Chapter 4

Hello...Again?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana’s POV

 

Nothing. It was empty but of course empty as in nobody was in there. I could spot through the opened window a messy bed, a couple of energy drinks on the floor and t-shirts scattered everywhere. Okay, we’ve got a problem already, is he as lazy as not even cleaning his own room? Wait, what if he doesn’t live here? My heart slowed down with disappointment, what if it was true?

 I looked down at the bracelet and I put it on my wrist. I never even got to wear it for a single day; I left it when I was in a rush changing in the morning when I was going to visit my grandma with my parents. I turned around and went downstairs.

‘’Uncle, I’m going out for a walk!’’ I shouted. ’’Okay, but be careful, if anything happens just give me a call, okay?’’ I heard my uncle say and I shouted ‘’ok’’ before stepping outside my house. I looked just opposite of my house across the road and I saw an old lady gardening in her front yard. My eyelids pressed together slightly just to see better I recognized her face; she always used to watch us play outside when we were younger. I remember her very vividly.

 I crossed the road and reached her fence ‘’Excuse me’’ I said faintly trying to get her attention but I guess due to her old age she hadn’t heard my voice. My eyes were immediately captivated by the roses that were once there when I was younger. I always used to stare at beautiful roses she grew every time I came from school, that was the bit where I started to have an emotional attachment to flowers, because as days passed the roses would wither and I’d become sad because of it. Well, the same plant that was so thin long ago was now as big as half of her house and as wide as a bush. Its roses as big as my fist and as healthy as the expensive roses you’d find at the flower shop. I had diverted my eyes to the lady once again and watched her garden around the purple pansies near the gate.

‘’Excuse me’’ I said this time louder. She lifted her head up slowly and turned her head to the gate where she saw me. She took her time standing up, getting her yellow gloves off and then walking towards me as she held the gloves in one .When she got to me she fixed her glasses. ’’Yes dear what can I help you with?’’ she said in a warm voice.

My tears were threatening to fall, I couldn’t believe it, I’m actually talking to her again but she doesn’t know it’s me. ‘’Um- do you remember the girl that used to live just across the road?’ I said then I pointed to my house. I took the chance to clear my eyes off the tears as I turned my body to point. She looked the way I was pointing and she then she suddenly had a sad expression on her face. ‘’Yes, I used to know her, she was such a sweet girl but she died in a car accident about 6 years ago. Why do you ask?’’ Then a tear slipped down my cheek. I couldn’t hold it in.

She thinks I’m dead.

‘’No she didn’t die’’ I told her but she was more worried about me crying than paying attention to what I was saying. ‘’It’s me Mrs Lee, I never died, but my parents did and since then I’ve been living with my uncle who’s been taking care of me.’’ She seemed taken aback to what I just said. It was a lot to take in at once and I don’t think that at her age she’d believe it that easily.

 ‘’But that doesn’t make sense, honey can you please stop crying first.’’ She patted my back softly.  ‘’But why didn’t you come back here in all of this time?’’ She asks me still not believing me, it was hard trying to explain this to someone, trying to prove your existence.

‘’I lost memory, so we came back here just to see if I remembered anything and I did, and the first thing I did was to come here and see you.’’ She then suddenly hugged me, I knew she missed me. ‘’You grew so much Hana, and all of this time I thought you were dead.’’ then she hugged me even tighter. Does she actually believe me?  ''Why don’t you come in Hana so we can talk for a bit’’ I nodded and she showed me in and then we sat down at the table in her kitchen.

We talked and talked and I told her I had no memory of anyone up until today and she felt sorry that my parents died. ’’Oh I nearly forgot, do you want some cookies? I baked them just this morning‘’ I nodded and off she went to get some for me. She always used to give me and Zico cookies every time she saw us, once we even baked some with her. I should probably ask about Zico maybe she knows where he is.

She came back and gave me the cookies that made my mouth water just by the sweet smell they had. I quickly shoved one in my mouth and Mrs Lee laughed at me. ‘’You always used to do that Hana, I guess bad habits never die’’ She laughed at me. ’’Mrs Lee, do you know anything about Zico?’’ I asked her and she looked down for a bit and then up into my eyes. ‘’No dear, he- didn’t come here since you had the car accident, and he kind of… changed so I haven’t spoken to him in a while’’ she told me and emphasises the words ‘a while’.

 I was surprised, he loved to come here just as much as I did, why did he stop? ‘’How about you dear, you changed so much you’re a beautiful young girl now’’ she quickly changed the subject so I went with it ‘’ Yes, I’m not a tomboy anymore’’ I said giggling and she smiled. ‘’It does suit you though, now I can distinguish you from a bunch of boys’’ I laughed at what she said, I guess that I didn’t really care what I looked like when I was younger.

 Then I realised it was dark outside ‘’Sorry Mrs Lee but it’s getting dark outside and my uncle is probably worrying, I should go.’’ I stood up and so did she. ‘’Of course, you should go but please come here again’’ I nodded. ‘’Thank you for the cookies they were the best as always.’’ I said and then she showed me out. I crossed the road and went inside my house after I waved at her.

 ‘’I’m home’’ I shouted and closed the door behind me. ‘’Come in here Hana.’’ I heard my uncle from the kitchen. I went in and helped him set out the table for dinner. We sat down and we started eating. I told him that I visited Mrs Lee and he was happy I met with someone I knew when I was younger. After dinner I went to my room so that I would go to sleep early because there was school tomorrow.  I changed into my pyjamas and went to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter