First Day

First day

It was the first day of school in the University. I walked to the train station near my house and bought a ticket. As I was waiting for the train to come. I was anxious; it was my first time to step into a school this big. Various kinds of people from all walks of life are here. I said a little prayer of guidance for the whole day.

 

The train came, the doors beeped as they opened, the train was almost crammed with people, I hurried inside to get my place. And then there was a rambling from the escalator, a man clad in a white long sleeved button down shirt, and a pair of black slim fit trousers, a black Jansport back-pack was hung on his right shoulder. He ran to my train door and luckily, he got in even before the automatic doors were shut. “Yes!!! I got in!” the guy hissed to himself. I just smiled at his expression. He panted, and touched his chest. I just looked at the guy; with his looks, I think he’s a bit older than me, and this guy is good looking, enough for women to give him a third glance. He fixed his ruffled hair and tried his best to fix himself. He noticed me, looking at him. He smiled at me, My God that smile! It’s like it’s so contaigious. and he said, “I was running late for my first class.” His voice. My God! His voice. I can’t really describe it, but it’s deep and masculine. His voice sounded like it was sent from up above. I smiled kindly at his statement. And then, he again spoke to me, “Do I look OK?” Huh? Why is he asking me this? I don’t even know him. My face fell dumbstruck with his question. Maybe he realized that we don’t know each other, he suddenly said, “Oh, Sorry. I’m just too nervous. It’s my first day.” He gave a chuckle. Then, I blurted out, “You look FINE.” Like yeaaaaaahhh!!! YOU look DAMN FINE DUDE!!!! He gave a small smirk, “Thanks.”I smiled back.

It came to the next station, the doors opened, and people started to push each other out of the coach. And one annoying old man pushed me, and my head hit the train’s safety hand railings. I screamed sarcastically to the old man outside as I was touching my injured head, “SORRY!” As another set of people came in the train they crammed more and began push me more towards the guy in white shirt, he was leaning on to the railing, on the side of the door, he said, “Here, you take my place, for more balance.” I obliged with his proposal, and took his place. He stood next to me and it looks to me he was shielding me from the other people. 

The train ride continued on. I heard the voice prompt telling the passengers what the next station is… that’s my stop. I readied myself for getting out. I saw the guy also getting ready. He asked me, “Are you getting off this coming station?” he gave me a smile. I smiled back at him, “Yeah…” He grinned and said, “Let’s get ready for some action.” The doors buzzed open; he began to sweep all the people around us, “Excuse us, Excuse us, Excuse us…” He said, as I followed him. He successfully got out, but then when I was about to get out of the doors, people came in, and I was stuck inside. I screamed and handed my hand out, “Excuse me! Please let me through, I have to get off this station.” And then, I felt a hand gripped my mine and pulled me out of the crammed train just when the train doors began to buzz again signaling its closing. I successfully got out of the train. I sighed in relief. I can still feel the hand on my hand, I looked at the person who pulled me, and it was the guy in white. He smiled at me brightly and I did to… “Thanks!” I gave him a bow. “Don’t mention it. Have a good day at school.” He said. HE turned away; I fixed myself and followed him to the escalators out.

I looked at my watch it’s only 11.45am, and my class is at 12.05. I walked in to my new university. Admiring the surroundings and not minding anyone, still thinking of the guy in white. I did not notice I was smiling and giggling. I walked into my classroom, I was early. So I sat on a chair in front. And I waited for class to begin. After a while, someone opened the door. It was the guy in white. My eyes grew wide. He was still holding onto his jansport bag. He saw me, and gave off a smile. He sat next to me, and said, “Hi! I didn’t expect to see you here. I’m Yoochun.”He held his hand out to shake mine. “I’m Minhee.” I said. I thanked him again about the train situation this morning. “That’s no biggie.” Soon the room began to be filled with other students, chatting with each other. We both waited. Soon, the bell rang, signaling the beginning of the new period. Still the professor hasn’t come yet. I looked onto the door anxiously. And then, the guy in white, Yoochun stood up. And walked to the mini stage. My eyes grew big. What the heck is he doing? Everybody paused at the sight of someone in front. And then he said.

“Welcome to English 114. I’m Park Yoochun, your professor.” My jaws just dropped to the floor. He noticed my reaction and smiled. And began his lecture.