Final

Why Is This Happening To Me...

 

~Jongup's Point of View~
 
Once again, I was entranced by the tall, slender maknae who was expertly moving across the hardwood floor of the dance studio. Zelo was practicing his moves for One Shot again, and I couldn't help but stare. 
 
Ever since we debuted, Zelo and I have stuck together like glue. Being the youngest members, we loved to pull pranks on our hyungs, who couldn't even get mad at the two of us innocent troublemakers.
 
Then it just... happened.
 
Something changed.
 
My heartbeat would speed up twenty times faster and a weird feeling would shoot through my body like electricity whenever Zelo did the most normal things: resting his head on my shoulder, giving me one of his precious cherry tomatoes, or even just grabbing my tshirt when we watch a scary movie.
 
'It doesn't mean anything,' I had manage to convince myself over and over again. 'He's like a brother to me, and you aren't supposed to feel these things towards a guy, anyways.'
 
"Yah, Jongup!" Daehyun's voice jerked me out of the thick daze that came over me whenever I watched Zelo dance. I turned towards my hyung with a glare. 
 
"What?" I snapped, and a look of annoyance washed over his face.
 
"Practice is over," the irritation in his voice could've cut steel, "so if you could please stop drooling over the maknae for five minutes, we can get going."
 
I blushed furiously. Although I have no idea how, Daehyun had come up with the idea that I was in love with Zelo. 
 
'I'm not in love with him,' I told myself desperately, 'I can't be in love with him.'
 
By the time I had managed to think of a comeback to shoot at Daehyun, he'd already walked over to the elevator with Yongguk. 
 
"We'll meet you three downstairs, alright?" Yongguk called in his deep voice, and it was Himchan who responded.
 
"See you down there, Gukkie," the visual responded with a sly grin and winked at the now blushing Yongguk.
 
After B.A.P. had promoted No Mercy, Himchan and Yongguk finally admitted their feelings after what felt like thousands of years of them oogling each other from afar. 
 
'Those idiots were the only ones who didn't see that they both liked each other,' I thought, smirking, but my mind drifted back to Zelo. Looking over at the tall maknae, he was giggling at something Himchan said.
When Zelo noticed me staring at him from across the room, his face lit up and he beamed at me.
 
Badump. Badump. Badump.
 
Why is this happening to me...
 
 
~Zelo's Point of View~
 
"Why won't you admit that you love him?" Himchan asked me while I waved at Jongup, and I turned beet red.
 
"W-what are you talking about? I don't love Jongup," I laughed nervously and packed my things into my training bag.
 
While stuffing my shoes in, I quickly snuck a glance at Jongup. His face was slightly red from all the practice we just did, and his bare arms glistened with sweat.
 
"Sure you don't love Jongup," Himchan replied smugly, "that's why you stare at him when he's not looking, why you share your cherry tomatoes only with him, why you do fanservice with him more than the rest of us, the list goes on and on."
 
"He's my best friend," I began to reason with Himchan frantically, who wore an amused expression. "He's my band mate. He's my-"
 
"He's your first love," I froze when Himchan said those words so casually and I looked back towards Jongup.
 
First love?
 
I shook my head, trying to get these thoughts out of my mind. Picking up my bag, I walked over to Jongup and wound my arm through his like I always did.
 
"C'mon, let's go out to the car. I wanna tell you an idea for a prank we can pull on Himchan when we get home," I whispered evilly into his ear and, to my surprise, he blushed slightly before smiling mischieviosly back at me.
 
"What did you have in mind?" He replied and we began making our way to the elevator, leaving a smirking Himchan to his own devices.
 
'There's no way I could love Jongup,' I thought idly while we planned out the massive prank we were going to pull on our hyung, 'and even if I did, he'd never feel the same way.'
 
When I thought that, a wave of sadness swept through me. 
 
Badump. Badump. Badump.
 
Why is this happening to me...