We'll take care of You

Our Oppa - Dongsaeng Relationship

“Closing the slate!” The girl member yelled happily with arms smacking against one another with loud cheers and relief sighs everyone had bowed thanking each other for their hard work. The PD had talked with the whole cast for the next episode of Running Man and with smiles they all cooperated well. “Thank you for the hard work everyone, see you next week!” The youngest among the cast yelled with his long legs swiftly walking out the door, “I’ll be taking my leave as well.” HaHa added with a small grin not wanting to take up much of his free time and decided to pay a visit to his lovely wife before anything else popped up.

From afar you could see the rest of the five talking amid of each other but the two elder slowly breaking away from the conversation to a new one – leaving Ji Hyo, Jong Kook, and Gary to talk to each other. Loud laughs could be heard from the ahjusshi’s as they planned to do something later on that week. “Aie~ Come on Jae Suk lighten up will you? Your wife should be fine if you’re gone for a day or two at my place.” Jae Suk sighed muttering, “But you know how she is hyung…I wish. Plus, I have to take Ji Ho to the park and hopefully it won’t be swarming with fans.” Suk Jin nodded and smiled understandingly, “It’s fine then. We can always plan it another time.” “Thank you hyungnim!” Jae Suk replied also smiling fondly.

“We’ll be leaving now, sorry again Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook yelled and apologetically glancing at Ji Hyo she just smiled with her best poker face, “Don’t even worry about it! You two be careful on your way home!” She spoke to Jong Kook and Gary and in return Gary smiled foolishly, “Don’t you be thinking too much Ji Hyo~” Angrily (but in a joking way) she replied, “YAH! KANG GARY!” The two men laughed before waving to her and everyone else, “See you all next week!” They said in unison and in return they got small mumblings and pleased faces.

Ji Hyo was talking with the PD once again as he personally asked for her time; reluctantly she obliged and listened. For the first time she felt hurt and shocked at the hearing and excused herself, “Please excuse me PD-nim…” She trailed on feeling the water works finally bursting, but luckily no one around paid that much attention to her and went on with their normal lives.

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

“Aish!” “What is it Jae Suk?” The Big-Nosed hyung asked seeing the younger murmur some nonsense while texting someone back. The man sighed turning face-to-face with the elder, “It’s Jong Kook. He just told me that he got into a small ‘accident’ and now he’s at the hospital.” Suk Jin widened his eyes, “S-seriously?!” Jae Suk’s face awkwardly frowned, “Y-yeah…” The elder was about to call the commander but then noticed Jae Suk giggling behind him. “Jae Suk…are you sure he’s at the hospital?” He questioned once more feeling unsure.

“…”

“…”

“…well?”

“…”   

 “Yah! Yoo Jae Suk!!!”

“HAHAHA! You fell for it hyungnim!” The grasshopper bursted out laughing uncontrollably, it was the first time he’d seen his dongsaeng act so childish. “Why’d you make such a serious joke like that, it wasn’t funny I was really worried.” Suk Jin stated seriously Jae Suk shifted awkwardly then bowed, “Sorry hyung…” Suk Jin saw the apologetic look in younger’s eyes and smiled, like an appa would, “Is it because you’ve been stressing Jae Suk? Is that why you made joke like that?” Jae Suk looked up and nodded still feeling guilty. The Big-Nosed hyung sighed and patted his back, “That’s alright. But next time let’s not make the joke sound too serious!” He laughed which followed along with Nation MC. It was then something passed their eyes.

Ji Hyo crying her eyes out running past the crowded staff members and into the dressing room.

Time seemed to stop for the two elder members; as shocking it was to see the only girl member weeping hysterically. “What happened to Ji Hyo?” Both said all-together and looked at each other with worried eyes. Jae Suk breaking the profound silence asked, “Let’s go check it out!” Suk Jin gave him a quizzical look, “Usually you wouldn’t be nosy into other people’s business-” “But hyung, this is Ji Hyo we’re talking about.” He asked with determination firing in his eyes; the silence once again rose up between the two.

“Please hyung.” Jae Suk pleaded once more.

Ji Suk Jin tried to see through the eyes of other detecting if he was being serious, he sighed once giving back the equal amount of determination. “Let’s go then!”

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

There was a knock on the door. Twice.

“Can we come in?” Both men chorused together.

“Y-yes! I will come open the door!” They had heard the female voice say aloud. The two sweatdropped hearing the peculiar noises happening in the closed room; the door finally opened. There she was, unharmed and no swelling.

“Something you need Jae Suk oppa? Suk Jin oppa?” She started off innocently evading eye contact and instead asked another question before they could answer, “Why don’t you come in?” She said strolling towards one of the black couches with a small smile. The two could sense the atmosphere feeling quite tense but decided to ignore it and went on ahead and took a seat. “How are you Ji Hyo?” Jae Suk started off playing safe. She just laughed awkwardly raising her hand in a petty manner, “Oh~ I’m just fine. Why do you ask?” “Oh no. It’s nothing really…we just saw you run in here. Just wondering since the filming is over…” The Nation MC trailed off eyeing her carefully. With caution she just laughed out loud; faking.

“Haha! Aigoo~ Jae Suk oppa you don’t need to worry about me. I’m fine, absolutely!” She waved off once again. Suk Jin who was seated by listening to the ridiculous conversation was filled with enragement and stood up, “YAH! How the hell do you have the guts to lie like that to us? Huh?! Ji Hyo you know you can trust us. Don’t lie like this saying, ‘Oh~ I’m okay~’” He mocked her; the ace on the other hand could only feel tears threatening to come out once again. Jae Suk noticed trying to calm the Big-Nosed hyung down, and after a couple of minutes of ranting Suk Jin felt guilty seeing the girl’s head hung down low. “I’m sorry for acting like that Ji Hyo…I just- I just want you to trust us and tell us what’s wrong. You don’t need to hide it from us. After all we’re family aren’t we?” Suk Jin ended smiling guilty. The girl had finally had the courage to look up at the two and blurted out, “It’s the Monday Couple.”

“Monday Couple? What’s wrong with the Monday Couple?” Jae Suk asked confused.

Seeing the girl shifted awkwardly in her seat which lead Jae Suk to declare, “How about we leave first then? We can find a place to talk about since PD-nim is still here.” Both nodded leaving the dressing room altogether. They passed by the PD and smiled. He took notice and waved a hand at the three huddled group, “You’re leaving now?”

“Ah yes PD-nim! We’ll see everyone next week. Thank you for the hard work!” Jae Suk interpreted with a bow and Ji Hyo and Suk Jin following the same suit. The PD laughed lightly replying back, “Ah yes! Good work today you three. I’ll see you next week- Oh! Ji Hyo-sshi please reconsider the thought alright?” She smiled weakly nodding. “Okay PD-nim…”

The two elder’s witnessed the small scene then looked at each other nodding their heads. They confirmed that something was wrong when the PD spoke that way. “Goodbye everyone!”

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

Ji Suk Jin nodded his head at the usher standing in a sleek black suit with dark shades. The man smiled notably at Suk Jin before moving out of the way letting the three pass through. The girl member looked up at the huge neon lit sign which read ‘Club Impala’ and she laughed quietly knowing the name had taken after the endless teasing of his nickname on Running Man.

There were loud booming noises all over the one-room building and not to mention flashing lights in various colours blinding their eyes. Ji Hyo and Jae Suk waited for the elder to finish talking with the many people in his club laughing and cheering with bottles of soju. The girl had flinched seeing the drunken man in front of her fainting on the floor sprawled with the leakage of beer surrounding him – but where was she to complain when she drinks just as much herself. The known grasshopper emcee kindly helped the man who had begun to ramble nonsense and brought him to one of the nearby couches opposite of them. There the man slept with ease mumbling in his sleep. With a heave, he sat back down beside Ji Hyo smiling gently, “Don’t worry Ji Hyo…” He assured her by patting her back she just nodded her head while her eyes began to study the humongous building. There she saw Korean men and women grinding to each other and shamelessly out loud not caring about what the world would think. She twitched uncomfortably, and yes, sure she would go to a bar every now and then, but never would she have thought about having ual desires in a bar. It disgusted her.

All she would do was get a drink or two and then leave before she got out of line.

“Alright! I’m done. Let’s head out to the back!” The Big-Nosed hyung announced returning from the rather long talks from his friends. The two stood following the owner of the bar leaving behind the drunk man who had been muttering to himself for the last ten minutes.

“Don’t leave me Byul for that stupid HaHa…” He slurred.

“Stupid drunk…” was all Ji Hyo could think once they finally reached the private room.

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

They all took a seat on the comfortable, yet expensive leather chairs with small sighs. Ji Hyo had begun, once again, studying the surrounding area they were in. It was a fairly big room. The walls were beige coloured; following up with marble white flooring which contrasted with the black marble bar counter at the corner of the room. Suk Jin only needed to raise a finger at the bartender (whom he trusted – plus he would never let any of the owner’s secrets leave the room when he invited huge guest) and in a snap he would get his usual drink. “Anything you’d like tonight Ji Hyo? Jae Suk?”

“I’ll take vodka.”

The two men looked at her incredulously, “Are you sure Ji Hyo?” Jae Suk trailed off before mumbling in between ‘I’ll have a cocktail’ and then staring at the girl who shrugged boredly. “Why not? Don’t think I can handle it?” Feigning doubt he replied, stuttering, “I-it’s not l-like that-” “I know it is Jae Suk oppa. You don’t have to force yourself to make me feel better.” She stared at the floor which made out a very light reflection of herself and sighed.

Suk Jin had told the bartender the orders and in response he got thumbs up in acknowledgement. They all sat in comfortable silence waiting for their drinks; only hearing the loud clanks of glass and liquid being poured in it. “Oh! They’re done. I’ll be back in a second.” The Big-Nosed hyung announced getting up from the couch and off the corner of the room. Jae Suk looked at Ji Hyo hesitantly as she sat emotionally, “Ji Hyo,” He mustered his courage to speak out. She looked at him with curious eyes before answering, “Yes oppa?”

“Can you tell us what PD-nim said to you earlier today?”

The silence once again came but was interrupted when the eldest had come with three drinks held unstably in his arms. “I suggest you take your drinks before I drop them.” He joked lamely the two, without hesitation took the drinks into their palms with small nods of appreciation. “So…what happened while I was gone?” Suk Jin questioned seeing the two silently drinking their own beverages; with a sigh he finalized, “Want to tell us what happened today Ji Hyo?” She also let out a small breath hearing the same question once again, “Fine.” She replied sternly; glaring at the drink in her hand. “As I said before…PD-nim was talking to me about the Monday Couple concept…” The two nodded listening attentively letting her continue.

“Well. He said to boost up the process between the both of us…” This led the two men to be confused momentarily. She looked seeing the reaction she was expecting and continued, “You’re probably wondering what he meant, huh? You both know clearly that me and Gary have been interacting more lately – but just not enough to satisfy PD-nim. He said he wanted me to also break up with my current boyfriend, you know, my CEO. I really have a strong liking towards him, and I promised that I would show more ‘fan service’ for the Running Man fans here and internationally so that I can still be with my boyfriend…and honestly, I’m starting to regret that promise. I love Gary, I really do. But just not the way everyone thinks…I did say he was a perfect boyfriend, and ideally he still is. He’s just…not the one I’m after, you know. I’m sure that Kang Gary has many girls falling for him. I don’t know why it had to be me though, I mean for fan service? I mean I’ve always loved you Jae Suk oppa and Suk Jin oppa as just…oppa’s – as sunbae’s I respect. I’m just- I’m just confused about this whole situation. PD-nim really wants my answer on this; whether to break up with my boyfriend and not disappoint my fans or the other way around. I don’t understand why I have to be put up like this…it hurts me because I have to make such a difficult choice. Why can’t it be that I can do both? Without disappointing my fans either way. Ugh…and yeah. That explains why I had been crying earlier.” Ji Hyo explained; gritting her teeth onto each other and gripping the glass of alcohol in her tightly the glass looked like it was going to break at any moment. Jae Suk and Suk Jin could clearly see the tears the girl member was struggling to hold back.

Frustration. They had not known this same girl who would always come onto the set early smiling and chatting away happily. It was another person…it was the first time they had seen her this stressed out ever since that one episode of the Monday Couple’s last day together (Episode 90). They couldn’t help but pity the girl.

But man, she was strong. To be able to hold onto this anger and resentment inside of her throughout the whole day without cracking once; surely no one noticed her rage. These two were glad they were the first ones to see it. And also so glad that she trusted them enough to show this new emotion. “Shall we say our cheers then?” Suk Jin implied making the girl look at him with pure innocence. She chuckled lightly getting where the eldest man was heading at.

“Cheers for letting out this anger!” Suk Jin yelled first raising his glass high.

“Cheers for getting to see this new emotion of Song Ji Hyo!” Jae Suk followed also raising his glass.

“And cheers for thanking you oppa’s who are not judging me so harshly!” Ji Hyo finalized with a huge grin on her face. The feeling of weight on her shoulders felt a lot lighter; how it felt so good to get things off her chest. She thanked them for that. For always taking care of her.

“Thank you oppa’s…”

 •·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

The two elderly men struggled getting the girl to lie on the bed and who now had been rambling nonsense ever since she had the alcohol kick into her senses. “God, she’s heavy!” The Big-Nosed hyung complained groaning when one of her legs kicked his face; lightly though. “You better not say that to her hyung. You know how she gets about her weight.” The Nation MC replied accusingly which Suk Jin mentally rolled his eyes at. “I know, I know!”

With a huge heave on the count of three the men had thrown the girl onto the new made bed and slumped to the ground as they finished doing so. They panted and huffed feeling quite nausea themselves. After all, they had been at the bar for at least three hours straight of only karaoke-ing, dancing, and having shots; it was sure tiring for the two ahjusshi’s.

“Well let’s just be thankful everything is alright now...” Jae Suk exasperated out looking at the girl laying on the bed fondly with a small smile and Suk Jin following in pursuit. “Yeah…I guess you’re right. Anyways I think you should stay over to Jae Suk since she is going to be sleeping here for the night. Luckily my son went camping with his school so, I have another spare room to give. What do you say Jae Suk? Stay over! It’s already late!” The grasshopper could only scoff and then laughed afterwards, “Fine, fine! I’ll call my wife quickly to not worry her and stay for the night.” “Yes!” Suk Jin screamed excitedly which he was shushed quickly by Jae Suk worried glance at the girl sleeping soundly on the bed. “Oops. Sorry~!” He whispered.

The two finally caught their breaths going out the door together, but not before having one last look at the girl lying on the bed. “Goodnight Ji Hyo. We love you.” The whispered in chorus and closed the door gently.

The girl; unknowingly smiled in her sleep also whispering…

“I love you too…Jae Suk oppa…Suk Jin oppa…”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Poko24Makashi's Note:

I'm really sorry for updating this sooo late! ><''' I've been quite busy lately D: But I'm glad I finished writing this one-shot ^^ It feels great actually :D Everytime I write a fanfic with Running Man in it - I totally feel at ease! xDD Man, what Running Man does for you :P Thank you again to all my subscribers and silent readers :DD I hope you enjoy this fic as I much as I did! ^_^ And comments anyone? ^^;

- Comments and reeviews?! XD <3