A Special Date

A Special Date

Daehyun stares at the TV, flipping through the channels mindlessly with the remote on his left hand placed on the hand of the sofa. I'm lying down on my side, my head on his laps, eyes staring blankly at the tv screen as he stops at a news channel. Dae brushes my hair slowly with his right hand, looking down to my face:"Anything you wanna watch?" I shook my head and look up at him:"I'm bored. Lets go out" He switches the TV off and asks:"A date?" I sat up to look at him, squeezing his face between my palms:"Lets go" I lightly peck on his puffed up lips and drag him to the room by his wrist. Now...what to wear... I scan through his clothes that are neatly arranged in the wardrobe (all thanks to me) and paused at a red-blue checkered shirt i got him for his birthday last year. He put it on, over his plain white tshirt he was already wearing, complimenting the dark blue jeans at the bottom. I love him this way, simple and handsome. Oh well, when is he ever not handsome? "Perfect" I smiled in satisfaction. He pulled me away from the wardrobe:"My turn to choose." He looked around, pushing away a few of my dresses out of his way to take out a blue skirt and picked out a white tee from the drawer. He handed them to me as i walk to the bathroom to change and  also get ready. I never doubted his fashion sense because he always know how to be in style. In fact, I always had to take advise from him about styles and trends. I applied some light make up and I'm all set to go, not forgetting my black cardigan as its a little breezy outside. I walked out to the living room to see Dae scrolling through his phone on the sofa. He looked up to me as I appear infront of him, he smirked after checking out the outfit :"You look great. Thanks to me" I rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled and get up from the sofa, holding my hands:"Let's go! It's a beautiful weather outside" I grabbed my handbag as Dae puts on his blue cap. We both fit  into our sneakers before heading out the door.

We walked down the streets holding hands with our fingers intertwined. A group of young girls passed by us and they wouldnt stop staring at Daehyun. "So handsome!" I heard them saying after walking a certain distance away from us. I laughed softly at that, looking at Daehyun who also heard the comment. He chuckled and lean closer to me saying:"Even I am jealous that you have such a handsome boyfriend" I laughed even harder:"Oh really? Do you want me to introduce you a handsome boyfriend then?" Daehyun pouted and stop walking, leaving me two steps infront of him with our hands still connected. I walked back to him and tugged on his arm:"Alright big baby. You're the handsomest man in the world. Now lets go grab some food." That did the trick. "FOOD!!" He ran pulling me towards the restaurants. Jung Daehyun will always be Jung Daehyun.

After a satisfying lunch at a Korean restaurant, I suggest we go for a movie. So we walked towards the cinema not too far from the restaurant, with Daehyun complimenting the food we just had and how awesome the soup was throughout the whole trip. I just nodded along not really listening to him but more on looking at the stuffs on display at shops along the road. There wasn't alot people on the street because it looks like it's going to rain soon. We quicken up our steps. When we arrive at the cinema right before the rain starts to fall, there wasn't alot of people there as well. However, there was only one movie with a showtime that is close and convenient to us. A horror movie. "No. I won't watch that." I said. Dae shakes my hand that he was holding and persuades me:"But baby there's no other choice. Dont tell me u wanna wait for the comedy which is showing one whole hour later. And its raining outside we can't go out either. So lets just watch this while we wait for the rain to stop" With much worry, "Fine" I gave in. He pinched my cheek as a sign of appreciation that I have been considerate. He bought the tickets and we're ready to get into the cinema. "Popcorns?" He asks. "No thanks" I forced a smile, failed to hide my anxiety. I dont want the popcorns go to waste because I might just freak out and spill them all over. And pity the cleaner. He squeezed my hand and made eye contact with me. "It's gonna be alright. I'm here, okay?" He tried to comfort me. I nodded:"Just a movie right?" He smiled:"Just a movie."

We made a wrong choice. The movie itself was bad enough, there was only a few people in the cinema including us, and the loud thunder outside the cinema has made the atmosphere worse. I covered my eyes with my hands when i know things are going to happen but sometimes i couldnt help but peaked through the gaps of my fingers. I put my legs up on the seat as it makes me feel safer. Dae focused on the movie and didnt notice my actions until I jumped up a bit from my seat after a loud sound effect that i heard, not even looking at the screen. Dae look at me and place an arm over my shoulder to hold me closer as he whispers in my ears:"It's ok. I am here with you. Just a movie." I grip on his shirt and try to cover my eyes with it. He chuckled at my actions and gently rubs his hand through my back. I feel safe in his embrace. Though I still don't understand how people would pay money to scare themselves in a dark room. Horror movie is not my thing. I just wished the movie would end faster and we can get out of this madness.

After what seemed like forever, the movie finally ended. We got out of the cinema, the rain just stopped, but the sky still look gloomy. Daehyun asks where do we go next, I suggested we go to the long bridge where i can clear my mind after the horrific movie. We slowly walked along the bridge. There was a few couples like us on the bridge as well, enjoying the breeze after the pouring rain. Dae place his hands around me from behind on the railing of the bridge, resting his head on my right shoulder. He closed his eyes as he lets out a sigh. "Tired?" I ask. He shakes his head with his sharp chin wiggling on my shoulder, making me ticklish. He wrapped his hands on my waist and takes a deep breath in my hair, eyes still closed. "Just cherishing the moment with my precious baby." He said with a smile. I turned my head back to lightly peck him on the lips. He turned me to face him as he lean in for a kiss. I stopped him before he could:"Dae, we are in public now" Daehyun blinked at my sentence as if I spoke in mato language. "So? Everyone around here is doing it" I looked around and noticed he was right. He didn't hesitate to lean in and I lean back slightly at his sudden action, until we finally locked lips and I let him take control. I made sure it doesn't go out of control because I dont want things to turn..cough..ugly. Suddenly I felt a drop of water on my head. Moments later more it was drizzling and we finally broke apart realizing it was raining again.

Dae pulled me to a roofted bench at the park built at the end of the bridge. We ran in a different direction from the other couples to take cover so we are by ourselves at this side of the park. I took out tissues from my handbag, place the load down on the bench and starts wiping the water off Daehyun's face. He took another tissue and did the same to me. The rain starts to get heavier. What a weather. On our supposedly perfect date. I look up to the sky and sighed. As if he could read my mind, Dae place his hands on my shoulder:"We can still carry on our special date." He grinned. Uncertain of what he has in mind, he took out his phone from his pocket and place it beside my handbag on the bench. He sheepishly bowed at me and reached out his right hand asking me to take it, his left hand behind his back. I hesitantly place my hand on his inviting hand and he led me out under the rain. Thinking that he's out of his mind, i tried to head back under the roof but he began to hold my waist with his left hand and he began to waltz. Now I get it. Laughing, I followed his steps as we slow dance under the heavy rain, he twirled me around, failed to hold in his laughs. I laughed along with him, defeated by his dorkiness and amused by how he can make me feel butterflies in the stomach even by his childish actions. He hold me close as we both are now soaking wet. "I love you baby. I will always do" His voice chimes in my ears. I hugged him tight by wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you too Jung Daehyun" I almost shouted. He wraps his arms around my waist as he rocks our body side to side, singing a serenade with his angelic voice. 

What a special date. I thought.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was longer than I expected. But overall the ideas are presented in details and i hope you liked it!! ^^ 

originally from my b.a.p one shot collection