesome if other people see this—especially if there’s Hunters roaming around the city.

 

“Guys, dinner is ready!” I sighed in relief, finally some food.

 

“Are you alright?” I nodded to Suho.

 

“Ah, the table is quiet full today.” He said with a wide smile.

 

The food was delicious I admit but it wasn’t able to fill my hunger. I tried to distract myself by talking to Sehun who is super hyped up with what happened to their game. He won three times while Kai haven’t won any, Luhan on the other hand won almost all of the rounds.

 

“Got any better?” Suho asked again, I sighed.

 

“I know you’re really in need of a mate, Kris. Tomorrow is Monday—you can enrol into our school. You might find your mate there.”

 

I scratched the back of my neck, “It would make me feel like a kid going back to school.”

 

He laughed looked around for his mate. I guess it’s true that you can’t feel at ease being away from your partner.

 

“No it won’t, I promise. You’re 19 in human age so it’s okay. I’ll process the papers later.”

 

Joonmyun ran towards his partner. If I remember it he calls him Lady Rainicorn. I walked to my room and my felt again the strong desire to find my partner. My thirst will be quenched once I find one. Burying my body, I let the sleepiness take me.

 

 

 

thanks for subscribing~ enjoy~