It's a sunny day

Mr. Arrogant version 2.0

I spent the rest of the night feeling awkward while the idol still acts normal; like he didn’t shook the humanity in me just a few hours ago. His gestures makes me confused, I’m already suspecting he’s not really having amnesia. My appetite was long gone but he still asked for dinner despite eating the heaps of ice cream; men are hungry beasts indeed. To avoid an agreement, I complied. I was watching him ravage the sandwich into his mouth when my phone rang.

 

“Yes!” as I placed the phone in my ear.

“You owe me a date! Coffee, remember?” Denise said from the other line.

“Yeah, I know. So?” I replied while I frowned at Heechul as he almost choked from the Cranberry Juice he was chugging down.

“Let’s go out tomorrow! Shopping! Graduation clothes shopping!” she suggested. I totally forgot about the graduation. It’ll be a week from now and I completely forgot I’m graduating; the very reason why I woke up each day for the past 4 years. Well, I guess this is what idols do to you.

“Oh my! I almost forgot! Sure! I’ll see you tomorrow.” I quickly told her.

“Uhh… how about your son there?” I raised an eyebrow with her question.

“Son?”

“Who’s gonna babysit your Heechul there? Don’t tell me you’re taking him for shopping?”  Sarcasm has been my friend’s specialty.

“I’m calling the manager.”

“Good! I could have you all for myself!”

“Silly! I’ll see you tomorrow.” I bid her goodbye and hang up.

 

Heechul burped and that concluded his dinner. I instructed him to go wash and change into his pajamas which he obediently followed. I dialed his manager’s number and told him about my plan of going out tomorrow. Unfortunately, he won’t be able to come and that he will just send in someone else; I just hope Heechul gets comfy with whoever the manager sends.

 

The idol came out of the bathroom, now in his pajamas, and sat at the sofa. He grinned at me as he pressed the on button from the TV remote. I felt my forehead creased and brows connect. He’s annoying me with every little thing he does. I don’t know why. Maybe this is all just part of his unstable mentality. Since I’m the sane one here, the one without a medical condition, I’ll try to understand some more. That was just a kiss. Nothing else. I’ll keep convincing myself like this and move on.

 

I washed and changed into my sleeping wear and went straightly to bed. Half an hour of tossing and turning, sleep still didn’t come to me. The peaceful battle with myself got shaken when Heechul came to bed next to me. He slid inside the covers and tucked himself in and faced me.

 

“Goodnight Yanna!” he uttered, blinking his eyes a couple of times.

“Uhhh…Yeah…Goodnight too!” I spoke and turned away.

My heart was in turmoil again. How can I possibly sleep like this? My heart pounding like hell, my veins pulsated crazily and I’m now too conscious with my breathing; I could hyperventilate anytime.

I turned around once again to face him and placed a pillow in between us.

“Don’t… cross… this! Okay?” I pointed at the pillow separating us.

“Ow… okay!” he shrugged.

“Good!” I nodded.

I hugged my pillow tighter and turned away once more. I took deep breaths to calm myself down and I succeeded.

“By the way, I’m going to see Denise and shop around tomorrow. Your manager will send someone to accompany you here. Will you be okay?” I asked him.

“Huh…? Who…? Can’t I just go with you?” he suddenly sat up.

“No, you can’t go with me. If you get uncomfortable just stay here, inside our room. You’ll be fine.” I assured him.

“O-Okay…” he weakly said.

“Go to sleep now.” I ordered.

 

I don’t know how I fell asleep but the next thing I knew is it’s already morning. Heechul was still sleeping peacefully in his place when I noticed his face being illuminated by daylight. By that time, the scratches around his face have turned into scabs, the previously dark purple bruises are in a faded shade of yellow and there’s no more trace of swelling around his eye anymore. The Kim Heechul in there is becoming more and more evident; a fan can already recognize him.

 

I served breakfast to the hungry idol which he consumed rapidly and settled himself in the sofa comfortably to watch TV. Dressed to meet my friend, I looked at the mirror, spread the pea-sized Cream evenly into my face, and then I started lining my eyes when the doorbell rang. I went out, opened the door and Kangin and Donghae waved at me with smiles painted on their lips. I suddenly got conscious of my face as I only have one eye lined and colored with makeup. I became aware that the difference between my 2 eyes is just embarrassingly big. My hand went to cover my right eye like a reflex.

“Hey! Yanna!” Kangin greeted.

“We’re the babysitters today!” Donghae explained as he saw my expression. So glad they didn’t notice I’m still half not and half ready to face them.

“Hey!” I turned away and scooted back to my room. “Come in! Feel at home, I’ll be out, give me a sec.”

I did my other eye makeup in haste and sprayed my perfume over my neck and wrist. The 2 members were trying to make a conversation with the still aloof Heechul when I emerged from my room carrying my long strapped bag.

“You guys sure you’ll be okay?” I shifted my head to the left.

“Yep! I think we’ll be fine.” Donghae nodded.

I approached Heechul who’s sitting at the very end of the sofa hugging his knees. I kneeled at the side to get leveled with him. “You be okay here?” I smiled at him and he just pouted.

“They’re your friends, okay? I just need to see Denise for a while.” I tapped his knee.

“Can’t I just go with you?” he pleaded with those cute puppy eyes.

“Puppy eyes don’t work on me. And you can’t go to crowded places now. They will recognize you now, so be good and stay here. Hmm?” I grinned at him widely this time.

He rolled his eyes and pouted his lips. I heard the 2 other members chuckle and I immediately shot them a glare and mouthed “Shut up!”.

“I’ll bring home steamed buns?  Pizza? Burgers? Or…vanilla ice cream?” hoping for him to pick one.

“Buns and ice cream.” He said looking down with his lips still protruding.

“Okay! Buns and ice cream then. Be good, call me if anything comes up.” I finally got onto my feet and winked at the 2 other members who were still trying to keep their laughter to themselves. I moved to the entrance to put on my shoes.

“Just eat whatever. Lots of stuff in the fridge.” I pointed at the kitchen while I tuck my heel into my shoes by the entrance.

“We’ll be fine Yanna. Just go! This is the least we can do to help you.” Donghae opened the door and pushed me out.

“Thanks! Call me if there’s anything! Okay?” I reminded him before closing the door completely.

 

The ride wasn’t too long as the roads were almost clear and there are only a few cars running around. It was a very sunny day; the sunshine touches my skin only to make me feel warm and alive. My mood just compliments the weather. Denise was waiting for me at a café near her condo. She was sitting at the alfresco of the café and waved at me enthusiastically. I sat down at the empty wooded chair in front of her. She suddenly placed a cup in the table in front of me, “Misto!” we said at the same time.

“Thanks.” I smiled and sniffed near the cup cover’s hole; coffee smells like heaven.

“Coffee !” she uttered with a smirk on her face.

“Hey! You know I love coffee!” I defended rolling my eyes.

“So, who’s babysitting him?” she diverted.

“Donghae…and Kangin…came in this…morning.” I said in between my sips of the heavenly drink.

She just looked at me with an unreadable face and remained silent for a moment.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing. It’s just that it’s funny how the events turned out and you’re pretty much being surrounded with these idols these days. I thought Kibum was extremely rare already but here you are; mingling with the rest.” She explained but it sounded like a question to me.

“I don’t know…I’m confused myself. I actually don’t know what’s wrong with me; I even agreed to this absurd setting. If Kibum finds out…” in all honesty, I don’t know what’ll happen if he finds out.

“Speaking of Kibum…what’s happened to him? It doesn’t make sense that he’s not here despite what happened to Heechul. He’s totally unbelievable!” Denise mumbled. She has become annoyed with Kibum ever since he got busy with everything and rarely showed his face to me.

“He’s shooting drama in Taiwan. Work is still work. I don’t want a jobless boyfriend Den.” I shook my head. I don’t know if I’m still convincing my friend or myself. I’m not sure if I really do still understand him, his line of work or if I’m just tolerating it or maybe I just don’t have the chance to put it into an end. I’m very much sure this is going nowhere; it was absolutely foolish of me to expect. I’m stupid. I admit.

“Phew! Don’t give me that work stuff as an excuse to defend your lousy boyfriend. He might me one of the most sought after man and he’s your boyfriend but girl, he’s one y boyfriend. Just end it!” Denise nagged and sipped from the cup.

“I know. I just don’t have the chance to.” My mood dropped along with my head and played with my hands.

 

Now I feel really stupid. Hearing it from another person just makes it so real. It somehow felt embarrassing. Embarrassing because I allowed someone to make me feel this way; very much taken for granted and forgotten all the time. I knew I can always choose to not situate myself there but I did.

 

There was an awkward silence as I avoided an impending argument with Denise. I always knew where her nagging leads to. I’m grateful for having her all the time but I don’t need this now.

“Okay…I’m sorry…I didn’t… mean to…” she trailed off. I looked up to her and she has now an apologetic smile. I smiled back.

“It’s okay. I understand what you mean. Just give me time, I’ll get there.” I guaranteed her.

“Good! It’s just you deserve better than this.” She reached for my hand and wrapped it between hers.

“Thanks.”

“By the way, how’s the Amnesia Boy doing?” she suddenly shifted. No one beats the Denise Interrogation.

“He’s fine. He eats a lot!” I answered plainly.

“Tss. Does he somehow remember anything now?” she continued.

I just shook my head and combed my hair with my hand.

“Nothing? Nothing at all?” she said louder. I shrugged in reply.

“This is unbelievable.” She let out a sigh.

“I don’t want to rush him. He could get worse.” I frowned at her.

“Well, he needs to! So he can leave your place ASAP.”

“I can’t believe I have a friend as mean as you!” I shook my head once more.

“Don’t tell me you have feels for the guys already?” she waved her index finger.

“Of course not!” I replied abruptly.

“A strong denial always means something!” She creased her forehead and pursed her lips.

“Well..”

“Well…?” she asked.

“He…uhhmmm… sort of…uhhh…kissed me…”

“Wh-What?!” I saw some people nearby looked at her.

“It was nothing! It was just…an accident…” I tried to explain even though I knew it won’t work anyway.

“C’mon now! I know you too well to believe that! You sure know that was something.” She scoffed.

Too embarrassed to admit that I was indeed shaken by that mind-freaking kiss, I just smirked at her.

“You !” she yelled and I saw an older woman from another table frowned, looking us.

 

 


Author says:

I'm sorry about this update, this is a filler.

I'm working on the next update.

You can already guess what'll happen next right?

SJ and alcohol? Lols.

We'll see what I can come up with!

 

Stay tuned and keep reading.

Keep safe everyone! ♥