'Ireumui mwoeyo oppa?'

"Fist Love Never Dies" but In the End, First Love dies

       It's the first day of the second semester. It's exciting to meet new people and create new friends. I was also excited and nervous at the same time. I'm on my junior year in college. Sooner or later I'll be graduating and leaving the university. I put on  my uniform ready to go to school. “See you at school!” I texted my friend Ah Reum. I smiled and grabbed my bag and leave our house.

       I arrived at school just in time for my first subject Literature. I sat on the vacant seat in front. It's odd because it’s only three of us in there. There was a girl, a guy and me. My friend Ah Reum is not yet there I bet she's coming late. I only give smile to the girl who happens to be my seatmate and she did the same. I didn't see the guy's face. Then the professor entered the room. "Oh, there's only the three of you? Where are the others?" The professor asked. "I think they're late." The guy said. His voice was husky and deep. "Well it doesn't matter. Today is the first day of classes so let's start by introducing ourselves. I am Miss Lee Hye Rin. I'll be you professor for this subject Literature." She started. "Since I introduced myself... tell the class about yourself, just a little information, where you're from, and what you think you'll be after 5 years." Ms. Lee said. I took a paper and pen and wrote a bit of my introduction. "Are you done?" She asked. We all nodded "Okay let's start from you Sir." She said glancing at the guy. I didn't quite heard what the guy said. Not a single word. Not even his name. Then the girl beside me was next. Now it's my turn. "Go on, Miss." Ms. Lee cheered. I glanced at the girl beside me and she smiled. I breathed deeply then I began. "I am Kim Ji Yeon a 3rd year BS Information Technology student from Myeongdeong. After 5 years maybe I'm working on a big IT company or working abroad, and maybe studying for another course." I said without even pausing. I'm really nervous. The professor smiled at me. "Oh... so you still want to study? That's good to hear." She praised me. I just smiled shyly. The door suddenly opened. It was my friend Ah Reum. She quickly entered the room and sat beside me. "You're late." I said softly. She just pouted. "What about you miss? Tell us about yourself and your life after college." The professor turned to Ah Reum. My friend spoke with eagerness in her voice. There's nothing significant on that time until the professor asked us to type in our information in her laptop. One by one we went in front and inputted or information. When it was my turn I took a glance of the guy. He was handsome looking at his figure I can say that he's tall. I've never seen someone like him so perfect. I typed my name and number and took a glance of him again. He was staring at me. Oh gosh please don't smile or else I might faint. Then he gently smiled at me. I averted my eyes at him and went back to my seat. "Well class that's it for today. Next week bring your manuals. I'm sure everyone will be joining the class next meeting." Ms. Lee said organizing her things. We bowed and leave the room. I looked at the guy again and he's also staring at me. 'What the' is there something wrong with me? I and my friend walked hand in hand at the hallway. "Why are you late?" I asked Ah Reum. She just shook her head no. "I think that subject is going to be dissolve if were only four in the class." I said. She nodded. "Right, we have to be 15 or more so the class can still proceed." She said. I hugged her from her side and leaned my chin to her shoulder. "Ah reum-ah, what do you think of the guy from our class?" I said cutely. "What guy? I didn't even notice there's a guy earlier." She said sarcastically. "Yah! He's so handsome 10 out of 10. I'll show him to you when we see him." I said pouting at her. Yeah right, I think I like him 'love at first sight'.

The next week I was right. The subject has been dissolved. I frowned a bit 'I will not meet him anymore.' Aigoo why is that? We were walking at the school grounds when I saw the guy "Ah Reum, ppalli! It's him!" I pulled Ah Reum beside me and pointed him the guy I was talking about. "He's not cute." She just said. I let go of her arm and leave her as I started walking. She's always like that. When I try to tell her about someone I like she doesn't take it seriously. I'm used to her anyways.

        The whole semester I only see him during my free time sometimes every Thursday. I think there's a mutual understanding between us. There are times when I stumbled with him in the hallway and he just smiles at me. I just looked at him blankly. The feeling in my heart grows fonder and fonder. When I see him I felt happy. When he's not there I feel sad. I think I'm really falling for him. Then the semester ends. Still I didn't get to know his name. Huh... well there's still summer classes maybe I can still get to know him.

            The summer class has started and here I am stucked in our house. My parents didn't allow me to attend summer classes I don't even know why. I always send text to my friend Ah Reum to check if the guy attends summer classes. She said that she hadn't seen the guy maybe he did not enroll this summer. Well that's good. 2 months of summer staying at the house without even getting the chance to see him after finding out that he lives in Myeongdeong too. I missed him that's all I can think about. Then finally summer was over.

           Today is the first day of the semester. I am now a senior! With less than 10 months I'll be leaving the university. Still I don't know his name. 'Ireumui mwoeyo oppa?' the question I want to ask him. But I can only admire him from afar. I sat on one of the bench at the covered area waiting for him. I sat there for almost 3 hours hoping to see him just for a while, smile at him. My thoughts were running when someone from behind poked my back. It was my classmate Seo Yeon. "Hey!" She said smiling at me. I smiled back at her and offered her to sit beside me. After that we talked about our summer happenings. We laughed and joked not minding the people around us. Complimenting all the new students that passed by. Then my gaze turned to my side. I saw the guy I wanted to see for the last two months. He was sitting along our row. What even caught my attention is a girl sitting beside him.

         I thought the girl was just a random student but when I looked at them again they were talking and laughing. They were sitting sweetly like lovers. Then that hits me. He's already taken. My smile faded when I finally realize that it's too late for me to know him. I looked at him again for the last time. He looked at me too and smiled like he always does. 'Love is painful, all the love is painful' G-dragon is right. I wanted to cry that time.

        'Ireumui mwoeyo oppa?' The question I wanted to ask him but there's no anymore reason for me to ask him since he's already happy with someone else. They say first love never dies. In the end for me, my first love had just died.