Pretend

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A slim and fair skinned latter with soft looking brown hair was sitting by the window gazing at the droplets of water hitting and sliding down said window. He couldn't help but to think of what has gone wrong. He wonders why he's still there, why he hasn't done anything to stop the pain inside him.

 

Donghae wishes he could somehow be like the rain, free. Then he starts to wonder why it is raining at this moment. Is the sky upset? Is the gloomy sky suffering like he is? Is that why it's so dark and down?

 

He can't help the crystal like tears that flow down his pale face like a waterfall. He wishes they would stop, and he tries to stop them from flowing down freely, but the more he tried the more they spilled out from his swollen red eyes.

 

“Why?” Donghae whispered as he laid his head against the cold window. “Why did you have to leave? You promised to always be here...I miss you. Nothing's the same without you.” He mumbles to no one in particular. “Mom still mourns and dad doesn't smile anymore. It feels like they've put up a wall. They don't even like being near me anymore. They say I remind them of you too much, so they avoid me at all costs...” Hae placed his hand on the glass of the window feeling the cold of the rain and wind dancing outside.

 

Donghae took a quick glance around the room as if he were searching for something specific. His eyes landed on a very familiar picture frame. He stood up from his place by the window and headed towards were the happy memory was placed on, the bedside table. He picked it up and just started at it with the most devastated expression he's ever had. It was a picture of Donghae and Eunhyuk, his lovely brother. Yet again he found himself trying to stop the tears that were currently streaming down his flushed, damp, cheeks.

 

He let her self drop her numb body onto the neatly made up bed without caring whether it would get messed up or not. Hae brought the picture up to his chest for a while as he cried and recalled all those happy memories he spent with Hyukkie and their parents. The poor boy kept sinking into a painful depression as each memory played in his head, that he could feel and somewhat hear his heart shatter and break into a billion tiny pieces.

 

Donghae brought the picture out of his embrace and stared at it for a little bit before throwing it across the room. Letting out a frightening scream, that was most likely heard by his parents, and if it was then they were too hurt to come and comfort him. The scream was filled of mixed emotions: pain sorrow, anger, frustration. His eyes reflected all those emotions, they were like pools filled with sorrow. Shutting his eyes closed and curling up into a ball, he cried himself to sleep.

 

The next morning was no better for Donghae. In fact, he felt dead and numbed on the inside. He did his daily routine of getting ready for school and making hisr way to said school, as if nothing had happened the night before. Hae's parents didn't even glance at him as he left the house, it was as if he wasn't there at all.

 

Throughout the day, school felt dull to him ignoring everyone and an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter