What Is This Feeling?

Tomorrow's Not So Far Away

 

You lose track of time easily when you're dead. It might have been a few hours here, or a few years. Either way, time seemed to have no meaning in this place.

During this meaningless time, the bond between Minho and I grew day by day. Or minute by minute, as time didn't really play a part. Ever since the day we'd discovered that it was indeed possible to make contact, Minho and I had been closer - a lot closer. Closer, I suspected, than just regular friends were.

But I'd just assumed it was simply a normal friendship, when deep inside myself I couldn't feel a slow fire burning it's way through me. I could sense traces of it, but never could I put a name to the sensation - it was something I'd never felt before.

The day I realized what I actually was to Minho was the self-same day I realized what he was to me.

We'd been walking together, as we often do, talking and sharing stories of the lives we'd left behind either eternities or moments ago.

It was a common pastime for us, that and sitting in the grass to stare into the stars when nighttime came around. And it would soon be dark.

We were sitting together on a bench. I was holding his hand because even though time felt so long and short all at once, I still needed proof that he was tangible. I might've gone mad were he not.

He looked up into the face of the setting sun over the horizon, the streams of golden sunlight seeming to thread through his hair.

We sat together for a time, watching the sun go down and then observing as the last remnants of light died away on the edge of our existence.

When it was completely dark, we got up, on our way to take up our next activity - watching the stars pop up one by one in the night sky. We usually fell asleep in the grass during this, but today we were talking quietly.

"I wonder if there's a way to get out of here," I mused, hands behind my head as I stared up at the sky. After a moment, I turned my head to look at him. He was looking at me as well, but the look on his face was somewhat sad. "I don't think I'd want to leave," he said, and the tinge of emotion in his voice wasn't encouraging.

"Well, I wouldn't leave you here alone, if that's what you're thinking," I said matter-of-factly, as if it were the simplest concept in the world to grasp.

A smile smile graced his lips. "Thanks, Tae. That means a lot."

I smiled back at him. "I've been lonely before, I know what it's like. I wouldn't leave anyone like that deliberately."

As I spoke, I felt like I was drowning. But not in any ordinary waters. These rolling waves were deep brown, and existed only in Minho's eyes. My mouth moved mechanically, speaking the words that some part of mind was still telling it to, but my conscious self just kept falling deeper and deeper beneath the surface.

When I was back to my senses, I was mere inches from Minho. I didn't know if I'd come closer or if he had, but either way...I didn't mind it.

Minho was looking at me with dawning realization in his eyes. "Taemin..." he whispered, but the words were as clear to me as they would have been if he'd yelled. "I think I love you."

That feeling of slow fire I'd had over the past few days - or weeks, or months - burst inside of me, exploding in a great blast of light and unheard sound.

I felt myself tearing up and I smiled radiantly at Minho. 
Words came from my mouth without my bidding, my subconscious knowing automatically what to say while my conscious mind was still in shock and decapitating joy at the realization. "Minho, I know that I love you. I'd never leave because if I did, then I wouldn't have you with me anymore. I love you Choi Minho, and don't you ever forget it."

He smiled brilliantly, and our lips met in a kiss that communicated all the feelings we'd held that had remained unvoiced until this moment.

♥♣♥The End♥♣♥


~~~

A/N: Yep, that's it people!!! So, yeah. ITS A SHORT CHAPTER. BUT IT HAS LOTS OF DETAIL AND I WROTE THIS IN SCHOOL. DO NOT MURDER ME. I hope you ludge it!
I HOPE YOU LIKED MY STORY!!!