f r i e n d s h i p

— b r i g h t e r ☆

 

"I'll always be besides you until the very end, wiping all your tears away, being your best friend. I'll smile when you smile, and feel all the pain you do, and if you cry a single tear, I promise I'll cry too."

-

Kyuhyun and Heechul were best friends. Many would find them incompatible, clashing even. Heechul was picky, he would get annoyed over the simplest of all things, take repeated tilting of heads for an example, he finds it rude, and irritating. Kyuhyun was sharp tongued, and disrespectful at times. One would think that if placed together, both would erupt, and they would be at each others’ throats within seconds. It was a miracle, to say the least, that they became best friends.

At times, things would get real bad, and they would blame each other, but they would always, eventually, patch up. They stood up for each other, and supported each other through tough times, the bond they had was something unexplainable, there was something that drew them together. Sure, they had their moments, they hurt the other party emotionally, they got fed up putting up with the other, but they had something precious that was shared between them. Common interests that were hard to come by. They had many treasured memories, and they knew that deep down, they really did care for each other. It was fate they met, really. The first day of high school- introducing themselves, saying a simple hello. They slowly learned more of each other, and introduced things once unknown to the other. They grew to love the same band, and had fun co-operating for projects. They enjoyed having deep heart to heart talks of topics people rarely ventured into, and they valued each others’ thoughts and opinions. Life was simple and sweet as they hung out with their friends after curriculum hours at a mall. They would drop by a café and would sit down, taking photos and chatting, enjoying the simple moments and treasuring the precious memories.

One day, Heechul dragged Kyuhyun to a rooftop, they both sat down and dangled their legs over the ledge. “Kyuhyun, out of the many people that I’ve met, there was only that one special friend that I had. In the dry and barren desert somewhere, if I wanted to stop my tired footsteps, that person would be my strength. Past the tough trust and misunderstandings, through the road ahead seems far, I’m willing to walk over the tall hills, with those sneakers, every single day, till always, till forever – for you. I know that I’m unbearable at times, and I know that sometimes, I hurt you greatly, I know that I don’t deserve someone like you as a best friend, but I’m grateful that no matter what, you’re always here for me. I just want to tell you that when it hurts to look back, and you’re scared to look ahead, look beside you, and that is where you will find me. I know after years past, I may just be a faint memory, someone that had once existed, but one thing will never change, and that is how I will always be there to support you if you ever fall. All you have to do is just open your mouth, and I promise, I will be there before you know it.”

-

I’m happy to know that I have once made your life brighter, and happier. I hope our friendship will accompany us as the years pass.

-

Happy13th birthday, Bianca.

I hope you’ll always remember me.